The 2019-20 Schedules Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2019-20 Schedules Thread

Link to this year's spreadsheet is no longer available at this site.

Obviously with no information in the date area, no one to report as "effectively complete"*.

* Effectively complete meaning the school has released the schedule, or enough alternate information has been reported to determine the schedule is complete, minus exhibition games. Discretion will be used to determine whether WCHA teams will be using their entire allotment.
    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 03-29-2019, 02:36 PM.

Re: The 2019-20 Schedules Thread

ECAC non-travel-partners, courtesy of eLynah: http://elf.elynah.com/read.php?1,218518
    NCHC will be using the 1st year listing, i.e. the one that has Colorado College hosting Miami and going to the Sioux.
    WCHA will be using the 3rd year listing, i.e. the one that has Alabama Huntsville hosting Fairbanks and Tech, while going to Ferris and LSSU.
    HEA will be re-drafting who each team plays in-conference a 3rd time. I will once again use the close-high-mid-low method to predict these teams.
    AHC still seems to be by lot; I've given up trying to figure this out.

As always, the final weekend for NCHC and WCHA will be vs. the proximity partners in opposite locations to the previous year (home/home likely for Denver/CC and Tech/NMU).
    Friendship Four includes Colgate, Northeastern, UNH, and Princeton. Assuming same format.
    Beanpot, assuming the rotation stays, has BC and BU playing in the first Monday.
    GLI, assuming the rotation stays, has Tech playing State in the first game.
    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-29-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Notices from last year's thread:

CCT @ Wisconsin (2)
      SLU @ Minnesota (2) (probably not given this past year's re-neg)
      Wisconsin @ Omaha
      Wisconsin @ Merrimack/BC
      North Dakota @ Mankato (2)
      UMD @ Merrimack (2)
      BC @ Bentley
      Belfast: Colgate, NE, UNH, Princeton
      Merrimack Tournament?

Comment

RIT, Western Michigan, Ohio State, and Bowling Green are playing in the icebreaker tournament Oct. 11-12, with Western Michigan opening against Ohio State and Bowling Green playing against RIT on the 11th. (Tournament is hosted by Bowling Green)

Comment

Good to know, thanks.

I did also put a couple of placeholders in, things like the Catamount Cup, Three Rivers Classic, Desert Hockey Classic, GLI, Ledyard Classic.
          We still do not know about the Hall of Fame game, which is the other common exemption.
          Ice Vegas Invitational we know when, just not whom yet (aside from Cornell).

Not sure if I'm missing any other tournaments... the Alaska ones are sadly no more... not sure if they'll do the Shillelagh or the Mariucci again...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Good to know, thanks.

I did also put a couple of placeholders in, things like the Catamount Cup, Three Rivers Classic, Desert Hockey Classic, GLI, Ledyard Classic.
            We still do not know about the Hall of Fame game, which is the other common exemption.
            Ice Vegas Invitational we know when, just not whom yet (aside from Cornell).

Not sure if I'm missing any other tournaments... the Alaska ones are sadly no more... not sure if they'll do the Shillelagh or the Mariucci again...
            The Mariucci is happening again with Minnesota, Bemidji State, MSU-Mankato and St. Cloud. December 28 and 29, 2019.
            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Tech vs MSU, Ferris vs Michigan in the GLI.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                Tech vs MSU, Ferris vs Michigan in the GLI.
                Tech vs. Ferris in the final [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Northeastern will be playing in the Ledyard bank as well as the Belpot. The rest of the non-conference schedule will basically be return games from this year (2 at SCSU, 2 at Union) nothing too fun.

The HEA rotation is indeed new.

Comment

Non-conference series I know about for for Alaska for 2019-20:

Alaska @ Penn State
                    Arizona State @ Alaska
                    Denver @ Alaska
                    Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                      Northeastern will be playing in the Ledyard bank as well as the Belpot. The rest of the non-conference schedule will basically be return games from this year (2 at SCSU, 2 at Union) nothing too fun.

The HEA rotation is indeed new.
                      Wonder what the other will be? Or have you guys started making the Belfast games non-conference as well?

Comment

No, I just don't know the last game. You'll notice there are exactly zero home games there, so I'm imagining they'll find an AHC team to drag into Matthews for a game.

Baseless speculation, I would put money on NU/UNH being a Hockey East bonus game originally scheduled to take place at NU. We like giving up home games for these trips and HEA making sure it's a third game makes sense.
                        Last edited by TheRevengeance; 01-30-2019, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                          No, I just don't know the last game. You'll notice there are exactly zero home games there, so I'm imagining they'll find an AHC team to drag into Matthews for a game.

Baseless speculation, I would put money on NU/UNH being a Hockey East bonus game originally scheduled to take place at NU. We like giving up home games for these trips and HEA making sure it's a third game makes sense.
                          Speculation I've going to throw a wrench in, seeing how the 3rd game isn't determined until after the standings for the previous two years have finished, given that was the basis from the last time. Not to mention, Maine only played Providence twice in 2017-18 prior to the playoffs, one of those games being in Belfast.

Comment

Women's ECAC non-travel-partner schedule came out: https://elf.elynah.com/read.php?1,21...e=1#msg-219006

Although this is the men's thread, it does give us insight into when the Mayor's Cup between RPI and Union will be (I don't see why they wouldn't do it again), so I'll stick that into the schedule.

Ralph, if you happen to see this, please extend my thanks to Jim at eLynah for this info.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Women's ECAC non-travel-partner schedule came out: https://elf.elynah.com/read.php?1,21...e=1#msg-219006

Although this is the men's thread, it does give us insight into when the Mayor's Cup between RPI and Union will be (I don't see why they wouldn't do it again), so I'll stick that into the schedule.

Ralph, if you happen to see this, please extend my thanks to Jim at eLynah for this info.
                              Will do.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X