PDA

View Full Version : This is Heavy

Blackbeard
12-02-2018, 01:30 AM
I've often joked with friends about a mythical Team Cameroon, as though they weren't mythical. I guess this story just goes to show how closely fiction parallels reality...didn't know how close I was.

This is an incredible story on so many levels and this team gets a special surprise guest.

Do you think anyone back home will believe their story if they even know who he is?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/india-s-1st-women-s-hockey-team-comes-to-canada-with-help-from-an-all-time-great-1.4926898

shelfit
12-02-2018, 10:23 AM
I've often joked with friends about a mythical Team Cameroon, as though they weren't mythical. I guess this story just goes to show how closely fiction parallels reality...didn't know how close I was.

This is an incredible story on so many levels and this team gets a special surprise guest.

Do you think anyone back home will believe their story if they even know who he is?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/india-s-1st-women-s-hockey-team-comes-to-canada-with-help-from-an-all-time-great-1.4926898

Wow, what a fantastic story! Brought a lump to my throat to think how easy my peers and I had it compared to these girls. I have newfound respect for Wick now too! Everyone needs to watch the video of this story!

goaliedad35
12-03-2018, 10:21 AM
Fantastic story....best game in the world!

GTOWN
12-03-2018, 10:46 AM
+1

Scott_TG
12-03-2018, 12:44 PM
Awesome story! Hoping the exposure can get their program some more resources internally in India as they grow.

Reddington
12-05-2018, 02:44 PM
Can there be overseas hockey tournaments in the Himalayas in the near future?😍. That outside rink was gorgeous.

Genbeau
12-05-2018, 04:38 PM
Can there be overseas hockey tournaments in the Himalayas in the near future?😍. That outside rink was gorgeous.

A tournament in the Himalayas might draw well at first. Im just afraid it would be all downhill from there. Great story though, best sport ever!

shelfit
12-05-2018, 05:52 PM
A tournament in the Himalayas might draw well at first. Im just afraid it would be all downhill from there. Great story though, best sport ever!

Lol, I get it....Himalayas...all downhill from there....good one. But was it intentional?!

FiveHoleFrenzy
12-05-2018, 08:47 PM
Lol, I get it....Himalayas...all downhill from there....good one. But was it intentional?!

Poor Genbeau, you've done some very good work, especially with #9 last year, but you remain a bit anonymous to some of the 17. ;)

pokechecker
12-06-2018, 06:39 AM
Poor Genbeau, you've done some very good work, especially with #9 last year, but you remain a bit anonymous to some of the 17. ;)

if I may recycle a Genbeau "Shell just hold it while the universe revolves around her."

Leather helmet
12-06-2018, 12:33 PM
if I may recycle a Genbeau "Shell just hold it while the universe revolves around her."

No Genbeau retrospective would be complete without 'They seemed a bit tired, but I still think they had a Goodyear.'