This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 77: Arcade Games of the Reagan 80s

People who play Frisbee across bike path, even on July 4th, are prime candidates for the Darwin Award. That is all.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

No love for Defender? I am surprised. We had a Defender and a Centipede game at the Food Town in Hartland, Michigan when I was a kid. I didn't like the roller ball controller for Centipede, so I played Defender.
      Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Thunderstorms just rolled thru, another day another inch of rain. Keeping me from getting my slab ready to pour. So I'm drinking rum and Pepsi Throwback, mighty tasty
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Thunderstorms just rolled thru, another day another inch of rain. Keeping me from getting my slab ready to pour. So I'm drinking rum and Pepsi Throwback, mighty tasty
          What are you building?

Comment

Time for me to fly. We're bringing one of our medevac helicopters to Earth, TX for their 4th of July parade and barbeque. They told us to come hungry.

Too bad we can't enjoy the beer, too!

Happy Independence Day to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
              Time for me to fly. We're bringing one of our medevac helicopters to Earth, TX for their 4th of July parade and barbeque. They told us to come hungry.

Too bad we can't enjoy the beer, too!

Happy Independence Day to everyone.
              enjoy the flyover. We climbed out of Rapid City yesterday and flew near a B1 doing a pass.
              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
                What are you building?
                30 by 34 shop, place to get a vehicle into out of the cold and a place for my tools. Going to try and use solar to keep it from freezing, we'll see how it works

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  30 by 34 shop, place to get a vehicle into out of the cold and a place for my tools. Going to try and use solar to keep it from freezing, we'll see how it works
                  Knowing how shops go, you might as well make it 30 by 35.
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                    Knowing how shops go, you might as well make it 30 by 35.
                    I'm putting a 12 by 30 open wall addition on one side already wood shed, tractor storage, whatever else

Comment

Evening, Lodge! Hope you're having a fun 4th of July!

Nice poll. Suddenly I'm in the mood to play Space Invaders.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                        Pole is missing the following:
                        - Hang-On/Super Hang-On (yes, I'm a Sega fanboy, how'd you ever guess?)
                        I wasted a lot of money on that one.
                        - Paperboy
                        I think I kept dying on Wednesday-Thursday - I hated how you didn't get credited with a delivery if the paper went into the garage.
                        - Marble Madness
                        This game is pure evil.
                        - TMNT: the Arcade Game
                        Took about $3 worth of quarters, but I beat that *'ing game.
                        - Bubble Bobble
                        I don't think I ever played this in an arcade - only on NES.
                        - Gauntlet
                        This is another game that is pure evil.

Comment

As long as we're on the topic of old-school arcade games, I would like to introduce you to MAME.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                            As long as we're on the topic of old-school arcade games, I would like to introduce you to MAME.
                            MAME and other assorted emulators rule.

Oh, Twitch, you and Mookie might like this one: on my MAME, I have some sort of Japanese draw poker/slot version of a game. But every time you get enough points to get to another level (each winning hand is worth x amount of points), a cartoon woman takes off an article of clothing, and things uh....happen with her (ex: one level, the girl rubs herself). It's friggin' bizarre and creepy.

My friends and I would always make someone play it, if they were drunk and hadn't played it before. The results are hilarious. Most of the time the first words out of their mouths are "What the F---?!?!?!"

Other than that, yeah, the usual old-school arcade games, some of which have Japanese or turbo versions.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Oh, Twitch, you and Mookie might like this one: on my MAME, I have some sort of Japanese draw poker/slot version of a game. But every time you get enough points to get to another level (each winning hand is worth x amount of points), a cartoon woman takes off an article of clothing, and things uh....happen with her (ex: one level, the girl rubs herself). It's friggin' bizarre and creepy.
                              GUN DEALER!

Basically Tetris combined with poker. It drops cards on you, and you clear rows by making poker hands.

Wish I could find it on YouTube...God I'm a nerd.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I can see blue sky this morning, must be the first time in weeks that has happened. Yea

Comment

Working...
                                X