Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Who is in position to have a better team next year between those three schools?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Who is in position to have a better team next year between those three schools?
      Tough to say given that PC is still playing and we don't know if they'll have any early signees in the offseason. That said, based on the roster alone it'd probably be PC, BU, NU in that order though without an enormous gap between the three. On top of that, Lackey played under Paul Pearl for three seasons at Harvard and BU's goalie coach was the goalie coach at Harvard for Lackey's freshman year. With a grad transfer, there are more variables in play when predicting a landing spot than an incoming freshman.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Couple of points re Lackey
        For the season his GAA was 2.34 with a .918 save percentage. Both he and Harvard got off to a rocky start this season, not winning until its 5th game. Lackey gave up 14 goals in his first three starts (0-1-2). Over his next 21 starts—until his knee injury on Feb. 16—his GAA was about 1.85 and he gave more than two goals only five times. In his first game back, he gave up 3 goals in 33 minutes to Clarkson. Then another 3 in the NCAA regional against UMass. Whoever gets him will have a high-end goalie.

The quality of the MBA program is likely to be extremely important in his decision along with the overall roster quality previously mentioned. Questrom stacks up pretty well in a number of rankings. USNWR has BU at #50, NU at #58 and PC unranked.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
          The quality of the MBA program is likely to be extremely important in his decision along with the overall roster quality previously mentioned. Questrom stacks up pretty well in a number of rankings. USNWR has BU at #50, NU at #58 and PC unranked.
          Lackey majored in Economics at Harvard according to Harvard Hockey’s website, just to add some context. Not that his undergraduate major makes him any more or less predisposed to choose an MBA program like Questrom’s

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
            And we even had pencils, washing machines and hair dryers too!
            Considering its 28(!) years ago, I'm surprised video exists.

When I started at Clarkson, slide rules were de rigueur. When I graduated 4 years later, they were relics.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by SMW_Bu21 View Post
              Lackey majored in Economics at Harvard according to Harvard Hockey’s website, just to add some context. Not that his undergraduate major makes him any more or less predisposed to choose an MBA program like Questrom’s
              Financial aid is also an issue?-- Melanson came and paid for the graduate year
              Not sure about Willman this year but the return was not good

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                Couple of points re Lackey
                For the season his GAA was 2.34 with a .918 save percentage. Both he and Harvard got off to a rocky start this season, not winning until its 5th game. Lackey gave up 14 goals in his first three starts (0-1-2). Over his next 21 starts—until his knee injury on Feb. 16—his GAA was about 1.85 and he gave more than two goals only five times. In his first game back, he gave up 3 goals in 33 minutes to Clarkson. Then another 3 in the NCAA regional against UMass. Whoever gets him will have a high-end goalie.

I wonder if Harvard would have been his first choice but for some reason is not an option?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  I wonder if Harvard would have been his first choice but for some reason is not an option?
                  Harvard isn't an option because Ivy League doesn't allow kids to use a medical redshirt to play during their 5th year of college if they missed a season in one of the first 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Not allowed at Harvard so not an option

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      When I started at Clarkson, slide rules were de rigueur.
                      Yes...Pickett in "sight-saver" yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        There's video??
                        I have many grainy VHS tapes from years gone by...
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          I have many grainy VHS tapes from years gone by...
                          Me too, starting with the ‘85-‘86 season. However, as videotape was expensive, I only saved wins and a few ties.

Sean
                          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

https://twitter.com/markdivver/statu...005350400?s=21

Lackey to PC

Comment

Despite Lackey's connections with current coaches at BU, this does not surprise me. With PC being in the FF, they are the "hot" team so to speak. He probably looks at it thinking PC will have the best returning team next year of the schools he considered. Not sure if that is true or not but that's probably what he is thinking. PC could end up losing a few players early after their season ends.

Comment

To anybody with inside information...does this raise a red flag?

Comment

Working...
                                X