PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

John J. MacInnes
05-13-2019, 09:05 AM
Also revealed that Tommy Parrottino had an off-season injury playing basketball, apparently a fracture in his knee.

Lost_Husky
05-13-2019, 11:19 AM
Confirmed that Gavin Gould, Thomas Beretta, and Andrew Bellant will not return to the roster. According to Joe Shawhan, none of the players were cut - the decision came from the players to leave.

Wow! I am surprised about Beretta. With a large freshman class one can expect one of them to transfer/leave. Sounds like Joe is really happy with who is returning and who is coming in.

It is nice to see us pushing for/playing some home NC home games and non-B1G/NCHC teams.

rustedblades
05-13-2019, 03:06 PM
Sounds like Cooper Watson is still a Husky! I love his tough nosed play. I hope he can find his game and become a permanent fixture in the line up. Sounds like Coach Shawhan is excited and very positive about the future. Disappointed to see Gould and Beretta go but if it was their decision I hold nothing against the coach. The season can't start soon enough!

Go Huskies!

The Troll mtu86
05-13-2019, 04:31 PM
Sounds like Cooper Watson is still a Husky! I love his tough nosed play. I hope he can find his game and become a permanent fixture in the line up. Sounds like Coach Shawhan is excited and very positive about the future. Disappointed to see Gould and Beretta go but if it was their decision I hold nothing against the coach. The season can't start soon enough!

Go Huskies!

Agree, nice to see Coop staying. Future looks bright, bring on October!

FadeToBlack&Gold
05-13-2019, 06:32 PM
Of course Joe is going to say it was ultimately their decision, and that I don't doubt. However he obviously had a substantial role in the departures, whether it was playing time, disagreement over plays/systems, or whatever. Let's not pretend the decision wasn't effectively mutual.

Lost_Husky
05-14-2019, 08:59 AM
Of course Joe is going to say it was ultimately their decision, and that I don't doubt. However he obviously had a substantial role in the departures, whether it was playing time, disagreement over plays/systems, or whatever. Let's not pretend the decision wasn't effectively mutual.

Are you saying the players are more important than the coaches and the playing style/culture should bend to the will of the few players who aren't buying in?

rustedblades
05-14-2019, 06:08 PM
Are you saying the players are more important than the coaches and the playing style/culture should bend to the will of the few players who aren't buying in?

I didn't get this from Fade's comment. He is right in the sense that the coach put the players in a situation that they no longer feel good about their situation. I don't think he was saying the coach should change anything just noting that the coaches actions obviously played a big role in said players decisions to leave.

giwan
05-14-2019, 06:23 PM
I didn't get this from Fade's comment. He is right in the sense that the coach put the players in a situation that they no longer feel good about their situation. I don't think he was saying the coach should change anything just noting that the coaches actions obviously played a big role in said players decisions to leave.

I see your point but you are missing one part to this comment. The players seem to have made a choice well before the coach made comments, and then the players made their decision. If all that's been said is true then players put the coach in a situation he did not feel good about. Are you playing the coaches way or are you playing in your own interests?

FadeToBlack&Gold
05-14-2019, 06:45 PM

This is exactly the point of my post.

I see your point but you are missing one part to this comment. The players seem to have made a choice well before the coach made comments, and then the players made their decision. If all that's been said is true then players put the coach in a situation he did not feel good about. Are you playing the coaches way or are you playing in your own interests?

Maybe, but I never said the players involved made their decision before Joe made his. In fact, with playing time being a factor, I'd think it's quite the opposite.

huskyfan
05-16-2019, 04:06 PM
2019-2020 Schedule is out
https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/sports/mice/2019-20/schedule

good looking schedule!!

redwing61
05-17-2019, 01:31 PM
Two Calumet forwards, Brent Loukus and Sam Erkkila, have signed with Grande Prairie (AJHL). Taking the Alex Nordstrom path to Tech, perhaps.

Shirtless Guy
05-17-2019, 03:45 PM
Sub

Huskiefan906
05-19-2019, 09:39 AM
Any arguments with Tech's potential forwards vying for the top 6 forward group this year?

Smith C1
Halonen C2
Broetzman LW1
Parrottino LW2 if back from injury
Bliss RW1
L. Pietila or Saretsky RW2

Reitmeier and Misiak will challenge, but see them on the third line with Reitmeier needed at Center.

FadeToBlack&Gold
05-19-2019, 03:19 PM
Halonen for 1C. Smith struggled last year and should have to earn his Top 6 spot back.

Lost_Husky
05-22-2019, 08:30 AM
Brice is the new captain, with Smith and Donohue being the alternate captains.

https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/sports/mice/2019-20/releases/20190521f9w2kk

giwan
05-22-2019, 10:47 AM
Brice is the new captain, with Smith and Donohue being the alternate captains.

Speculation or fact?

Shirtless Guy
05-22-2019, 10:58 AM
fact, its been released by the team

Scrum Bucket
05-28-2019, 07:14 PM
//https://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/minor-league/former-cedar-rapids-roughrider-mitch-reinke-and-his-st-louis-blues-ready-for-stanley-cup-finals-20190526 (www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/minor-league/former-cedar-rapids-roughrider-mitch-reinke-and-his-st-louis-blues-ready-for-stanley-cup-finals-20190526)

Not to root for anyone to get hurt or anything, but it would be cool to see Reinke get a shot at playing in the Cup Finals....

John J. MacInnes
05-31-2019, 08:01 AM
Joe Shawhan will be back on Mix93 WKMJ for another offseason update on Monday June 3 at 8:30am.

John J. MacInnes
06-03-2019, 08:35 AM
Joe Shawhan (and Tanner Kero) now on Mix93 WKMJ. Listen live at pasty.net or themix93.com or wait for michigantechhuskies.com to post the audio files later today.