Goodbye Enrico!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye Enrico!

CHN reporting Enrico is done at Miami. Guess their golden child has become a bit tarnished.

Re: Goodbye Enrico!

Chris Bergeron to Miami (opinion)

Comment

That doesn't really surprise me. He canned all of his assistants last off season to save his own hind end and I'm sure one of the conditions was to have a better season this time around. I don't see it getting a whole lot better right away given the competition in the NCHC every year. Miami is just going to have to realize that the NCHC is not the old CCHA that had some terrible teams every year.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Chris Bergeron to Miami (opinion)
        Do you really think he'd give up the hustle & bustle and nightlife of Bowling Green for Oxford?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          Do you really think he'd give up the hustle & bustle and nightlife of Bowling Green for Oxford?
          I'm sure they will make a run at him. But what happens if the new coach, whoever he is, continues the same win/loss %.?
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Welp.

Comment

I'll bet Ohio State's Carson Meyer is smiling ear to ear right now.
              He transferred to Ohio State from Miami this season after "issues" with Enrico. He and his family don't like to talk about their experience there.

Comment

I'll bet Ohio State's Carson Meyer is smiling ear to ear right now.
                He transferred to Ohio State from Miami this season after "issues" with Enrico. He and his family don't like to talk about their experience there.
                Well, we can fault Blasi for a lot of things, but "excellent working knowledge of giant intestinal parasites" is probably not something you'd expect a coach to have.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                  Well, we can fault Blasi for a lot of things, but "excellent working knowledge of giant intestinal parasites" is probably not something you'd expect a coach to have.
                  Perhaps, but when you keep telling your coach something's wrong and they keep accusing you of goldbricking and being lazy something has to give!

Comment

... with four years left on his contract as well!!
                    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                      ... with four years left on his contract as well!!
                      That could put a ding in how much they'll have left to pay the next coach!

Comment

Also I don't know if the storyline of how he fell "short" of expectations was meant as a short joke pun but I get a chuckle thinking of it as such.

Comment

That could put a ding in how much they'll have left to pay the next coach!
                          Boy, you are giddy! LOL...

You are right about Meyer. That was a bad look and poor handling of the situation - I would not be surprised if that played a roll in this decision, and not just because having Meyer on this year's team would have really helped...

Hope they can make a hire soon, and the new hire can keep some of the younger recruits with upside. Mannino has done a nice job in his short time here re-stocking the pipeline. With that talent at least a couple years away, now is the time to make the change if this is the AD's decision...

I wouldn't worry about the salary for the next coach. Despite his faults, one thing Sayler can certainly do is raise money - Im sure he's thought a while about how to make this work. The job should attract some strong names...

---

The names that jump to my mind are (in no particular order and without yet any insight into Miami's thought process)..

Chris Bergeron (BGSU)
                          Dave Hakstol (Unemployed)
                          Casey Jones (Clarkson)
                          Rick Bennett (Union)
                          Fred Harbinson (Penticton, BCHL)
                          Grant Potulny (NMU)
                          Last edited by Dan; 03-19-2019, 02:03 PM.
                          Live Free or Die!!
                          Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Chris Bergeron (BGSU)
                            Dave Hakstol (Unemployed)
                            Casey Jones (Clarkson)
                            Rick Bennett (Union)
                            Fred Harbinson (Penticton, BCHL)
                            Grant Potulny (NMU)
                            I personally know Casey Jones from his years at Ohio State and he is a great guy!
                            All the players loved him and if they had a problem they felt more comfortable bringing it to Casey rather than Markel.

Comment

I personally know Casey Jones from his years at Ohio State and he is a great guy!
                              All the players loved him and if they had a problem they felt more comfortable bringing it to Casey rather than Markel.
                              I don't see Bergeron leaving Bowling Green. There has been continued bitterness with how Miami abandoned BG so easily during the league changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X