No announcement yet.

2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Post all your Regional hockey talk here. Let's not just complain about the format but talk about the games and great action.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

UMass scores and the fan goes wild!

Comment

Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      UMass scores and the fan goes wild!
      I'm at work, so I'm guessing you are implying the attendance is ... umm ... unimpressive?
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

UMass has a decent attendance but I expected more. Harvard has the band that showed up after puck drop and that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          I'm at work, so I'm guessing you are implying the attendance is ... umm ... unimpressive?
          At first I saw all the red and assumed lots of fans from Harvard and UMass were there for the game...turns out they were empty seats.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            At first I saw all the red and assumed lots of fans from Harvard and UMass were there for the game...turns out they were empty seats.
            And was was mention back in 2015, a mid-afternoon game in Manchester is a sure why to decrease attendance.

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

I will say the parking for Manchester is brutal

Comment

Not the best game from Adam Fox

Comment

2-0 UMass. Not a pretty goal but it still counts.

Comment

That was prettier. 3-0.

Comment

This looks like the old EZAC type performance from H

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        They need to pass more on the power play.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          So I guess you haven't nothing better to do than act like a tool because your team isn't in the tournament?

Comment

The best part of regionals is the Cinderella stories. AIC currently leads St. Cloud 1-0 early.
                            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2010 Frozen Four participant
                            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Clarkson playing a great game, very similar to last week's Lake Placid games. I'm rooting hard for them to come out of that regional.

Harvard was OK until the wheels came off in the third. They were obviously overmatched, but they stayed in it long enough that some puck luck could have given them a shot. Alas, that didn't happen in the end, but that was in no way a bad performance.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                              X