PDA

View Full Version : Providence Friars

Reddington
12-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Speaking of possible injuries, is Maureen Murphy out with an injury?

DC78-82
12-09-2019, 02:24 PM

Heard she was going to transfer - destination unknown. I think I heard it while watching a game on line.

MAHOCKEY FAN
12-11-2019, 01:45 PM
what is the rules on how many games = 1 season of eligibility? (she played 11 games) just wondering if this year counts...she is a Jr. My bet is she goes Green & Gold

ARM
12-11-2019, 02:03 PM
what is the rules on how many games = 1 season of eligibility? (she played 11 games) just wondering if this year counts...she is a Jr. My bet is she goes Green & GoldAFAIK, the ratio of games only applies for a medical redshirt, and I think it was like a third of the regular season or less. It seemed like teams could apply for a waiver in borderline cases.

I know that football has softened its rules so that a player can see minimal action and still redshirt w/o an injury, but I don't know if hockey added anything equivalent.

Sieve1
12-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Heard she was going to transfer - destination unknown. I think I heard it while watching a game on line.

Can a player transfer mid season?

Still Eeyore
12-11-2019, 07:37 PM
Can a player transfer mid season?

Yes, though that rule is only a couple of years old.

Reddington
12-11-2019, 10:02 PM
Yes, though that rule is only a couple of years old.

I know it happened last year but the player and the two teams escapes me but, it was a goalie and the goalie suited up and played right after the end of the first semester.

Lindsay
12-11-2019, 10:25 PM
I know it happened last year but the player and the two teams escapes me but, it was a goalie and the goalie suited up and played right after the end of the first semester.

I believe it was Syracuse picking up a goalie from Quinnipiac. Addison Small, maybe?

Edit: Allison, not Addison.

In the blue
12-12-2019, 09:05 AM

PCs record is a lot better without Murphy

Reddington
12-12-2019, 10:10 AM
I believe it was Syracuse picking up a goalie from Quinnipiac. Addison Small, maybe?

Edit: Allison, not Addison.

Yes, I think you are correct, you are a volume of knowledge on women's hockey trivia.

Edit You are correct and it even says mid season transfer and she started a game for Syracuse on Jan 11.

Assuming Murphy is not going to redshirt because of the amount of games she played, I think someone nailed it with calling for a mid season transfer. So, it would have to be a non Hockey East school because of their transfer restrictions.

Somebody has guessed Clarkson. I doubt a player could get any mid season scholly so I would not rule out Ivy in addition to the other schools.

MAHOCKEY FAN
12-12-2019, 08:29 PM
My guess has more to do with Clarkson Then Ms Murphy. Clarkson is not where they usually are and I am guessing Ms Lonergan is lost for season ( although have not heard anything-which is suspicious in itself).