• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

Will cooler heads prevail?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Will cooler heads prevail?
    I will root for the denizens of the Cooler
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Hoping for a repeat of the last time these 2 teams met in playoffs...……..

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
        I will root for the denizens of the Cooler
        I'm in a Cooler state of mind

Comment

I'm hoping for a repeat of earlier this season with one "More-on-O"
          Last edited by ColdInRomney; 03-11-2019, 03:19 PM.
          Oswego State 1980 Grad
          (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

A betting man would say Oswego by 2 goals on Saturday especially at home, similar to the outcome earlier in the season. I think the Coolerrats have learned to grind all game long over the season and will be looking for whatever scraps are on the ice to convert and Liam has looked excellent in goal lately...so Lakers beware .

Comment

Yeah, I watched the Plymouth St. game and although the Panthers looked totally outclassed in almost all facets, Hobart only eked out a 2-1 win. Hot goaltender kept PSU in the game until the end. If (if...) we can get our usual quota of goals we should be OK. But this time of year all bets are off.
              Oswego State 1980 Grad
              (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

We held them to only 14 SOG in November, I think it will come down to special teams. If we stay out of the box we should have this
                http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                  We held them to only 14 SOG in November, I think it will come down to special teams. If we stay out of the box we should have this
                  I would like to play them even up

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    I would like to play them even up
                    +1
                    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                      +1
                      Lets hope we do play even up not only due to the fact that the more skilled teams offensively seem to give us trouble on the PK,insert Genny ice knights, but it also disrupts our flow of the game,the coaches from what I see like to roll the 4 lines and ware down the enemy,Pk's tend to break up the flow...Not to sure about Hobarts PP but lets hope we are fairly aggressive and don't let their big guns,not sure who they are, beat us like,the ice knights did......

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                        Lets hope we do play even up not only due to the fact that the more skilled teams offensively seem to give us trouble on the PK,insert Genny ice knights, but it also disrupts our flow of the game,the coaches from what I see like to roll the 4 lines and ware down the enemy,Pk's tend to break up the flow...Not to sure about Hobarts PP but lets hope we are fairly aggressive and don't let their big guns,not sure who they are, beat us like,the ice knights did......
                        Lets hope the MCC is filled SRO with screaming students, townies, babies, etc to give us that most important home ice advantage, win and advance time, GO LAKERS!

Comment

Teams are very close to each other in scoring average at just under 4 G/GM and defense at about 2 G/GM but in special teams Oswego has #5 PP at 27% and Hobart #45 at 18% and on PK Hobart at #23 with 85% and Oswego at #31 with 83%.

Comment

Originally posted by skipperbob View Post
                            Teams are very close to each other in scoring average at just under 4 G/GM and defense at about 2 G/GM but in special teams Oswego has #5 PP at 27% and Hobart #45 at 18% and on PK Hobart at #23 with 85% and Oswego at #31 with 83%.
                            I wonder what our PK % would be taking out the Genny games

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                              I wonder what our PK % would be taking out the Genny games
                              It would be about 88%.

I will be in Arizona when this game is played but I'm hoping the boys manage to play a full 60 minutes and get real aggressive on the PK. They have their most success when they don't allow the opposition to gain the zone and set up. Once they have the zone the Lakers mostly just stand around and watch them pass it. And I would also like to see them get aggressive on the forecheck. Force the Statesmen into making mistakes and cough up the puck. They gave too many opponents too much time to do things all season. If the defense and goaltending can get back to last seasons level without the offense suffering they will be very dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                              X