PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

joecct
03-18-2019, 09:47 AM
I will try to down the Genny. Willett be a memorable experience?

West Texas Wolverine
03-18-2019, 12:26 PM
I will try to down the Genny. Willett be a memorable experience?

Puns that bad are actually against USCHO's good conduct rules! But at least you didn't mix any metaphors.

Has anyone heard about tickets yet? I left a voicemail at UW-SP ticket office about five hours ago, hoping to represent Norwich in the stands this Friday. No callback, which can only mean that they don't want hordes of Vermonsters coming to town! I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines.

pete99race
03-18-2019, 01:17 PM
Has anyone heard about tickets yet? I left a voicemail at UW-SP ticket office about five hours ago, hoping to represent Norwich in the stands this Friday. No callback, which can only mean that they don't want hordes of Vermonsters coming to town! I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines.
I called and emailed earlier today...no response yet...

pete99race
03-18-2019, 01:38 PM
Ticket ordering info:

https://athletics.uwsp.edu/news/2019/3/18/mens-hockey-ncaa-frozen-four-ticket-information-announced.aspx

PrezdeJohnson09
03-18-2019, 02:08 PM
More Norwich-oriented ticket information announcement:

https://www.norwichathletics.com/sports/mice/2018-19/releases/20190318jwowc5

snc1
03-18-2019, 04:45 PM
Ticket ordering info:

https://athletics.uwsp.edu/news/2019/3/18/mens-hockey-ncaa-frozen-four-ticket-information-announced.aspx

Geneseo and Norwich fans are better off staying home and watching the game online than getting tickets in section I-N. I havent been to a rink with worse sightlines than those sections in that place.

West Texas Wolverine
03-19-2019, 06:39 AM
Geneseo and Norwich fans are better off staying home and watching the game online than getting tickets in section I-N. I havent been to a rink with worse sightlines than those sections in that place.

Where can I find a seating map of the arena? UWSP website search yesterday was fruitless, couldn't locate one on the Willett Arena page, either.

West Texas Wolverine
03-19-2019, 06:46 AM
Where can I find a seating map of the arena? UWSP website search yesterday was fruitless, couldn't locate one on the Willett Arena page, either.

Found it. (https://athletics.uwsp.edu/sports/2019/3/18/2019-ncaa-frozen-four-hosted-by-uw-stevens-point.aspx?id=417)

Disregard: I still can't find a seating map there!

jerrynu26
03-19-2019, 07:43 AM
I've watched a game from those sections also, and unless the action is right in front of you, it would be difficult to see down the ice due to the benches and press box area blocking the view. The same situation occurs on the other side of the benches as well, where the sections are reserved for another team's fans.

ColdInRomney
03-19-2019, 01:01 PM
Great views from all 3000 seats at the Marano Campus Center! :D ;)

NUProf
03-19-2019, 02:16 PM
Great views from all 3000 seats at the Marano Campus Center! :D ;)

And from all the seats and standing room areas at Krietzberg, too.

PrezdeJohnson09
03-19-2019, 03:26 PM
In case anyone wanted to read the USA Today preview for Norwich-Geneseo:

https://www.norwichathletics.com/sports/mice/2018-19/releases/20190319ogc8ro

Fishman'81
03-19-2019, 06:44 PM
In case anyone wanted to read the USA Today preview for Norwich-Geneseo:

https://www.norwichathletics.com/sports/mice/2018-19/releases/20190319ogc8ro

Good stuff, thanks.

Looking at the goal-differential data, and considering the siting, and having seen Genny myself, I'd say that the Knights have to be the odds-on favorite...But who knows?

Should be an epic clash, and may the better team win.

KnightsOfTheRound
03-19-2019, 06:54 PM
Looking at the goal-differential data, and considering the siting, and having seen Genny myself, I'd say that the Knights have to be the odds-on favorite...But who knows?

Would be interesting to see both teamsí second halves compared, since Geneseo was strong wire to wire but Norwich seems to have turned it on in the second half. My guess is it would be a lot closer.

Fishman'81
03-19-2019, 07:11 PM
Would be interesting to see both teamsí second halves compared, since Geneseo was strong wire to wire but Norwich seems to have turned it on in the second half. My guess is it would be a lot closer.

Both teams were great down the stretch, so I'd consider that stat a wash.

We don't have a dog in this hunt, but I'm predicting a balls-out, end-to-end game between two highly-skilled teams.

And we'd be there if we could. The Ira is a great place to see a hockey game.

jerrynu26
03-19-2019, 08:20 PM
Both teams were great down the stretch, so I'd consider that stat a wash.

We don't have a dog in this hunt, but I'm predicting a balls-out, end-to-end game between two highly-skilled teams.

And we'd be there if we could. The Ira is a great place to see a hockey game.

The Ira??

Fishman'81
03-19-2019, 10:04 PM
The Ira??

Right, my mistake; I forgot about the new rules.

I have to wonder if this is the way forward, though. I doubt that anyone will attend that game, aside from a couple dozen friends/family folks.

OSU2010
03-19-2019, 11:54 PM
I'm predicting Geneseo wins it 5-2

bakdraft21
03-20-2019, 08:31 AM
I'm predicting Geneseo wins it 5-2 It would be advisable to stay out of the box vs Genny they KILLED the Lakers on the PP all year,would advise a aggressive PK when genny goes man up and make sure Romano doesn't kill ya ..

NU Pastime
03-20-2019, 08:54 AM
It would be advisable to stay out of the box vs Genny they KILLED the Lakers on the PP all year,would advise a aggressive PK when genny goes man up and make sure Romano doesn't kill ya ..

Norwich is the least penalized team in the nation, which sounds like a stat of particular importance then.