Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2019-20 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    Your BU/NU series' are backwards. The game at Matthews is paired with the March game at BU and the December is the standalone game
    Ah thanks - I will fix that! That was an assumption my friends and I made because the last weekend of HE play is usually (for the most part) just 1 game.

Since there could be other changes, I might as well wait until tomorrow when NU's schedule will be official.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Liveatjrl; 06-10-2019, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Re: The 2019-20 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
      Here's what I put together:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

There are several tabs and I thought it would be good to have each conference as it's own tab along with some other useful tabs.

Please note that I know there's a scheduling conflict for Michigan State with Colorado College and ASU both scheduled to play them weekend of Oct 25 so ignore that for now.

Please let me know if this works or if you're having trouble. Let me know if I missed anything! Everything I got was from this forum, twitter, school sites, etc. I will do my best to update the schedules ASAP.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for improving the spreadsheet - I know the colors may be a bit much but I find it a little easier to identify the teams.

Enjoy!
      Wow this spreadsheet is awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Comment

BC quietly dropped their schedule:

https://bceagles.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey
        BC @ Colgate? Has anybody heard of that?

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
          Wow this spreadsheet is awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing!
          Agreed! Great work, liveatjrl.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far!

RIT unveiled their schedule:

https://www.ritathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhock

Looks like they have 2 extra OOC games this year unless they don't count icebreaker as OOC? Anyways this gives all of Colgate and Merrimack's OOC opponents.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far!

RIT unveiled their schedule:

https://www.ritathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhock

Looks like they have 2 extra OOC games this year unless they don't count icebreaker as OOC? Anyways this gives all of Colgate and Merrimack's OOC opponents.
              Correct, Ice Breaker games are exempt from the 34 game limite. There are a few others. Here is the text from the NCAA Division 1 Manual:

17.13.5.3 Annual Exemptions. The maximum number of ice hockey contests shall exclude the following:
              (Adopted: 1/16/93, 1/9/96 effective 8/1/96, Revised: 9/6/00, 2/24/03, 11/22/04, 1/14/08, 4/25/18)
              (a) Conference Championship. Competition in one conference championship tournament in ice hockey (or the tournament used to determine the conference’s automatic entry in an NCAA ice hockey championship);
              (b) Conference Playoff. Competition involving member institutions that tie for a conference championship. Such teams may participate in a single-elimination playoff to determine the conference’s automatic entry in an NCAA ice hockey championship without the game(s) being counted as a postseason tournament;
              (c) NCAA Championships. Competition in the NCAA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Championship and the National Collegiate Women’s Ice Hockey Championship;
              (d) NCAA Championship Play-In Competition. Competition in play-in contests conducted before NCAA championships;
              (e) Alumni Game. One ice hockey contest each year against an alumni team of the institution;
              (f) Foreign Team in the United States. One ice hockey contest each year with a foreign opponent in the United States;
              (g) Hall of Fame Game. The one ice hockey game between two Division I intercollegiate teams conducted by the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame;
              (h) U.S. Olympic Team. One ice hockey contest each year against the U.S. Olympic ice hockey team during that team’s training for participation in the Winter Olympics;
              (i) Hawaii or Alaska. Any games played in Hawaii or Alaska, respectively, against an active Division I member institution located in Hawaii or Alaska, by a member located outside the area in question;
              (j) Fundraising Activity. Any ice hockey activities in which student-athletes from more than one of the institution’s athletics teams participate with and against alumni and friends of the institution, the purpose of which is to raise funds for the benefit of the institution’s athletics or other programs, provided the student-athletes do not miss classes as a result of their participation (see Bylaw 12.5.1.1);
              (k) Celebrity Sports Activity. Competition involving a limit of two student-athletes from a member institution’s ice hockey team who participate in local celebrity ice hockey activities conducted for the purpose of raising funds for charitable organizations, provided:
              (1) The student-athletes do not miss classes as a result of the participation;
              (2) The involvement of the student-athletes has the approval of the institution’s athletics director; and
              (3) The activity takes place within a 30-mile radius of the institution’s main campus.
              (l) U.S. National Team. One game played against any team as selected and designated by the appropriate national governing body for ice hockey as a U.S. national team (e.g., “Under-21” U.S. national team); and
              (m) Hockey Commissioners Association/Ice Breaker Tournaments. Competition in the men’s or women’s Ice Breaker Tournament sponsored by the Hockey Commissioners Association.
              Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
              College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
              Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
              Men's Frozen Four 2010
              Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
              Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

NU has opponents but no dates https://***********/GoNUmhockey/stat...76209405227008
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

The MSU-UM game on 2/17 should be neutral rather than at Michigan. Other than that it looks great. Thanks for putting it together.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    The MSU-UM game on 2/17 should be neutral rather than at Michigan. Other than that it looks great. Thanks for putting it together.
                    Good catch - it's not really a tournament so that's why I just left it like that. I guess I can change it to the color format I've been using for tournaments to avoid confusion with the game not being @Michigan.

Will have tabs updated very soon w/ RIT and NU (most of NU dates were easy to figure out except the January games - assuming they play fri/sat like most games)

Comment

Good catch - it's not really a tournament so that's why I just left it like that. I guess I can change it to the color format I've been using for tournaments to avoid confusion with the game not being @Michigan.

Will have tabs updated very soon w/ RIT and NU (most of NU dates were easy to figure out except the January games - assuming they play fri/sat like most games)
                      Ah, didn't realize those were tournament colors, just figured it was neutral sites. I'm not sure how hard it would be, but a master list of all 60 teams could help in trying to finalize non-con pairings. It's still doable with the current set up, but flipping tabs can get a little difficult.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        Ah, didn't realize those were tournament colors, just figured it was neutral sites. I'm not sure how hard it would be, but a master list of all 60 teams could help in trying to finalize non-con pairings. It's still doable with the current set up, but flipping tabs can get a little difficult.
                        I've decided to change it to the "tournament" color and we will know that as neutral / tournament games. I did use the mayor cups, red hot hockey, Harvard playing ASU in CA, and hall of fame game as a "tournament" color anyway.

As for a master list - it won't be hard to put together, just time consuming so if I have some free time in the next couple days/week, I'll put it together.
                        Last edited by Liveatjrl; 06-11-2019, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Spreadsheet has been updated to reflect the released RIT and NU schedules. I also made necessary changes based on comments and feedback.

Please note that the NU schedule is assumed based on what is already known and following the order of the NU schedule image that was released. The 3 January unknown dates (Bentley, UNH, and PC) are completely wild guesses so they are just a placeholder with a white background.

As always, please let me know if there are any errors in the spreadsheet or if I missed any games / schedules that were released.

Comment

Is there even a catamount cup tournament being held this year??? It doesn't seem like many teams are left to participate based on what we know so far ... UVM, PC/Maine, Union, AIC???

Maybe St. Lawrence or Holy Cross are in it instead of having 2 HE teams? (Other than PC, Maine, and the obvious UVM - I don't see any other HE teams having 2 OOC games left that are unknown)

I find it hard to see PC in the Catamount Cup AND Ice Vegas with both being so close to each other timing wise.

Comment

The change I was referring to last night- which to be fair was basically impossible to see unless you were looking for it considering the way NU released the schedule with both no dates and without the exhibition listed- is that the Union games are the 10/4 weekend and the exhibition is the following weekend.
                              Last edited by TheRevengeance; 06-11-2019, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                                You didnt catch the change I was referring to last night- which to be fair was basically impossible unless you were looking for it considering the way NU released the schedule with both no dates and without the exhibition listed. The Union games are the 10/4 weekend and the exhibition is the following weekend.
                                I did and thought that's what you were talking about but only problem is .... I called union's office asking about getting tickets for the NU game and they said it wasn't for sale but told me it was the 11th and 12th so I'm going by their word for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X