X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    PC has been so much better than UNH the last few years - but UNH is always playing close games with the Friars. I also think that up until last weekend, PC has underachieved its talent much of the year...
    I thought PC's inability to score against the UNH was just because of Tirone. But nope. They know how to play against the Friars - they just haven't quite reached the level that UVM has.

I don't expect PC to end up in second because everyone now has a game on hand against them. The people who thought they're going to end up finishing above UMASS this year were wayyyyyy too optimistic.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by UNH1932 View Post
      I will leave a ticket for you at will call for Saturday game
      Hey, many thanks, 1932! I will arrive early to watch practice.

I owe you a beer, and one to e.cat for the UMaine game also.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        The Quest is dead & buried. The only thing ties hurt you with are those frosties you are so counting on.
        Yup, those dreaded ties did in Dick's Quest last year, and now my quest (lower case) this year.
        Last edited by Snively65; 02-19-2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Hey, many thanks, 1932! I will arrive early to watch practice.

I owe you a beer, and one to e.cat for the UMaine game also.
          I'll be there Saturday but if the line is too long, you're off the hook Prof!
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
            I'll be there Saturday but if the line is too long, you're off the hook Prof!
            Maybe a pre-game rally and beer at Libby's is in order. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Maybe a pre-game rally and beer at Libby's is in order. :-)
              Woot! Count HR in...
              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Fourth UNH football player charged in fraternity brawl:
                https://www.unionleader.com/news/cri...lock_id=664693

"They (four football players) have been suspended from the football team... remain as students at UNH."

This is pretty much consistent with how UNH handled Casey Desmith's situation. I think some or all of these student athletes will suffer worse consequences.
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                  Fourth UNH football player charged in fraternity brawl:
                  https://www.unionleader.com/news/cri...lock_id=664693

"They (four football players) have been suspended from the football team... remain as students at UNH."

This is pretty much consistent with how UNH handled Casey Desmith's situation. I think some or all of these student athletes will suffer worse consequences.
                  I cannot read the article, but sounds like these students can stay in school and maybe complete their degrees?

I cannot remember, but did CDS complete his degree in 2014-2015 before he turned pro? He certainly has turned things around well for himself with the Pens; good for him.
                  Last edited by Snively65; 02-20-2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    I cannot read the article, but sounds like these students can stay in school and maybe complete their degrees?

I cannot remember, but did CDS complete his degree in 2013-2014 before he turned pro? He certainly has turned things around for himself with the Pens; good for him.
                    DeSmith was definitely suspended from school - and was kicked off the hockey team soon after. So it isn't consistent in that regard - but it was also a very different charge.

He was allowed to return when charges were dismissed, the accusation's most salacious inclusions were recanted and witness testimony refuted those inclusions - not sure if he ever did. He wanted to transfer to Wisconsin or Michigan but his request was denied by the NCAA...
                    Last edited by Dan; 02-20-2019, 10:17 AM.
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

Casey was suspended from school then allowed to return. Sort of, kind of the same. All players were removed from the teams. The same. The difference, UNH learning from experience (?), is the pace. Immediate removal from the team, but a wait and see on being expelled from UNH. It is a very different charge, this time with video surveillance of what looks to be pre-meditation. If reporting is accurate, the football players will be lucky if being expelled is the worst penalty they suffer.
                      Last edited by Darius; 02-20-2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        DeSmith was definitely suspended from school - and was kicked off the hockey team soon after. So it isn't consistent in that regard - but it was also a very different charge.

He was allowed to return when charges were dismissed, the accusation's most salacious inclusions were recanted and witness testimony refuted those inclusions - not sure if he ever did. He wanted to transfer to Wisconsin or Michigan but his request was denied by the NCAA...
                        Originally posted by Darius View Post
                        Casey was suspended from school then allowed to return. Sort of, kind of the same. All players were removed from the teams. The same. The difference, UNH learning from experience (?), is the pace. Immediate removal from the team, but a wait and see on being expelled from UNH. It is a very different charge, this time with video surveillance of what looks to be pre-meditation. If reporting is accurate, the football players will be lucky if being expelled is the worst penalty they suffer.
                        Why, Darius, why??

I won't go into details any more than I have previously, other than to say I have impeccable sourcing on what happened in the original incident with CDS, and I share most of Dan's initial reactions to your (seemingly strained) comparison of the two very regrettable events. If the point is that UNH has "learned" from past situations, I'm not sure that's entirely relevant? Each of these situations should be judged on their own merits. CDS has moved on (and in a positive way), so I'm not sure there's any value in dragging his name back into the mud to make some complicated point about how due process has developed at UNH?

Now … if I've missed the point (and I accept that may be the case), I'm willing to listen and reconsider.
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Chuck

Let me know if you want ticket(s) to games this weekend. I will leave at will call. Send a note if you want them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            Why, Darius, why??

I won't go into details any more than I have previously, other than to say I have impeccable sourcing on what happened in the original incident with CDS, and I share most of Dan's initial reactions to your (seemingly strained) comparison of the two very regrettable events. If the point is that UNH has "learned" from past situations, I'm not sure that's entirely relevant? Each of these situations should be judged on their own merits. CDS has moved on (and in a positive way), so I'm not sure there's any value in dragging his name back into the mud to make some complicated point about how due process has developed at UNH?

Now … if I've missed the point (and I accept that may be the case), I'm willing to listen and reconsider.
                            All I am comparing is that UNH bounced Casey and then had an "Oh, wait..." moment. With the football players, UNH is waiting first, (likely) bouncing second. In both cases, I like the no tolerance off the team approach.

I've got pretty good sourcing too.
                            In NO way am I looking to drag Casey's name back into the mud. My opinion, he got a bad deal and if there were do overs in life he would not have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              The Quest is dead & buried. The only thing ties hurt you with are those frosties you are so counting on.
                              Oh, I just realized how unlikely a tie(s) is(are) this weekend, as the Fuskies only have one of 'em this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Oh, I just realized how unlikely a tie(s) is(are) this weekend, as the Fuskies only have one of 'em this season.
                                Cue a pair of ties - 3-3 on Friday, and 1-1 on Saturday.

I'll refrain from the "kissing your sister" stuff with ties, since our UMaine games are already behind us.
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X