It's that time again, time for the 2nd GLI of 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's that time again, time for the 2nd GLI of 2018

Will be intriguing matchups at this GLI with all the interconnected personnel associated with the teams.

Michigan vs Michigan Tech
    Lake Superior State vs Michigan State

Hope the timing at LCA does not totally wreck attendance again.
    Last year LCA looked pretty empty for this great event.
    Come on Metro Detroit, turn out and enjoy the best game going - college hockey.....

Re: It's that time again, time for the 2nd GLI of 2018

I'm going! First one for me since 2007.

Comment

Wish I could make it over this year. Bad timing for work though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
        It didn't look that bad, but I'm thinking the Wings' New Years Eve night game should put some extra butts in seats for the championship game beforehand.

Which reminds me, I still need to grab my tickets.

Comment

it looks like the Huskies faithful will be at the GLI, anyone else from the remaining teams planning on being there for the big showdown.

I think attendance is going to be lousy again, but the Huskies fans will be loud as usual.....

Go Tech

Comment

Hands up if you thought that the highest participant in the PairWise entering the GLI would be LSSU.

(crickets)

Comment

Hands up if you thought the Techies would be the only ones posting/caring!

Comment

Will be intriguing matchups at this GLI with all the interconnected personnel associated with the teams.

Hope the timing at LCA does not totally wreck attendance again.
                Come on Metro Detroit, turn out and enjoy the best game going - college hockey.....
                If things don't turn around they'll have to move it back to Houghton. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Go___Tech_Gold View Post
                  If things don't turn around they'll have to move it back to Houghton. :P
                  Back to Houghton??

Comment

What all we have for connections:
                    Mel Pearson (Mich) is a former head coach and player at Tech
                    Joey Shawhan (Tech) is a former assistant coach and player at LSSU
                    Damon Whitten (LSSU) is a former assistant coach at Tech and player at MSU
                    Mike York and Zach Cisek (LSSU) are both former players at MSU

Any others? I'm sure there are more.
                    Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Two of Marv's assistants at UM, Bill Muckalt and Steve Shields were both assistants under him at Tech

Comment

The girlfriend and I, along with two of our friends, will be making the trek down from the Sault to represent our Lakers! It'll be the first time I've ever been in Metro Detroit: Been to some of the burbs plenty of times, but never downtown.

I hope that anyone else who is heading down from the U.P early this weekend drives safe. The winter storm sounds like it's going to snow here during the day, but turn to rain overnight, but temps are going to drop Friday into Saturday, so the roads are likely going to be a mess here on the Eastern end.
                        LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Tech ready to go tomorrow, practiced at LCA today on the practice rink. Going to be a fun day of hockey.

WCHA final is a distinct possibility.
                          Last edited by Huskiefan906; 12-29-2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I can't believe it is a minimum $30 to watch the GLI online today. Outrageous. At least they're on FSD tomorrow.
                            CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                              The girlfriend and I, along with two of our friends, will be making the trek down from the Sault to represent our Lakers! It'll be the first time I've ever been in Metro Detroit: Been to some of the burbs plenty of times, but never downtown.

I hope that anyone else who is heading down from the U.P early this weekend drives safe. The winter storm sounds like it's going to snow here during the day, but turn to rain overnight, but temps are going to drop Friday into Saturday, so the roads are likely going to be a mess here on the Eastern end.
                              Have fun. The GLI is still the best and having it at the Oven has reinvigorated it (for now).
                              CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Working...
                              X