No announcement yet.

2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    He's still chafed from the days when MN hosted Regionals in the Mariucci, as did MI at Yost.

(Me, too.)
    While I can understand that frustration at the previously extremely unfair format, it doesn't excuse taking an intellectually dishonest and downright hypocritical position.

Comment

• Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      I sat in nose bleeds to watch Maine lose in OT to Minnesota. I have no ounce of empathy with that game being a neutral site. You give you take... Minny fans are the last set of fans that should *****. Period.
      I'll repeat:
      Minnesota playing games at the X was an advantage for the Gophers, and people who argued it wasn't were obviously just as wrong as those who said the only reason MN won games there is because of said advantage.

And if you can't see the difference between a team like Minnesota advancing to the Frozen Four in St. Paul (or BU advancing to it in Boston), and a #4 Providence being placed in a regional in Providence (or a hypothetical #4 UND placed in a regional in Fargo or a hypothetical #4 MN placed in a regional in St. Paul)........

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
        So I guess you haven't nothing better to do than act like a tool because your team isn't in the tournament?
        Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Attendance in Providence: 7180
        Attendance in Fargo: 4220 (Friday)
        Attendance in Manchester: 5033 (Friday)
        These numbers are good enough for the current format to stay as is. Unless coaches change their tune. Not sure what Allentown number will be but at least on TV it looked like BG had a pretty good crowd there. No idea what Ohio State's hockey following is but I am still surprised they didn't just swap Ohio State and Arizona State.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Kick AIC into Hockey Rast!!!
        This is actually not so far fetched now. Don't they play in a decent building? If their coach sticks around you could certainly see Hockey East explore them as an option. Now rooting for the all western Mass semifinal. Seriously, UMass and AIC meeting in the FF...that would truly be incredible given just how bad both programs have been.

Comment

If I’m not mistaken, the two fans in the Yellowjacket costumes are our own Dirty and another poster from here whose name escapes me. Maybe someone else can confirm.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
            Wow, despite all the bad-faith arguments and BS that you have posted about this, there is an actual earnest sentiment mixed in.
            In nearly 30 years of involvement with college hockey I have never once accused the NCAA of having integrity. If it was really about fairness and not about money then the NCAA wouldn't extort $150,000 PLUS 80% of any revenue from the host of each regional. It wouldn't put Providence in Providence just as it wouldn't put North Dakota in Fargo or Michigan at Yost. Or Minnesota at the X. Local schools, host or not, wouldn't get any advantage when it came to placement at regionals. It would be done by seeding. The Manchester and Providence brackets would have been reversed (edit: because UMass is closer to Providence than Manchester, not because of "fairness") However, that isn't what drives the NCAA. Putting Providence in Providence led to the highest attendance in the tournament, and will likely generate more revenue than the other regionals combined. That is what drives the NCAA. Or NC$$ if you prefer.
            Last edited by ticapnews; 03-30-2019, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              These numbers are good enough for the current format to stay as is. Unless coaches change their tune. Not sure what Allentown number will be but at least on TV it looked like BG had a pretty good crowd there. No idea what Ohio State's hockey following is but I am still surprised they didn't just swap Ohio State and Arizona State.
              Manchester was 5679 for Saturday. Still waiting for the attendance in Allentown and Fargo.

Comment

Quinnipiac is playing to the Benny Hill theme right now

Comment

Denver takes the 1-0 lead. Nice shot.

Comment

ASU is horribly undisciplined but pullin for them now. They had been putting on a lot of pressure. DU and AI still tied i think
                    I wanna go fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                      I'll repeat:
                      Minnesota playing games at the X was an advantage for the Gophers, and people who argued it wasn't were obviously just as wrong as those who said the only reason MN won games there is because of said advantage.

And if you can't see the difference between a team like Minnesota advancing to the Frozen Four in St. Paul (or BU advancing to it in Boston), and a #4 Providence being placed in a regional in Providence (or a hypothetical #4 UND placed in a regional in Fargo or a hypothetical #4 MN placed in a regional in St. Paul)........
                      Repeat it all you want. Usually when someone end a conversation with ... they have more to say. Say it.

Comment

ASU takes a major penalty. Will wonders ever cease?
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Can ESPN show something else but an interview with Chris Peters
                          This is the 4th time today they have shown the same interview between periods

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                            They show it every intermission. Of every game. We'll see it at least four more times tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                              They'd be better off just running ads the entire intermission. It was a good time to see the hopes game go to OT on a crazy ending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                                Wow, despite all the bad-faith arguments and BS that you have posted about this, there is an actual earnest sentiment mixed in.

Congratulations, all you have succeeded to do with post is to show that:
                                A. You are totally OK with schools being able to purchase a location advantage.
                                B. You are as big of a hypocrite as can be on this subject.

The issue for many is that PC is not the host.

They don't put up the effort, money, or people. Bron is the host.

However PC just sits back and benefits.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X