Ferris State, Bob Daniels MUST GO!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris State, Bob Daniels MUST GO!!

After losing records for last three seasons and horrible start this year, Ferris State's coach, Bob Daniels need to be fired or retire, he didn't have "IT" anymore and the old way of playing hockey is not working anymore, he is simply too old to be innovation with his teams. He couldn't get bona fide players to come and play for him like he were able to do when Ferris State was in CCHA.

We need new chapter for Ferris State Hockey, we need to find a coach that know how to recuit and start getting more speed on the team. The University already had great program in Men Football (going in semifinal against Minnesota State), Men Basketball (Div 2 National Championship last year) So we shouldn't have no trouble finding great coach to come and change the program like football and basketball did for last few years.
    Born-raised Ferris State fan!

Re: Ferris State, Bob Daniels MUST GO!!

Let me preface this by saying I do not know the answers to these questions, just curious for those around the program:

- Does FSU have the facilities to compete for top recruits?
    - Is there financial support from the university for the hockey program to compete at the top level?
    - Does FSU have the funds to bring in a good hire for $200k/year? That seems to be the new going rate for a good coach in the WCHA.
    Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

D2 is not D1 when it comes to $$$ & support.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        And we Seawolf fans can attest to that.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Didn't stop them before while competing in stronger league in CCHA and went to Championship game before, the point is Daniels couldn't get any players good enough to play for him anymore.... that is the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
            Let me preface this by saying I do not know the answers to these questions, just curious for those around the program:

- Does FSU have the facilities to compete for top recruits?
            - Is there financial support from the university for the hockey program to compete at the top level?
            - Does FSU have the funds to bring in a good hire for $200k/year? That seems to be the new going rate for a good coach in the WCHA.
            FSU have decent facilities, one of nicer locker room, weight rooms, and spa/trainer room.... granted the hockey rink is smaller than other college rinks but the ice is considered one of the best ice in state, very smooth and cold....

University is very well vested in hockey program for the past 20 years, the community is very involved in the program.

I believe so, that FSU have the funds to get good coaches.

If anyone there have more of "insider" information about the financial situation, please feel free to share it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejpuck View Post
              FSU have decent facilities, one of nicer locker room, weight rooms, and spa/trainer room.... granted the hockey rink is smaller than other college rinks but the ice is considered one of the best ice in state, very smooth and cold....

University is very well vested in hockey program for the past 20 years, the community is very involved in the program.

I believe so, that FSU have the funds to get good coaches.

If anyone there have more of "insider" information about the financial situation, please feel free to share it.
              In the WCHA, Ferris’s dressing room facilities rank above Anchorage and Huntsville. They are fairly equal to Fairbanks & Lake Superior. Minnesota State easily tops everyone and Bowling Green, Tech and Bemidji are top notch as well with NMU not far behind.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                In the WCHA, Ferris’s dressing room facilities rank above Anchorage and Huntsville. They are fairly equal to Fairbanks & Lake Superior. Minnesota State easily tops everyone and Bowling Green, Tech and Bemidji are top notch as well with NMU not far behind.
                Northern is near the bottom of the league in lockerrooms. UAF has a much nicer lockerroom than NMU.

you decide Davy D

http://www.designalaska.com/portfoli...hockey-complex
                Last edited by eye4talent; 12-06-2018, 05:15 PM.
                "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                  Northern is near the bottom of the league in lockerrooms. UAF has a much nicer lockerroom than NMU.

you decide Davy D

http://www.designalaska.com/portfoli...hockey-complex
                  Can you show me the weight room and workout facilities at the Carlson Center? How many of the dressing rooms have you been to see? When was the last time you were in NMU’s dressing room and seen the weight room and training facility?
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Can you show me the weight room and workout facilities at the Carlson Center? How many of the dressing rooms have you been to see? When was the last time you were in NMU’s dressing room and seen the weight room and training facility?
                    Your post said dressing room facilities. UAF has a much nicer lockerroom unless NMU upgraded theirs since last summer
                    "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                      Your post said dressing room facilities. UAF has a much nicer lockerroom unless NMU upgraded theirs since last summer
                      When I speak of “facilities,” it includes the whole set up. Training Room, Weight room, dressing room, the whole team area.

Comment

UAF is in the middle of remodeling and expanding the weight room at the Patty Center, which is our practice and training facility.
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

here we go again, got swept by BG that is 8 straight losses!! time to fire Bob Daniels!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deejpuck View Post
                            here we go again, got swept by BG that is 8 straight losses!! time to fire Bob Daniels!!
                            You didn’t get swept by BG. You got a loss and a tie. BG gets an extra stadings point in the WCHA for the shootout win. League points, BG 5 FSU 1. Not a sweep.

Comment

You didn’t get swept by BG. You got a loss and a tie. BG gets an extra stadings point in the WCHA for the shootout win. League points, BG 5 FSU 1. Not a sweep.
                              Was just gonna say that it sure doesn't feel like a sweep to us...

Comment

Working...
                              X