No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

RPI makes Ten Worst list for free speech
    College criticized over handling student protests, leafletting

https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...h-13611055.php
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I'm not sure he would. Sure, 2 time PotY, but didn't the others also have impressive careers beyond RPI, whether as player or coach?
      Not all of them. I don't think that Jerry Knightley ever played professionally or coached. He did play at Western Ontario the year after graduating from RPI and played and defeated RPI that year. Bob Brinkworth played professionally, but never in the NHL and he coaches at the club level. I don't think that Frank Chiarelli ever coached and his play was limited to senior leagues. John Carter played in the NHL but had a limited career. After Oates and Juneau; Puppa, McPhee, and Pothier have the most extensive professional resumes and none have been honored. Indeed, Puppa may not be eligible since he did not graduate from RPI.

It is hard to use the same criteria over seven decades. I think that CP would be a worthy addition who would draw fans to a game.

Every time that this topic comes up, I wonder who should be the next addition and I thus wonder what criteria are used. Lots of players cross my mind.
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-14-2019, 06:46 AM.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        RPI makes Ten Worst list for free speech
        College criticized over handling student protests, leafletting

https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...h-13611055.php
        FIRE has been on their case for years. I still remember someone being expelled surrounding the whole "Draw Muhammad" incident.

Comment

Not all of them. I don't think that Jerry Knightley ever played professionally or coached. He did play at Western Ontario the year after graduating from RPI and played and defeated RPI that year. Bob Brinkworth played professionally, but never in the NHL and he coaches at the club level. I don't think that Frank Chiarelli ever coached and his play was limited to senior leagues. John Carter played in the NHL but had a limited career. After Oates and Juneau; Puppa, McPhee, and Pothier have the most extensive professional resumes and none have been honored. Indeed, Puppa may not be eligible since he did not graduate from RPI.

It is hard to use the same criteria over seven decades. I think that CP would be a worthy addition who would draw fans to a game.

Every time that this topic comes up, I wonder who should be the next addition and I thus wonder what criteria are used. Lots of players cross my mind.
          Did Oates graduate?
          In two years, Puppa put up a 55 and 7 won/loss record and a national chanpioship. If he doesn't belong on that wall, they should take the wall down.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            Did Oates graduate?
            In two years, Puppa put up a 55 and 7 won/loss record and a national chanpioship. If he doesn't belong on that wall, they should take the wall down.
            Oates completed his degree over several summer sessions.

Comment

Hi Ralph - do you know where to find the all-time program records, like "Top 10 in points scored"? I can not find that online.
              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                Hi Ralph - do you know where to find the all-time program records, like "Top 10 in points scored"? I can not find that online.
                I know that you didn't ask me, but those numbers are in this years program. At least they are in the one I got at the UMass Lowell game this year.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Pregame
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC_rnzEvcls
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I know that you didn't ask me, but those numbers are in this years program. At least they are in the one I got at the UMass Lowell game this year.
                    also in the ones I got at the CCT/SLU games, probably in all of them
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Can anyone explain what this is about?

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Can anyone explain what this is about?

Probably bought a new ice resurfacing machine.

Comment

hi EHF, it wasn't meant just for Ralph, especially since he seems to be ignoring me

I would love to see it online, but can't find it.
                          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

https://***********/MikeMcMahonCHN/s...51677108465664

I am not Mike McMahon. Things do not get better till Shirley and Lee go.
                            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

https://www.timesunion.com/opinion/a...e-13615385.php
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                                https://***********/MikeMcMahonCHN/s...51677108465664

I am not Mike McMahon. Things do not get better till Shirley and Lee go.
                                Dr. Mcilroy has shown more responsible leadership when it comes to the AD than predecessors. Sure, he fired your coach, who was given insane contract extensions. Sure, he chose an outlet who was conducting a search for the first time. Sure, he didn't let some crabby alums interfere with the selection process like a disagreeable bridesmaid when picking the dress. But he's not the problem. For the hand he was dealt, he's been playing it extraordinarily well.

You will have no argument from me about Jackson, though. Heck, even Prof. Washington didn't want to sit next to her when they showed the throne a couple weeks ago. That tyrant has pulled down morale of the ENTIRE institute.

Comment

Working...
                                X