UAA New Season New Digs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAA New Season New Digs

It will be interesting how hockey at the Farg works out.
    With 11 freshman we'll see how our team does.

Re: UAA New Season New Digs

I have purchased the family pass (or similar) for hockey the past couple of years. I got an email the other day telling me that they are sorry that's not available anymore, but I can get a deal on tickets to basketball and volleyball instead. LOL....no thanks.

What is the capacity of the Fargo center? I actually welcome watching the games in a smaller venue, but I wonder if it will be tough(er) to get tickets(?)

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
      I have purchased the family pass (or similar) for hockey the past couple of years. I got an email the other day telling me that they are sorry that's not available anymore, but I can get a deal on tickets to basketball and volleyball instead. LOL....no thanks.

What is the capacity of the Fargo center? I actually welcome watching the games in a smaller venue, but I wonder if it will be tough(er) to get tickets(?)
      I believe it seats 800, but they were talking about expanding it to 1000. I doubt that can be done this summer. It will be much more difficult to get tickets (compared to getting them at the Sully). The best way to secure a seat is to get on the waiting list for season tickets.
      Last edited by Suze; 06-30-2019, 08:35 PM.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Thats a bummer.....Well, I guess having UAA and UA_ out of whatever they call the new WCHA will make the future uncertain, which is probably not great for recruiting....I wonder what conference they will play in in 2021-22?

Seven prominent NCAA Division I men's hockey playing institutions have announced the exploration of a new Division I men's hockey conference that would begin play with the 2021-2022 season. The seven institutions include: Bemidji State University; Bowling Green State University; Ferris State University; Lake Superior State University; Michigan Technological University; Minnesota State University, Mankato; and Northern Michigan University.

The group is comprised of institutions rich in history and tradition with a strong commitment to academic and athletic excellence. They are like-minded in their goals and aspirations for the potential new league with a focus on improving regional alignment and the overall student-athlete experience while building natural rivalries within a more compact geographic footprint.

The potential new conference is also committed to providing the best possible collegiate hockey experience for its student-athletes, fans, and all stakeholders. Finally, the group would plan to establish itself as an elite hockey conference that would have the highest standards for overall competitiveness and rigorous non-conference scheduling, along with a level of institutional investment that demonstrates significant commitment to their hockey programs and facilities, while also establishing relationships with corporate partners and others that create a high degree of visibility and positive media exposure for the league.

As current members of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) men's league, the schools have independently submitted formal Letters of Notice to the conference office, initiating the withdrawal process in accordance with WCHA Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws. The institutions will continue to play in the WCHA during the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 seasons.

The seven institutions have engaged Dr. Morris Kurtz, a long-time athletics administrator and noted athletics and hockey consultant, to serve as spokesperson and to assist them as the group sets out to transform the college hockey landscape.

During these initial stages of developing the potential new conference there will be no further comment from these institutions, including Presidents, Athletic Directors, and Coaches. Media inquiries should be directed to Dr. Kurtz.
        Last edited by Scrum Bucket; 06-28-2019, 04:00 PM.

Comment

As an outsider looking in, when the Seawolves announced the move back on campus, I felt things didn't look good. The press release said financial challenges made it necessary, but then in the next paragraph they announced that they would work to upgrade the on campus rink from 750 to the WCHA standard of 2500. That to me sounds like some serious cash would be needed.
          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Stabbed in the back. Might as close it down now.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
              Thats a bummer.....Well, I guess having UAA and UA_ out of whatever they call the new WCHA will make the future uncertain, which is probably not great for recruiting....I wonder what conference they will play in in 2021-22?

Seven prominent NCAA Division I men's hockey playing institutions have announced the exploration of a new Division I men's hockey conference that would begin play with the 2021-2022 season. The seven institutions include: Bemidji State University; Bowling Green State University; Ferris State University; Lake Superior State University; Michigan Technological University; Minnesota State University, Mankato; and Northern Michigan University.

The group is comprised of institutions rich in history and tradition with a strong commitment to academic and athletic excellence. They are like-minded in their goals and aspirations for the potential new league with a focus on improving regional alignment and the overall student-athlete experience while building natural rivalries within a more compact geographic footprint.

The potential new conference is also committed to providing the best possible collegiate hockey experience for its student-athletes, fans, and all stakeholders. Finally, the group would plan to establish itself as an elite hockey conference that would have the highest standards for overall competitiveness and rigorous non-conference scheduling, along with a level of institutional investment that demonstrates significant commitment to their hockey programs and facilities, while also establishing relationships with corporate partners and others that create a high degree of visibility and positive media exposure for the league.

As current members of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) men's league, the schools have independently submitted formal Letters of Notice to the conference office, initiating the withdrawal process in accordance with WCHA Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws. The institutions will continue to play in the WCHA during the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 seasons.

The seven institutions have engaged Dr. Morris Kurtz, a long-time athletics administrator and noted athletics and hockey consultant, to serve as spokesperson and to assist them as the group sets out to transform the college hockey landscape.

During these initial stages of developing the potential new conference there will be no further comment from these institutions, including Presidents, Athletic Directors, and Coaches. Media inquiries should be directed to Dr. Kurtz.
              That’s a lot of words to say “F— you, go die.”
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The idea of an Anchorage Junior team looks much more realistic now.
                Do the Brown Bears migrate north?
                Or is it FAI, ANC, ENA?
                Who bank rolls it?
                You going to billet one Suze?

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                  Or is it FAI, ANC, ENA?
                  Who bank rolls it?
                  They aren't getting my money. I'm pretty much done with hockey in this town once UAA is gone.

I also doubt any of those WHL rumors have any teeth.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Or is it FAI, ANC, ENA?
                    Who bank rolls it?
                    Ha! Nope, we are empty nesters enjoying retirement!
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      They aren't getting my money. I'm pretty much done with hockey in this town once UAA is gone.

I also doubt any of those WHL rumors have any teeth.
                      You never know. Word around the water cooler is the Winterhawks might look to leave Portland due to Oregon’s new minimum wage law.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        You never know. Word around the water cooler is the Winterhawks might look to leave Portland due to Oregon’s new minimum wage law.
                        They’ll be sold to a willing Canadian owner then and put somewhere in BC or Alberta instead of a place that’s literally about to be an economic wasteland.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          They’ll be sold to a willing Canadian owner then and put somewhere in BC or Alberta instead of a place that’s literally about to be an economic wasteland.
                          you don't sound like a Dunleavy/Babcock/private prison lady fan.

Comment

you don't sound like a Dunleavy/Babcock/private prison lady fan.
                            Not really.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

So will we get the 800 every game?

Comment

Working...
                              X