Nike exclusive Division I programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nike exclusive Division I programs

Alright, I’m determined to get to the bottom of this. How do the Nike exclusive schools get Nike hockey jerseys when Nike doesn’t make hockey jerseys anymore. What company is providing the jerseys and allowing a Nike logo to get slapped on it without their logo?
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Nike exclusive Division I programs

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Alright, I’m determined to get to the bottom of this. How do the Nike exclusive schools get Nike hockey jerseys when Nike doesn’t make hockey jerseys anymore. What company is providing the jerseys and allowing a Nike logo to get slapped on it without their logo?
    Available Now! Two truckloads of basketball sneakers... at a price so shockingly low you'd swear we were giving them away!!!

Comment

Using Kaepernick as their face was brilliant!! I never expected Nike to take a knee as well.
      "My greatest achievement."
      Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Subcontracting production out to another company is a remarkably common thing.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Subcontracting production out to another company is a remarkably common thing.
          I understand that. I'm curious if anyone actually knows what companies are doing this work. Like who does Providence, Michigan, Ohio State, Minnesota, Penn State etc. go to get this done. Are they going through a Gemini, CCM, Bauer, SP etc. and getting the jerseys and just getting a swoosh on them or what.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Nike's Canada division still makes hockey equipment. Wouldn't be surprised if they're imported from our northern neighbors.
            Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

I understand that. I'm curious if anyone actually knows what companies are doing this work. Like who does Providence, Michigan, Ohio State, Minnesota, Penn State etc. go to get this done. Are they going through a Gemini, CCM, Bauer, SP etc. and getting the jerseys and just getting a swoosh on them or what.
              Wouldn't it be Providence, Michigan, et al going to Nike, and then Nike going to whatever anonymous factory it is that they're using?
              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

I don't know this is still the case, but I know S&P used to do them for Nike.

Comment

After seeing OSU and Michigan's sweaters on the ice at the same time this weekend, I will say that quality is not the same. OSU had screened on numbers and crests, while Michigan had sewn on numbers. Not all the Nike jerseys are created the same...
                  Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

CCM doesn't really do jerseys anymore either.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Providence wears SP jerseys with a Nike swoosh added later. I suspect this is the case with a lot of the "Nike" schools.

Comment

As someone who has handled literally thousands of college hockey game worn jerseys over the last couple decades, I would estimate at least 50% of the college jerseys brand names are not manufactured by the company who has their name displayed on the exterior of the jersey. The exterior branding (especially at the bigger schools where the athletics department has one massive, school-wide branding contract) is almost always driven by something other than which company manufacturers hockey jerseys.

My site (www.johnsonsjerseys.net) has hundreds of examples displayed where you can see the different brands inside vs what was visible.

Some of the exterior brands I have seen over the years (just in D-I hockey) include Adidas, Nike, Reebok, SP, Under Armour, Bauer, Gemini, Sher-Wood, TPS, Easton, Warrior, Christian, New Balance, I-Tech, Hooter, K1, Saxon, Cosby, Champion, Wilson, Stall & Dean, Ripon, Mission, Medford, ProTops, OT Sports, Keybec, Koronis, Aaron's, Apex and the list goes on. And it might surprise you the teams that wore some of these "off brands."

There is a reason equipment managers stock pile black spray paint and black tape and blank fabric swatches and markers...
                        We're a CCM team but Billy wants to use a Warrior stick. Bring out the black paint.
                        We have a Reebok contract for our protective gear but Timmy wants to wear a Bauer helmet. Bring out the electrical tape.
                        We wore a Bauer breezers last year but now we're a CCM team. Bring out the black markers.

Every team has their hand out for free gear so most will sign a deal with someone for cheap or free stuff. But if you want to use something else you have to hide it. Just image how much less work the equipment guys would have if the kids could legally wear what gear they wanted to wear.

Hey, isn't that a CCM jersey? Nope, I have no idea what you're talking about...

Ryan
                        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                        Originally posted by geezer
                        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                        Originally posted by manurespreader
                        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

A classic switch-a-roo... Sometimes even Nike got bumped off the exterior by another company. I'll give you one guess what is under that Adidas patch.

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            A classic switch-a-roo... Sometimes even Nike got bumped off the exterior by another company. I'll give you one guess what is under that Adidas patch.

Thanks for the info. is it me, or is that an ugly jersey?
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                              Thanks for the info. is it me, or is that an ugly jersey?
                              It's you.

Comment

Working...
                              X