National Championship - Norwich v Stevens Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Championship - Norwich v Stevens Point

Willett be the Pointers or will the Cadets try for the upset?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: National Championship - Norwich v Stevens Point

UWSP with a chance to be arguably the best DIII team in history. Norwich as the underdog with a chance to spoil the party. Should be fun.
    Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
      UWSP with a chance to be arguably the best DIII team in history. Norwich as the underdog with a chance to spoil the party. Should be fun.
      Underdogs today, underdogs tomorrow. UWSP the no doubt favorite. But undefeated going into the final, in your own barn brings some pressure. Cadets with nothing to lose, and bringing the talent to compete with anyone. Should definitely be fun.

Comment

Or be in an exclusive club with RIT

Comment

Watching yesterday's second semi, I thought that UWSP looked good, but not unbeatable. This Cadet team has a shot at it for sure.
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            Watching yesterday's second semi, I thought that UWSP looked good, but not unbeatable. This Cadet team has a shot at it for sure.
            I agree

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
              I agree
              I agree as well, but I will repeat what I said before the Genny game - Cadets need to score the first goal and probably the second to impose their will on Point...if they fall behind, it will be exponentially tougher. Having said that, I really like their chances. Should be a great one.
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

At the beginning of the season, I said something to the effect that the Cadets seemed to be "playing up or down" based on their opponents ability. Either I was wrong or the team figured out their plan and followed it to the T. However, the team's motto could possibly be "I will try and get better", and they have done that for what... 19 games unbeaten? This team and the coaches have trust, have faith, have commitment, have friendship and finally, the drive to play up against Steven's Point. The Pointers showed frustration last night and made mistakes. They are beatable... Go for it Cadets... you deserve it!!!
                There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

I don't know who to root for, an Eastern team vs potentially the first unbeaten team in Division 3 history. It would be cool to see an unbeaten National Champion
                  http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                    I don't know who to root for, an Eastern team vs potentially the first unbeaten team in Division 3 history. It would be cool to see an unbeaten National Champion
                    Coincidentally in the city where it took place, the two teams involved in that game, Cornell and Clarkson are playing for the ECAC title.

We're winning 2-1.

Don't forget the Minnesota women 41-0-0.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Gotta be happy with that first period as a Norwich fan. Boys doing a good job of blocking shooting lanes like they did yesterday.
                      Norwich '13

Comment

Cadets getting outshot, but holding the line so far.
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Pointers definitely carried the play that period. But, if you're Norwich, it's 0-0 going into the third. Style points don't mean anything at this point.
                          Norwich '13

Comment

Pointers definitely carried the play that period. But, if you're Norwich, it's 0-0 going into the third. Style points don't mean anything at this point.
                            Livestats died.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I can't attempt to type anything with out a goal being scored. Wow. Nothing for about 45 miutes, then bam bam bam 3. 2-1 Point

Comment

Working...
                              X