No announcement yet.

2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Denver does the unthinkable and beats AIC

Comment

• Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      The issue for many is that PC is not the host.

They don't put up the effort, money, or people. Bron is the host.

However PC just sits back and benefits.
      As does the NCAA.

Denver will apparently be advancing to the Frozen Four as well.

MSUM should be blaming North Dakota. If they'd qualified the NCAA would have been forced to ship both SCSU and UMD east which would have put the Mavericks in Fargo by default. So it's really their fault.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        If I’m not mistaken, the two fans in the Yellowjacket costumes are our own Dirty and another poster from here whose name escapes me. Maybe someone else can confirm.
        Bee-lieve it!
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          MSUM should be blaming North Dakota. If they'd qualified the NCAA would have been forced to ship both SCSU and UMD east which would have put the Mavericks in Fargo by default. So it's really their fault.
          We'd discussed this before, but had North Dakota qualified, it would have been most likely as a #3 seed. It wouldn't have affected SCSU/UMD/Mankato.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Mankato shoulda lost a few more games then. Drop to a two.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              We'd discussed this before, but had North Dakota qualified, it would have been most likely as a #3 seed. It wouldn't have affected SCSU/UMD/Mankato.
              Theoretically they could have qualified as a 4. Of course they didn't qualify at all, so it's a moot point.

Comment

Theoretically they could have qualified as a 4. Of course they didn't qualify at all, so it's a moot point.
                Sure, theoretically almost anything could have happened. That is why I said they most likely would have been a #3 seed. Not sure why you said that Mankato should be blaming UND. UND qualifying would almost certainly not have affected Mankato's lot in life. SCSU would have still been the #1 seed in Fargo.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  Not sure why you said that Mankato should be blaming UND. UND qualifying would almost certainly not have affected Mankato's lot in life. SCSU would have still been the #1 seed in Fargo.
                  Because I'm a sarcastic SOB. I'm amazed more people on this thread haven't realized this by now.

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  Mankato shoulda lost a few more games then. Drop to a two.
                  Right. That would work too. Lose to UND and in the WCHA Championship. That would have knocked them down to 5 overall. Then Clarkson would have had to play Providence!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    No idea what Ohio State's hockey following is but I am still surprised they didn't just swap Ohio State and Arizona State.
                    Ohio State at regionals will have local alumni, parents, and a few die hard faithful and if you throw in the pep band lets just make it an even 100.

Comment

For years I argued that games at the X were home games for the Gophers but was told repeatedly that they weren't. So neither is this.

Don't like it? Bid to host.
                      No you weren't. You were told the size of the ice sheet was different - no one would argue the crowd wasn't likely to be decidedly in their favor. Although that wasn't always the case either depending upon the opponent.

Can you put the smug pill back in its bottle for a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                        I sat in nose bleeds to watch Maine lose in OT to Minnesota. I have no ounce of empathy with that game being a neutral site. You give you take... Minny fans are the last set of fans that should *****. Period.
                        "Minny" fans are not Mankato fans. Two different schools buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Buddy... I am not your buddy. Even tippy canoes knows this much.

So go screw and enjoy it... “buddy”.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            The issue for many is that PC is not the host.

They don't put up the effort, money, or people. Bron is the host.

However PC just sits back and benefits.
                            Brown did NOT bid in 2021 so this whole thing is moot
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                              Buddy... I am not your buddy. Even tippy canoes knows this much.

So go screw and enjoy it... “buddy”.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MLIS1HCETQ

Comment

• The West brought their toys....

https://youtu.be/GuuUX-4_K-A

Comment

Working...
                                X