PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

giwan
09-27-2019, 12:31 PM
I think the biggest reason everything has been so quiet is that the 7 that are leaving don't really know how its going to play out. MSUM still wants in NCHC, I think there is a lot of negotiating going on about a reshuffle that goes beyond those 7 schools. Miami and WMU might not be happy with their current travel costs. What might happen is exactly what you'd expect to happen but who knows.

You have to realize this is not a coach question. AD yes some extent but also its the Presidents who made the decision with the AD recommendations. Does anyone know if say a 3rd party did some fact-checking gather etc?

FadeToBlack&Gold
09-27-2019, 03:59 PM
It's also not really any of our business at this point, until the parties involved have firmer details to share.

Biddco
09-29-2019, 10:07 AM
Saw the new sweater. Let's just say Biddco got it right with one of the two he mentioned. It's crisp and clean and gorgeous, you're going to really like it.

I got it! Also I do love the jersey. Man tech has such an awesome set of jerseys.

redwing61
09-29-2019, 10:36 AM
I got it! Also I do love the jersey. Man tech has such an awesome set of jerseys.

White helmets, too. When was the last time they used two different helmets in a season?

davyd83
09-29-2019, 10:58 AM
1. This is why I think they'll stay at seven teams, and that's what I've always thought (but haven't stated).

2. Who's going to any of the Mag7mm schools for a roadie? Are you going to work up an interlock with the non-Ivy ECAC teams? (chortle)

GFM

Boston U & Notre Dame are coming to NMU next year. St Cloud & Michigan St will come this year.

John J. MacInnes
09-29-2019, 11:57 AM
Quick reminder about the first Joe Shawhan Hour of the season tomorrow. It will air at 10am, not its usual 9am slot on Mix93 WKMJ.

JohnsonsJerseys
09-29-2019, 01:04 PM
Anyone else heading to Pittsburgh for the RMU series next weekend?

Biddco
09-29-2019, 06:32 PM
White helmets, too. When was the last time they used two different helmets in a season?

Oh yeah. When did they wear white helmets?

walktheline
10-01-2019, 12:09 PM
For a preseason JSH, I was delighted with the content. Coach hit on the fact that new kids on the block are fitting the teams' needs as the blue line is bigger and stronger. Also noted was the three headed goalie monster MTU is fortunate (unless you think otherwise) to have in 2019-20. Joe was asked if Blake would Red Shirt and the idea was squashed immediately. Raymond Brice getting the big C was an interesting conversation with the words leadership and culture coming up several times. Coach seemed humble going into Pittsburgh to start the year saying Robert Morris has many returning strong upperclassmen. Hopefully we can get a few early W's (games are Sat/Sun). Youth hockey in da U.P. was highlighted too. Good show Dirk and Joe!

John J. MacInnes
10-01-2019, 12:58 PM
Oh yeah. When did they wear white helmets?

Most recently at the tail end of the dastardly Piano Dog sweater and spilling over into the dazzle fabric script jerseys. That would be right around the start of the Jamie Russell era.

https://images.app.goo.gl/UxhxAnxx6LEgXX1M7

Shirtless Guy
10-01-2019, 01:26 PM
I'd appreciate it if people would take the time to read this and share it around more...please donate if you can too.

Huskies, Let's Talk about the difficult topic of Depression and Suicide
https://techhockeyguide.com/2019/09/30/not-so-old-dog-huskies-lets-talk/

techcodemonkey
10-01-2019, 01:54 PM
So....Gould landed at BGSU, listed on roster, but according to twitter, eligibility for upcoming season has not been determined.

Also @JohnsonsJerseys, myself and the GF will be there, getting in late Friday night, will be at alumni event Sat, both games and heading home late Sunday night, I have Monday off work so got volunteered to drive us home late that night so GF can work on Monday cause she's heading out to DC later that week for work.

manurespreader
10-01-2019, 10:21 PM
I'd appreciate it if people would take the time to read this and share it around more...please donate if you can too.

Huskies, Let's Talk about the difficult topic of Depression and Suicide
https://techhockeyguide.com/2019/09/30/not-so-old-dog-huskies-lets-talk/
It's an important subject and needs to be brought out in the open more often.

Huskiefan906
10-02-2019, 03:59 AM
Always interesting to see that lineup chart for the opener, Robert Morris picked 8th in Atlantic Hockey in the USCHO article.

Tech needing to start the season on a good note, will we see Ganie, Saretsky, and L. Pietila all in the lineup on Sat.

StevieYnot
10-02-2019, 07:17 AM
Not sure how interested Tech was...

https://mihockey.com/2019/10/recruiting-mr-hockey-winner-joey-larson-commits-to-northern-michigan/?fbclid=IwAR2ywpu3kFSIJpouIBTbhXmgE4oSrypd7zJFuUNP O0x7QL41VvHcDfGLv8g

Lost_Husky
10-02-2019, 08:40 AM
So....Gould landed at BGSU, listed on roster, but according to twitter, eligibility for upcoming season has not been determined.

Also @JohnsonsJerseys, myself and the GF will be there, getting in late Friday night, will be at alumni event Sat, both games and heading home late Sunday night, I have Monday off work so got volunteered to drive us home late that night so GF can work on Monday cause she's heading out to DC later that week for work.

How can he be eligible this season? The "normal" NCAA get out of transfer year penalty don't apply to Gould. If he has to burn a year of eligibility because he transferred, he would have used up his 4 years.

Any idea what the line-up is going to look like? We need these wins. It would get the season off to a great start.

BGFan
10-02-2019, 03:27 PM
How can he be eligible this season? The "normal" NCAA get out of transfer year penalty don't apply to Gould. If he has to burn a year of eligibility because he transferred, he would have used up his 4 years.

Any idea what the line-up is going to look like? We need these wins. It would get the season off to a great start.

He is trying to gain eligibility via the portal system however your coach is fighting it. If he has to sit a year then so be it. After talking to him he seems to be content with whatever the outcome is.

Shirtless Guy
10-02-2019, 04:12 PM
He is trying to gain eligibility via the portal system however your coach is fighting it. If he has to sit a year then so be it. After talking to him he seems to be content with whatever the outcome is.

via the portal system? I don't really understand this. Gould isn't a graduate so Grad Transfer doesn't work. Every other player that has transferred even with release has had to sit out a year? I have heard zero evidence that MTU has any interest in preventing Gould from doing anything...

gfmorris
10-02-2019, 04:44 PM
It's an important subject and needs to be brought out in the open more often.

Concur. I'm nine years removed from a three-day voluntary psychiatric commitment. Bipolar disorder can be hell.

GFM

The Troll mtu86
10-02-2019, 07:20 PM
Not sure how interested Tech was...

https://mihockey.com/2019/10/recruiting-mr-hockey-winner-joey-larson-commits-to-northern-michigan/?fbclid=IwAR2ywpu3kFSIJpouIBTbhXmgE4oSrypd7zJFuUNP O0x7QL41VvHcDfGLv8g

too bad, I was hoping Tech had a shot at getting him. But with his mom being an NMU alum I can see why.

On another note, the last I heard Tim Erkkila (was in the running for Michigan Mr. Hockey)now has his sights set on NMU as well. Be a shame to lose out on both of them.