UNH v UMass HE qtr Final Extraganza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNH v UMass HE qtr Final Extraganza

Thought I'd put a thread up here for the heck of it. Happy the 'Cats are in the tournament. We are still skating. UMass has had a fantastic season; we know what we are up against. Making some 'noise' here would be fun to see. Will there be a 'miracle on ice' for the Wildcats as they take on the #2 team in the nation? Will UMass' lack of recent 'post season play' cause their downfall? Can UNH stymie Mr. Makar and make Matt Murray's life miserable? Let's see what happens! Go 'Cats!!
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-10-2019, 09:44 AM.
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Re: UNH v UMass HE qtr Final Extraganza

I think it is entirely possible the boys could get their act together and pull one out, possibly an OT game. Mass has definitely not played to the same potential we have seen all year in the last 3-4 games. Mix that with a UNH squad trying their best to go out with at least a .500 record for coach Souza's first year and you never know. Go Cats!!
    GO WILDCATS! 2002 & 2003 Hockey East Reg. Season & Tourney Champions.

Comment

Nuthin' to lose so go have some fun!
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Cookin4Fun View Post
        I think it is entirely possible the boys could get their act together and pull one out, possibly an OT game. Mass has definitely not played to the same potential we have seen all year in the last 3-4 games. Mix that with a UNH squad trying their best to go out with at least a .500 record for coach Souza's first year and you never know. Go Cats!!
        Uh, not sure what games you've been watching but UMass has been playing their best hockey lately, peaking once again just like they did to finish off the first half of the season before Christmas break. If you want to hang your hat on the fact they lost their final game to UConn, in a game that didn't mean anything and a game where they played each of their three goalies one period please feel free if it will help you sleep. But I highly recommend you don't watch any of their other recent games especially not the game against Maine where the Black Bears couldn't even chip the puck out of the zone and certainly don't go back to the previous games against UNH this year, you'll be changing your sheets. And underwear.

Comment

Houston, we have liftoff!!
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Cookin4Fun View Post
            Agree and thanks for posting! I'd love to see them take it as far as they can...and, the fact that our underclassmen continue to get playoff experience is a plus. I know this group of Seniors will give it their all...go 'Cats!! Going Fri and Sat, looking forward!
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by SJGMoney View Post
              Uh, not sure what games you've been watching but UMass has been playing their best hockey lately, peaking once again just like they did to finish off the first half of the season before Christmas break. If you want to hang your hat on the fact they lost their final game to UConn, in a game that didn't mean anything and a game where they played each of their three goalies one period please feel free if it will help you sleep. But I highly recommend you don't watch any of their other recent games especially not the game against Maine where the Black Bears couldn't even chip the puck out of the zone and certainly don't go back to the previous games against UNH this year, you'll be changing your sheets. And underwear.
              Id rather not think about the Mass vs Maine game. Im still not sure if its sunk in how utterly decimated we got that game.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                Houston, we have liftoff!!
                YESSSS they will start comin' out of the woodwork!!! Who'd a thunk it????
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

UNH scored 14 goals in 9 February/March games. UMA scored 37 goals in 10 February/March games. UMA has the top 3 HEA scoring leaders. UNH has 1 player tied for 20. Goal tending is statistically sort of, kind of close, scoring defense not so much. UMA is #1 in special reams +22 net, UNH is tied for #8, net -4.

Trap series. Go ‘cats!
                  Last edited by Darius; 03-10-2019, 12:03 PM.
                  I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

er...meant to say "extravaganza" for the thread title. Snively65 is sure to notice! It's a sign I tell you!! Go 'Cats!!!
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Take it from one who knows. Don't get too cocky.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        YESSSS they will start comin' out of the woodwork!!! Who'd a thunk it????
                        Only one (one-post newbie) on the MinuteWagon so far, but we'll be watching for more to follow.
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          er...meant to say "extravaganza" for the thread title. Snively65 is sure to notice! It's a sign I tell you!! Go 'Cats!!!
                          I think that an extraganza would be if all four lower seeds return to da Gahden. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            I think that an extraganza would be if all four lower seeds return to da Gahden. :-)
                            haha agree! I was going to go with 'the two Flagships' or something to that effect. Oh well. It's just fer fun anyway...but, Go SouzaCats!!
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              Only one (one-post newbie) on the MinuteWagon so far, but we'll be watching for more to follow.
                              First time poster, long time lurker (the BU and BC threads have been god's gift to entertainment this year). Just had to step in to correct an egregious mistake, resume your cheerleading.

Comment

Working...
                              X