• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH v NU & UML to close out the RS

Nice 3 pt weekend ‘Cats!!
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
      And just like that, there's the tie. Now all we need is the win against NU. Should be a good one next Friday.
      And, the all-time season ties record in Hockey East! Not an easy accomplishment.

Win against Fuskies next weekend would give Cats a >0.500 regular season record.

Comment

And just like that, there's the tie. Now all we need is the win against NU. Should be a good one next Friday.
        e.cat if you pull this off I will personally name you the MVP of all posters for the 2018/19 season!!! 😉. Back to the game saw some decent work by Drew Hickey tonight. Playing without Wyse has not been easy and our 3 Freshman D men out in a solid weekend...
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          e.cat if you pull this off I will personally name you the MVP of all posters for the 2018/19 season!!! 😉. Back to the game saw some decent work by Drew Hickey tonight. Playing without Wyse has not been easy and our 3 Freshman D men out in a solid weekend...
          It won't be easy but UNH will be motivated after last weekend. NU is playing for NCAA seeding at this point.
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

It won't be easy but UNH will be motivated after last weekend. NU is playing for NCAA seeding at this point.
            NU doesn't even have home ice in the quarters locked up yet, thanks to Kevin Sneddon handing BU a free win in Burlington last weekend they can still sneak up to 4. I would argue NU has more to play for than UNH, especially if UMass instills as little fear as this thread seems to think.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
              NU doesn't even have home ice in the quarters locked up yet, thanks to Kevin Sneddon handing BU a free win in Burlington last weekend they can still sneak up to 4. I would argue NU has more to play for than UNH, especially if UMass instills as little fear as this thread seems to think.
              The machinations of what if's are beyond my attention span at this point, but BU sneaking into 4 over NU doesn't pass the eye test! It might be mathmatically possible though as you say.

There is only one UNH fan that posts here that wants to play UMASS in the tourney. No other UNH fan is looking past anyone.
              Last edited by e.cat; 03-03-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

There is only one UNH fan that posts here that wants to play UMASS in the tourney. No other UNH fan is looking past anyone.
                I don't think you're understanding me, e.cat. It's not a matter of "overlooking" anyone - UNH isn't even remotely good enough to be able to pull that little trick off.

It's simply a matter of, UMass is enjoying some wonderful RS success this season (and good for them). But there's a HUGE difference between the RS and the postseason. I'm pretty sure, if you put your mind to it, you can think of another HE program that's enjoyed a boatload of RS success in the past, but constantly struggled to "seal the deal" in the postseason. It happens. UMass as a program has no history of postseason success, and as good a job as Coach Carvel has done to get them to where they are now, he also has a history of zero postseason success over the course of his career (UMass or SLU).

If you want to wet your pants in fear of UMass in the HE Quarters, don't let me stop you.

Where you see danger and no hope, I see a (potential) opportunity to do something great.
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray
                  I don't think you're understanding me, e.cat. It's not a matter of "overlooking" anyone - UNH isn't even remotely good enough to be able to pull that little trick off.

It's simply a matter of, UMass is enjoying some wonderful RS success this season (and good for them). But there's a HUGE difference between the RS and the postseason. I'm pretty sure, if you put your mind to it, you can think of another HE program that's enjoyed a boatload of RS success in the past, but constantly struggled to "seal the deal" in the postseason. It happens. UMass as a program has no history of postseason success, and as good a job as Coach Carvel has done to get them to where they are now, he also has a history of zero postseason success over the course of his career (UMass or SLU).

If you want to wet your pants in fear of UMass in the HE Quarters, don't let me stop you.

Where you see danger and no hope, I see a (potential) opportunity to do something great.
                  I get that and agree with you that postseason play is a different animal. The opportunity will be there undoubtedly but how many times has an 8 upset a 1? Too lazy to look it up but my guess would be 0!!

Comment

I get that and agree with you that postseason play is a different animal. The opportunity will be there undoubtedly but how many times has an 8 upset a 1? Too lazy to look it up but my guess would be 0!!
                    IIRC, Merrimack won 2 out of 3 at BU in '98.
                    Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                    —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
                      IIRC, Merrimack won 2 out of 3 at BU in '98.
                      And then there was one, maybe

Comment

And then there was one, maybe
                        I forget if Maine upset UNH once??? Can you recall that?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          No, nay, never.... No may never no more....

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            1998. But UNH wasn’t the top seed, BU was.

Comment

UNH 1 seed, Maine 3 seed, BC 4 seed (won HEA tourney) at Anaheim FF in 1999, I think.

Comment

Gotta love the UNH faithful. We're an honest bunch!

Comment

Working...
                                X