Clear All

Re: The 2019-20 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    That’s what I’ve heard so far...

2 vs. North Dakota
    2 vs. Arizona State
    2 vs. Minnesota Duluth
    2 @ Mariucci Classic

I did not hear that it would be Thanksgiving weekend, however — Biddy are you just speculating?
    I am not and heard it from a trustworthy source. I'm a bit surprised it's not a home and home but best that it is not.
    Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    I'm very certain, and it will be in early October as Biddco said.
    Good to hear some cohoboration.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      And... I just found that a mistype threw most of my HEA research out the window, at least in terms of 1-3. 9-11 is still OK, so maybe it really is the way I hypothesized. We should know in due course.

AHC folk... have you tried figuring if there is any pattern between previous years' results and who plays whom in extra conference games?
      I think that it might be a predetermined five-year cycle for the four games against four teams and two games against six teams each year, regardless of finish from year to year. But, good question to pose on an AHC thread, as I am pretty sure that it was discussed when Yukon left for the HEA.
      Last edited by Snively65; 02-26-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

The Connecticut Tournament will also be taking place next year according to the article, so I've marked as such.
        Games will be played in Bridgeport in 2020 and may rotate out to Hartford and possibly school sites in the future.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          I think that it might be a predetermined five-year cycle for the four games against four teams and two games against six teams each year, regardless of finish from year to year. But, good question to pose on an AHC thread, as I am pretty sure that it was discussed when Yukon left for the HEA.
          I know the RIT guys tried multi-year cycles, and couldn't find anything there. So maybe it's something to do with positioning. But if that isn't it, it may just be random draw.

Comment

I know the RIT guys tried multi-year cycles, and couldn't find anything there. So maybe it's something to do with positioning. But if that isn't it, it may just be random draw.
            I tried last off-season and couldn't find anything. If I have some time in the next few days I'll try again.
            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
            Men's Frozen Four 2010
            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
              I tried last off-season and couldn't find anything. If I have some time in the next few days I'll try again.
              OK. I know HEA does it based upon the previous two years. However, it looks like, at least as of this point, there's still some randomness.

Comment

I thought that I had it figured out, as we are in our fifth season without Yukon, and I thought that Bentley had played each of the other remaining 10 teams four times per season twice over the five years. But, I was wrong, as Bentley has payed eight teams four times in two seasons, Army four times in four seasons, and has not played Niagara four times in a season.

Have at it, mar! :-)
                Last edited by Snively65; 02-27-2019, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  Games will be played in Bridgeport in 2020 and may rotate out to Hartford and possibly school sites in the future.
                  Thought it was Bridgeport both years. I'd be very surprised if it's anything more than a two-year tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    SLU went to Minnesota x 2 this season. We're going to Madison and we owe Michigan Tech a visit.

Preying that the Gophers come East
                    I do not think this is right.
                    SLU came to Madison in 17-18.
                    This is part of a 3-team/4-year rotation with UW, SLU, Clarkson.

16-17 was UW traveling for 1 and 1
                    17-18 was SLU at Madison for 2
                    18-19 was UW traveling for 1 and 1
                    19-20 should be Clarkson coming to Madison for 2

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                      I do not think this is right.
                      SLU came to Madison in 17-18.
                      This is part of a 3-team/4-year rotation with UW, SLU, Clarkson.

16-17 was UW traveling for 1 and 1
                      17-18 was SLU at Madison for 2
                      18-19 was UW traveling for 1 and 1
                      That's exactly what was said; Joe's a CCT fan. I thought it was a 4-way deal also involving Minnesota, but this past year (18-19) proved that to be incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                        Isn't that what he wrote? He is joecct, not joeslu.

Edit: Visions of tomorrow's RPI game thread - FD08 beating me by a few seconds, or more.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Isn't that what he wrote? He is joecct, not joeslu.

Edit: Visions of tomorrow's RPI game thread - FD08 beating me by a few seconds, or more.
                          It threw me for a loop the first time I read it, too.

Comment

That's exactly what was said; Joe's a CCT fan. I thought it was a 4-way deal also involving Minnesota, but this past year (18-19) proved that to be incorrect.
                            Originally it was a 4 team deal, as MN and WI both visited the North Country in 16-17. However MN backed out of their visit last year for reasons unknown, and either accelerated SLU's return trip or flip-flopped the rotation (Could MN be coming as a single for 1+1 this season now? I doubt it, but it's possible?).

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                              Originally it was a 4 team deal, as MN and WI both visited the North Country in 16-17. However MN backed out of their visit last year for reasons unknown, and either accelerated SLU's return trip or flip-flopped the rotation (Could MN be coming as a single for 1+1 this season now? I doubt it, but it's possible?).
                              I would not expect a Gopher trip out there next year, but I see at least one place expecting two games at SLU

Comment

Originally posted by redrocker View Post
                                Thought it was Bridgeport both years. I'd be very surprised if it's anything more than a two-year tournament.
                                You are correct with SNY involved in the tourney for the first two years in BPT. I also hope that the second part of your statement is totally incorrect. Some more speculation from the BPT Post. https://www.ctpost.com/sports/jeffja...s-13611523.php
                                Last edited by LTsatch; 02-28-2019, 08:03 PM.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X