This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

The team this weekend was very impressive with their effort, compete level and never giving up. It will give them the confidence moving forward if they fall behind early in any game they have the ability to comeback. The players earned the respect and support from their fans this weekend.

In regard to the goaltending issue: It is not an experiment. The coaching staff is doing a good job of developing this team and players for the future. When injuries have occurred this season the other players have been ready to respond accordingly. What happens if Robinson were to get injured later this season or next season? By playing Taylor a number of games this season he will be better prepared if it were to happen. With this being said I would expect Robinson to play the vast majority of the remaining games this season. It is time to earn a spot in the playoffs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      For the program's sake, I hope not. But he's a distant second in the competition right now. So be it.

Interesting how this game arguably bookends with the Brown game this time last season, where UNH coughed up a four goal lead to settle for a tie, in what in retrospect was the beginning of the end of the Quest for the NRN. When is the last time a UNH team came out of the midseason break with three games unbeaten? And two of those while missing their best player??

Remains to be seen if this is sustainable, but it's nice to have a rooting interest in a competitive team again. Almost enough to make us forget the absence of the blue chip Swedish recruit who still appears to be AWOL (yeah, there I go again, peeing in the punchbowl). Al Pike, know your role - do your job!!
      She stole my post.... For the programs sake you play the hot hand and the guy who looks like he belongs. Taylor might be a good goalie but right now Robinson has looked solid and comfortable.

Taylor looked confused especially on the 3rd goal that rolled up his pad

Comment

Bump from page 2.

Warriors beat Wolverines last night, which bumped us up one notch to 27th in PWR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Bump from page 2.

Warriors beat Wolverines last night, which bumped us up one notch to 27th in PWR.
          And Maine beat Vlae in OT!

Vlae having a tough go of it after we beat them 5-5!
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Look for Coach Souza to address the NCAA eligibility status of Filip Engarås at the noontime press conference.
            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

UNH head coach Mike Souza announced that Filip Engarås (Stockholm, Sweden) has been denied NCAA eligibility and will not play in any UNH games this season. Issue with amateur eligibility. He has committed to remain with the team next season. He has been attending classes and practicing with the team throughout this season.

Comment

According to Souza, in past cases where a European junior player played a few games with the junior club's affiliated professional team, the NCAA denied eligibility for several games but allowed the player to play the remainder of the freshman campaign. Unfortunately, they did not grant Filip Engarås this type of limited ineligibility.

Comment

Coach Souza emphasized that Engarås has been an integral part of the team all season. He practices with the team, attends all games, and goes to classes. Engarås could've returned to play in Sweden but chose to remain and play for UNH next season.

Comment

That's great news, that Engaras is indeed entrenched in the 'Cat scheme of things...as I suspected. Missed the presser thanks so much for sharing this info!! Looking forward to seeing Filip on the ice next season, along with Kalle Eriksson! Go 'Cats!!!
                    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                      According to Souza, in past cases where a European junior player played a few games with the junior club's affiliated professional team, the NCAA denied eligibility for several games but allowed the player to play the remainder of the freshman campaign. Unfortunately, they did not grant Filip Engarås this type of limited ineligibility.
                      hmmmm wonder why? Seems pretty harsh. I know that UNH did what they could to get him on the ice...glad to have the info finally!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        hmmmm wonder why? Seems pretty harsh. I know that UNH did what they could to get him on the ice...glad to have the info finally!
                        I would imagine are many details and circumstances in each individual case we will never really be privy to. However, I too am glad to finally have a resolution. Great to hear he is planning to remain with the team, certainly gives us something to look forward to next season! Maybe the future of UNH Hockey is starting to brighten.
                        GO BLUE!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                          And Maine beat Vlae in OT!

Vlae having a tough go of it after we beat them 5-5!
                          Not exactly the weekend they planned on....and we’ve certainly been on the other side of OT losses...ugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Not exactly the weekend they planned on....and we’ve certainly been on the other side of OT losses...ugh.
                            Where the he11 did Vlae come from anyhow! Must have been typos!
                            Last edited by e.cat; 01-09-2019, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                              Where the he11 did Vlae come from anyhow! Must have been typos!
                              That's Snively65's dept...he knows all the 'lore' of the board!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                That's Snively65's dept...he knows all the 'lore' of the board!!!
                                So true Ref!

Comment

Working...
                                X