• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown - 2018-29019

Any Brown fans out there?

Re: Brown - 2018-29019

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post

Yes, and it is good to see them being competitive. Been rough for a few years.

Comment

I think most Brown fans are still too hesitant to come out of the woodwork and be heard yet. I think it's still a wait-and-see situation for most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by knight7 View Post
        Been rough for a few years.
        Yes it has, but they'll always have Durham and that 2002 runner's up. And oh yes, just a couple years before that a brilliant Patty Kazmaier winning goalie.
        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

To me, it is quite a remarkable turnaround so far. Digit Murphy took the program to great success but could not maintain it. Like other Brown sports, admissions and financial aid would not cooperate with recruits the coaches wanted and whose academic records exceeded the Ivy's AI. Successors seemingly had the same problems. I was surprise Bob was let go as he was getting some solid players but never heard what if any other issues were there. New coach, a DIII one at that, took Bob's recruits and has done well with them.

Comment

To me, it is quite a remarkable turnaround so far. Digit Murphy took the program to great success but could not maintain it. Like other Brown sports, admissions and financial aid would not cooperate with recruits the coaches wanted and whose academic records exceeded the Ivy's AI. Successors seemingly had the same problems. I was surprise Bob was let go as he was getting some solid players but never heard what if any other issues were there. New coach, a DIII one at that, took Bob's recruits and has done well with them.
            She may have coached D3 but she was a D1 player. Don't make the mistake of being narrow-minded or judgmental against a D3 coach. They have to do everything to run their programs and typically with only part-time assistants. From what I've heard it's possibly the greatest training ground in coaching college hockey but definitely not meant for everyone especially if you're used to the luxury of being in a D1 program as a player or coach. I think she's doing just fine and has the potential to turn that program around and make them competitive again.

Comment

Not being narrow-minded at all. Just a comment. I am well aware of successful DIII coaches making the jump. Another DIII success story is Greg Fargo, coming from Elmira to Colgate. He was a solid DIII goalie at Elmira. We also know Norm Bazin made a very successful jump from Hamilton to UMass-Lowell. Most DI head coaches, both M and W, seem to come directly from a DI asst coaching position.

Comment

Working...
              X