• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI vs. Union (Mayor's Cup) Saturday, 1/19/2018

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI vs. Union (Mayor's Cup) Saturday, 1/19/2018

Interesting to note that Union is 7-1-3 in non-conference games. RPI is a much less impressive 3-8.

In non-conference games against teams that are not members of the ECAC, the Dutchmen are 7-0-2, including a victory over St. Cloud State, who was # 1 in the country at the time, in the Three Rivers Classic tournament.

In non-conference games against teams that are members of the ECAC, they are 0-1-1, including a tie against Yale in the Friendship Four and a loss to Brown in the Three Rivers Classic, the day after Union had beaten St. Cloud State.

On paper, Union ought to win Saturday's game against RPI pretty handily and take the Mayor's Cup home to Schenectady. Of course, on paper, they should have walked all over Brown and taken the championship of the Three Rivers Classic.

Comment

We stared out well this year because we returned just about everyone from last year and there was a wealth of talent (forwards) and senior leadership. The weak spot was defense. IMO we have not developed as a team. Other teams in the league have used the first half of the season to improve and integrate their freshmen. I see some of that on defense with some of our freshmen D but for the most part, I just don't see us getting better game after game. Meanwhile teams like Brown with a lot of freshmen or Colgate or RPI have started to improve as their freshmen gain experience. Meanwhile we have just been resting our laurels and existing experience. Whatever advantage we had in the first half is gone.
      Last edited by Dutchman; 01-18-2019, 03:28 AM.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I wonder how many people will show up to these games tomorrow. The Capital Region could see as much as 18-24 inches of snow, with the storm ramping up on Saturday night and going into Sunday. At the very least, the walk up crowd will probably be very light. It would make sense to move the games up to something like 12 and 3:30 but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
          I wonder how many people will show up to these games tomorrow. The Capital Region could see as much as 18-24 inches of snow, with the storm ramping up on Saturday night and going into Sunday. At the very least, the walk up crowd will probably be very light. It would make sense to move the games up to something like 12 and 3:30 but I'm not holding my breath.
          That's interesting.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It is now shown at 6 PM on RPI's schedule. https://rpiathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=hockey&
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                It is now shown at 6 PM on RPI's schedule. https://rpiathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=hockey&
                I thought it was originally scheduled for 6 PM? My tickets say 3 and 6.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                  I thought it was originally scheduled for 6 PM? My tickets say 3 and 6.
                  Mea Culpa then. It did seem odd that they could predict at this time that one hour would make a lot of difference.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Mea Culpa then. It did seem odd that they could predict at this time that one hour would make a lot of difference.
                    I noticed that Colgate and Cornell have moved up their home games to 3:00pm in consideration of the storm. But given the games are being held at the TUC, changing the start times may be a tougher lift than if we were at HFH. We'll be lucky if they manage to make ice 😝
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

RPI pregame interviews.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKEGU-C3oh4.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It doesn't seem like either school is budging on these game times. I'd be surprised if there's much more than 4,000 there.

Comment

It doesn't seem like either school is budging on these game times. I'd be surprised if there's much more than 4,000 there.
                          On the women's broadcast today, Perry Laskaris said that the snow isn't expected to start until 10 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On the women's broadcast today, Perry Laskaris said that the snow isn't expected to start until 10 PM.
                            I don’t know where Perry got his information. All our local stations are saying it’s supposed to start between 5-7 PM.
                            I know downtown Albany quite well and even though I have tickets for tomorrow nights game, I’m not planning on going. Even Albany’s mayor is saying to stay off the streets. The women’s game may outdraw the men’s game...

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                              I don’t know where Perry got his information. All our local stations are saying it’s supposed to start between 5-7 PM.
                              I know downtown Albany quite well and even though I have tickets for tomorrow nights game, I’m not planning on going. Even Albany’s mayor is saying to stay off the streets. The women’s game may outdraw the men’s game...
                              Our crew is going. It's winter in the Capital Region ...it snows occasionally!😜 (Full disclosure ---In honor of Doc D, I have all wheel drive and 4 brand new snow tires ...).

Edit: the worst of storm will be overnight Sat into Sunday ..game will be done by 8:30. It'll be manageable
                              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-18-2019, 08:51 PM.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                              X