thirdtime's . . .
03-12-2019, 01:40 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/12/us/college-admissions-cheating-scandal.html

Xcfire
03-12-2019, 04:06 PM
I wonder if anyone here will see the effect of this

Still Eeyore
03-12-2019, 06:15 PM
Of course the universities are upset. They expect to be the ones collecting bribes, generally much larger bribes, to jump kids to the front of the admissions line.

ZedLeppelin
03-12-2019, 07:33 PM
They've probably been buying their kid's way through life from the day they were born. Why would college be any different?

Russell Jaslow
03-13-2019, 06:57 AM
They've probably been buying their kid's way through life from the day they were born. Why would college be any different?

This.

Milty
03-13-2019, 04:53 PM
Wasn't the NCAA clearinghouse put in place to prevent this type of thing from occurring?? When my kids played (before the clearinghouse was in use) there was a tremendous amount of cheating going on. The whole idea was to create this clearinghouse to circumvent those that want to cheat. I guess they will always find a way.

joecct
03-13-2019, 05:54 PM
Wasn't the NCAA clearinghouse put in place to prevent this type of thing from occurring?? When my kids played (before the clearinghouse was in use) there was a tremendous amount of cheating going on. The whole idea was to create this clearinghouse to circumvent those that want to cheat. I guess they will always find a way.

Grades, maybe. But saying Buffy was on the tennis team while she was influencing on YouTube is something different.

Russell Jaslow
03-13-2019, 06:59 PM
Grades, maybe. But saying Buffy was on the tennis team while she was influencing on YouTube is something different.

Exactly. The clearinghouse is just for grades. If a school wants to put a non athlete on their team, the NCAA doesn’t give a hoot.

MAHOCKEY FAN
04-20-2019, 04:57 PM
Heard today that 24 Nobles students were accepted at Early Admittance at Harvard. I know 3 are female hockey players. Wonder if any of these parents are sweating as investigations continue. I think nobles only graduates 100-110 so this is a big number.

joecct
04-20-2019, 07:38 PM
Heard today that 24 Nobles students were accepted at Early Admittance at Harvard. I know 3 are female hockey players. Wonder if any of these parents are sweating as investigations continue. I think nobles only graduates 100-110 so this is a big number.

Anyone check real estate transactions in The Globe?