This is Heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is Heavy

I've often joked with friends about a mythical Team Cameroon, as though they weren't mythical. I guess this story just goes to show how closely fiction parallels reality...didn't know how close I was.

This is an incredible story on so many levels and this team gets a special surprise guest.

Do you think anyone back home will believe their story if they even know who he is?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/...reat-1.4926898

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    I've often joked with friends about a mythical Team Cameroon, as though they weren't mythical. I guess this story just goes to show how closely fiction parallels reality...didn't know how close I was.

This is an incredible story on so many levels and this team gets a special surprise guest.

Do you think anyone back home will believe their story if they even know who he is?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/...reat-1.4926898
    Wow, what a fantastic story! Brought a lump to my throat to think how easy my peers and I had it compared to these girls. I have newfound respect for Wick now too! Everyone needs to watch the video of this story!

Comment

Re: This is Heavy

Fantastic story....best game in the world!

Comment

+1

Comment

Awesome story! Hoping the exposure can get their program some more resources internally in India as they grow.

Comment

Can there be overseas hockey tournaments in the Himalayas in the near future?😍. That outside rink was gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
              Can there be overseas hockey tournaments in the Himalayas in the near future?😍. That outside rink was gorgeous.
              A tournament in the Himalayas might draw well at first. I’m just afraid it would be all downhill from there. Great story though, best sport ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
                A tournament in the Himalayas might draw well at first. I’m just afraid it would be all downhill from there. Great story though, best sport ever!
                Lol, I get it....Himalayas...all downhill from there....good one. But was it intentional?!

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                  Lol, I get it....Himalayas...all downhill from there....good one. But was it intentional?!
                  Poor Genbeau, you've done some very good work, especially with #9 last year, but you remain a bit anonymous to some of the 17.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                    Poor Genbeau, you've done some very good work, especially with #9 last year, but you remain a bit anonymous to some of the 17.
                    if I may recycle a Genbeau "She’ll just hold it while the universe revolves around her."

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                      if I may recycle a Genbeau "She’ll just hold it while the universe revolves around her."
                      No Genbeau retrospective would be complete without 'They seemed a bit tired, but I still think they had a Goodyear.'

Comment

Working...
                      X