This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Cue a pair of ties - 3-3 on Friday, and 1-1 on Saturday.

I'll refrain from the "kissing your sister" stuff with ties, since our UMaine games are already behind us.
    Put two more beers for me on your Tab at Libby's! :-)
    Last edited by Snively65; 02-20-2019, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Maybe a pre-game rally and beer at Libby's is in order. :-)
      I'm in!
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

Hey where's Felger these days? He's usually good for a couple of cryptic posts!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          And, we have not heard from Old Grumpy Guy in at least a week, EJ Smith in over a year, and my favorite poster of all Jacques "Rabbit" Porriveau in several years.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
            Was just thinking of Felger and Sonar...wondered what's up with them...hope to see you all this weekend in various locations...
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              And, we have not heard from Old Grumpy Guy in at least a week, EJ Smith in over a year, and my favorite poster of all Jacques "Rabbit" Porriveau in several years.
              Thinking EJ went down with the ship...(EJ Smith was the captain of the ill fated Titanic who was on his last voyage before retiring... )
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

There was one more at the start of that line who beats 'em all, but shall remain nameless among friends.
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Thinking EJ went down with the ship...(EJ Smith was the captain of the ill fated Titanic who was on his last voyage before retiring... )
                  Must have been fake news in 1912, HR, as we read EJ Smith's posts right here on our season threads, as incredible as it may seem that someone 120+ years old could be in our midst.

Comment

Was just thinking of Felger and Sonar...wondered wha's up with them...hope to see you all this weekend in various locations...
                    Yeah, where in the world is Sonar?

Maybe in the boneyard with Bobo and Blinky-the-wonder-Chimp!

Comment

Yeah, where in the world is Sonar?

Maybe in the boneyard with Bobo and Blinky-the-wonder-Chimp!
                      My thanks to HR and e.cat for remembering me. The notice comes at an interesting time in my relationship to UNH Men's Hockey. After three years of not attending games I find myself with a GA ticket to tonight's game with NE. This all comes after 40+ years as a season ticket holder.

For what it is worth .... I like what appears to be happening with respect to UNH Men's Hockey. There appears to be an ambitious emphasis on results thinking and a willingness to "push the envelope." There looks like a renewed sense of ambition and although challenges are ahead it will never happen if they don't try. Other programs are scrambling as hard and fast (e.g.Arizona State) so if you don't move up the ladder you will decline. Why not swing for the fence and if you hit a triple that is still pretty good. Getting the new UNH President on board might help. I think getting everyone to realize that UNH belongs back in the forefront of college hockey should be an embedded aim.

As for the metaphorical or actual "boneyard" e-cat .... I am obviously still avoiding that end .... although I turn 80 in 2019. Maybe I'll wear my hoodie tonight with SNIVELY 1968-1969 on the front. My first year as a season ticket holder ...........

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
                        My thanks to HR and e.cat for remembering me. The notice comes at an interesting time in my relationship to UNH Men's Hockey. After three years of not attending games I find myself with a GA ticket to tonight's game with NE. This all comes after 40+ years as a season ticket holder.

For what it is worth .... I like what appears to be happening with respect to UNH Men's Hockey. There appears to be an ambitious emphasis on results thinking and a willingness to "push the envelope." There looks like a renewed sense of ambition and although challenges are ahead it will never happen if they don't try. Other programs are scrambling as hard and fast (e.g.Arizona State) so if you don't move up the ladder you will decline. Why not swing for the fence and if you hit a triple that is still pretty good. Getting the new UNH President on board might help. I think getting everyone to realize that UNH belongs back in the forefront of college hockey should be an embedded aim.

As for the metaphorical or actual "boneyard" e-cat .... I am obviously still avoiding that end .... although I turn 80 in 2019. Maybe I'll wear my hoodie tonight with SNIVELY 1968-1969 on the front. My first year as a season ticket holder ...........
                        Great to see you here! I'll be looking for ya....

Finally some hockey after a 13 day lay off (has it really been that long) Hope those that needed the rest got it and are raring to go. If you listened to Coach Souza's most recent presser you know that Patrick G is recovering from a recent surgical procedure and we could see him in the playoffs hopefully (or, for the UML series perhaps). Looking forward to the weekend (esp. now that it's Feb school vacation week!!!) and hope we can put do something with those pesky Huskies....(insert Wildcat sound here!) Let's go 'Cats!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Yeah, I'm still here, ya Bentley carpetbagger! And it's Grouchy, not Grumpy ya old durn fool! !How many times do I have to tell you to GIT OFF MY LAWN???

Now that that's done....I like UNH's chances tonight against those dang mutts from Huntington Ave. I could care less about the ****pot, Beanpot, or whatever the dang Pot they won last week, they can just git off my lawn and git off my home ice!! Dagnammit!!
                          I'm old, I'm grouchy, GIT OVER IT!!
                          AND GIT OFF MY T-HALL LAWN!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sonar View Post

Glad you're still with us Sonar. Congrats in the upcoming 80th birthday. Many more to come!

Don't forget the sage tonight

Comment

Glad you're still with us Sonar. Congrats in the upcoming 80th birthday. Many more to come!

Don't forget the sage tonight
                              Oh the sage!! I actually went out and bought some for the HE Finals v UML...it was a cool experience despite the outcome...
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Oh the sage!! I actually went out and bought some for the HE Finals v UML...it was a cool experience despite the outcome...
                                Hahaha!

Love sage and parsely, rosemary and thyme!

Comment

Working...
                                X