PDA

View Full Version : It's that time again, time for the 2nd GLI of 2018

Pages : [1] 2

Huskiefan906
12-16-2018, 09:10 AM
Will be intriguing matchups at this GLI with all the interconnected personnel associated with the teams.

Michigan vs Michigan Tech
Lake Superior State vs Michigan State

Hope the timing at LCA does not totally wreck attendance again.
Last year LCA looked pretty empty for this great event.
Come on Metro Detroit, turn out and enjoy the best game going - college hockey.....

redwing61
12-16-2018, 10:40 AM
I'm going! First one for me since 2007.

MTUHuskies
12-16-2018, 10:52 AM
Wish I could make it over this year. Bad timing for work though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FadeToBlack&Gold
12-16-2018, 02:19 PM

It didn't look that bad, but I'm thinking the Wings' New Years Eve night game should put some extra butts in seats for the championship game beforehand.

Which reminds me, I still need to grab my tickets.

Huskiefan906
12-21-2018, 06:09 AM
it looks like the Huskies faithful will be at the GLI, anyone else from the remaining teams planning on being there for the big showdown.

I think attendance is going to be lousy again, but the Huskies fans will be loud as usual.....

Go Tech

John J. MacInnes
12-21-2018, 09:41 AM
Hands up if you thought that the highest participant in the PairWise entering the GLI would be LSSU.

(crickets)

FadeToBlack&Gold
12-22-2018, 12:20 AM
Hands up if you thought the Techies would be the only ones posting/caring! ;)

Go___Tech_Gold
12-22-2018, 01:27 PM
Will be intriguing matchups at this GLI with all the interconnected personnel associated with the teams.

Hope the timing at LCA does not totally wreck attendance again.
Come on Metro Detroit, turn out and enjoy the best game going - college hockey.....

If things don't turn around they'll have to move it back to Houghton. :P

MTUHuskies
12-22-2018, 01:41 PM
If things don't turn around they'll have to move it back to Houghton. :PBack to Houghton??

jsmithe
12-22-2018, 02:23 PM

What all we have for connections:
Mel Pearson (Mich) is a former head coach and player at Tech
Joey Shawhan (Tech) is a former assistant coach and player at LSSU
Damon Whitten (LSSU) is a former assistant coach at Tech and player at MSU
Mike York and Zach Cisek (LSSU) are both former players at MSU

Any others? I'm sure there are more.

MTUHuskies
12-22-2018, 02:31 PM
Two of Marv's assistants at UM, Bill Muckalt and Steve Shields were both assistants under him at Tech

Deman
12-27-2018, 08:47 AM
The girlfriend and I, along with two of our friends, will be making the trek down from the Sault to represent our Lakers! It'll be the first time I've ever been in Metro Detroit: Been to some of the burbs plenty of times, but never downtown.

I hope that anyone else who is heading down from the U.P early this weekend drives safe. The winter storm sounds like it's going to snow here during the day, but turn to rain overnight, but temps are going to drop Friday into Saturday, so the roads are likely going to be a mess here on the Eastern end.

Huskiefan906
12-29-2018, 04:57 PM
Tech ready to go tomorrow, practiced at LCA today on the practice rink. Going to be a fun day of hockey.

WCHA final is a distinct possibility.

Dirty Dream No. 2
12-30-2018, 11:17 AM
I can't believe it is a minimum $30 to watch the GLI online today. Outrageous. At least they're on FSD tomorrow.

Dirty Dream No. 2
12-30-2018, 11:17 AM
The girlfriend and I, along with two of our friends, will be making the trek down from the Sault to represent our Lakers! It'll be the first time I've ever been in Metro Detroit: Been to some of the burbs plenty of times, but never downtown.

I hope that anyone else who is heading down from the U.P early this weekend drives safe. The winter storm sounds like it's going to snow here during the day, but turn to rain overnight, but temps are going to drop Friday into Saturday, so the roads are likely going to be a mess here on the Eastern end.

Have fun. The GLI is still the best and having it at the Oven has reinvigorated it (for now).

The Meal
12-30-2018, 12:34 PM
I can't believe it is a minimum $30 to watch the GLI online today. Outrageous. At least they're on FSD tomorrow.

Mix 93.5 WKMJ it is for me. I'd have paid $15 for the live video feed, but not $30.

The Meal
12-30-2018, 04:08 PM
Radio announcers were really good. Result was even better. Championship tomorrow.

Huskiefan906
12-31-2018, 09:13 AM
Well what a day that was.....Founders hosted several Huskies faithful for pre-game.

I really hate to see a GLI game end with a shootout, but considering the circumstances, the emotion at the time, that was amazing.

Beydoun, Lucchini, and Parrottino showed up when the moment arrived.

Both good solid games on the day, enjoyed it immensely.

Arena was about 55-65% full for Tech UM, and about 50% for the Lake State MSU game.

Slaker thought he had it and did the worst thing he could do by grabbing his "Michigan crest" and strutting down the ice back to his bench.
That motivated the best player on the ice, Jake Lucchini and the team to put an end to it.

The Troll mtu86
12-31-2018, 10:17 AM
Slaker thought he had it and did the worst thing he could do by grabbing his "Michigan crest" and strutting down the ice back to his bench.
That motivated the best player on the ice, Jake Lucchini and the team to put an end to it.

I've always hated the 'jersey pop' stuff. I think the skunks started that crap way back. Or at least brought it over from BB.

Slaker certainly did have a little 'premature jersey pop' going on there.. Luch gave it right back to the whole d__m skunk bench right after that. Good stuff. And the predominately Tech crowd loved it.

Go Huskies!

The Troll mtu86
12-31-2018, 10:17 AM
Radio announcers were really good. Result was even better. Championship tomorrow.

Dirk is the best! And always will be.