Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    I think it is an understatement to call Hockey East "weaker." The quality of play is probably the worst I have seen in 30 years of attending PC hockey.
    Zlax thinks PC should decline their bid.

Hopefully his 30 years of attending PC hockey will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
      Says the UNH grad as if he's been a Friars fan for 30 years.
      Been going to PC games since 1989 thanks!
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Congratulations or something...
        Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          No one cares!!! That's the point that you don't get. I've been going to BU games since 1978 and BC games since about the same time but only once or twice a year in the early days to see the Eagles play the Terriers. I went to PC though just like you went to UNH. My point is that you are a graduate of another school trying to play yourself off as part of the PC fan base when in reality you're just a miserable ***** who posts here because you have an axe to grind. I'm not sure if someone from PC stole your girl or if you just finally got sick of UNH going nowhere the last 30 years but it's laughable that you complain about Leaman on the regular as if PC is going to fire him. Now you have an obsession with the performance of a freshman who struggled this year but will most likely get it together and have a very successful career in Providence.
          Today must be a sad day for you because despite all the struggles this year and the fact that Hockey East is having such a down year that Northeastern, UMass and PC should decline their invites to the NCAA tournament, Leaman has gotten the Friars back in the mix AGAIN. They must have a name for someone who continuously invests his time, effort and money into attending something that they hate....

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
            No one cares!!! That's the point that you don't get. I've been going to BU games since 1978 and BC games since about the same time but only once or twice a year in the early days to see the Eagles play the Terriers. I went to PC though just like you went to UNH. My point is that you are a graduate of another school trying to play yourself off as part of the PC fan base when in reality you're just a miserable ***** who posts here because you have an axe to grind. I'm not sure if someone from PC stole your girl or if you just finally got sick of UNH going nowhere the last 30 years but it's laughable that you complain about Leaman on the regular as if PC is going to fire him. Now you have an obsession with the performance of a freshman who struggled this year but will most likely get it together and have a very successful career in Providence.
            Today must be a sad day for you because despite all the struggles this year and the fact that Hockey East is having such a down year that Northeastern, UMass and PC should decline their invites to the NCAA tournament, Leaman has gotten the Friars back in the mix AGAIN. They must have a name for someone who continuously invests his time, effort and money into attending something that they hate....
            Saying Hockey East is probably the worst it has been in 30 years is an opinion that maybe you agree or disagree with but the talent seems down across the conference. The days of Roloson playing at middling Lowell program or Therrien at a middle of a pack PC team are gone.it seemed from about the 90’s through mid 2000’s the conference had teams with legit stars on them. Now the middle of the pack teams don’t. I ask anyone do you remember anyone from Vermont (besides their goalie) or UConn that impressed you?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              Saying Hockey East is probably the worst it has been in 30 years is an opinion that maybe you agree or disagree with but the talent seems down across the conference. The days of Roloson playing at middling Lowell program or Therrien at a middle of a pack PC team are gone.it seemed from about the 90’s through mid 2000’s the conference had teams with legit stars on them. Now the middle of the pack teams don’t. I ask anyone do you remember anyone from Vermont (besides their goalie) or UConn that impressed you?
              You're talking around my point. The point is PC hockey is going to the NCAA tournament again. They are just a few years removed from a national championship and the coach is here for as long as he wants to be. You spent most of the season criticizing an 18 year old who on is worst day is a better player than you could ever hope to be but yet you chirp about him like he stole your girl or stole your last dollar. I know you are a UNH grad and I guess I'm wondering why you continuously post here on the PC thread if you hate the coach, all his decisions and rag on the players. It's beyond pathetic. I don't care what your opinion of the league is because you post here almost on the daily. Why? What did we do to deserve your daily pearls of hockey opinions? Did you get booted from the UNH thread or is it that we get to deal with you now by default? Do you live close so you attend PC games? Just trying to figure out why you post all the time *****ing about a team you seem to really dislike.

Comment

He’s just here to compensate for the attention he doesn’t get at home.
                Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                  You're talking around my point. The point is PC hockey is going to the NCAA tournament again. They are just a few years removed from a national championship and the coach is here for as long as he wants to be. You spent most of the season criticizing an 18 year old who on is worst day is a better player than you could ever hope to be but yet you chirp about him like he stole your girl or stole your last dollar. I know you are a UNH grad and I guess I'm wondering why you continuously post here on the PC thread if you hate the coach, all his decisions and rag on the players. It's beyond pathetic. I don't care what your opinion of the league is because you post here almost on the daily. Why? What did we do to deserve your daily pearls of hockey opinions? Did you get booted from the UNH thread or is it that we get to deal with you now by default? Do you live close so you attend PC games? Just trying to figure out why you post all the time *****ing about a team you seem to really dislike.
                  I have lived near PC my entire life except for my college days...my opinion is just as important as yours. It doesn’t matter!

Comment

I have lived near PC my entire life except for my college days...my opinion is just as important as yours. It doesn’t matter!
                    So in plain English you're a UNH grad who goes to the PC games to get your hockey fix on. Not a big deal. I don't know why it was like pulling teeth to get a straight answer out of you but maybe you just like being a man of mystery. I'm also not one of those "stay off our thread" types so I was really just asking to get some perspective on why someone lives on this thread but hates PC hockey.
                    Basically I think you are probably a bit salty that the University of No Hardware has done nothing in forever and yet the Friars are going to the NCAA...again. You do have fan base that I saw is pretty pumped that you all went from 11th to 9th place roughly in a league that is so down they shouldn't even count the season so that's looking up, right? The topper is you talked smack all year about a kid who would probably drive your two remaining teeth out the back of your fool head if you ever had the balls to tell him your "opinions" in person but we both know that you'd never have the stones to do that. In fact you were given some golden opportunities and noped out of those. True fact is I LOVED your impression of a turtle when a guy offered to buy you beers if you would only have the balls to stand next to him and heckle in person....and in true puss fashion you didn't. So that told me ALMOST everything I needed to know about you. You're basically a puss who outsiders mistake for a PC fan until they read the thread past two of your posts. It's cool, you keep doing you. It just makes a whole lot of sense now.

Comment

Stop in fighting and fight for hockey east.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                        Stop in fighting and fight for hockey east.
                        It isn't in fighting when he ain't one of our own. But thanks for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                          It isn't in fighting when he ain't one of our own. But thanks for your input.
                          Win, gear towards winning.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            Win, gear towards winning.
                            Or else we will steal your g d alternators.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                              Or else we will steal your g d alternators.
                              Those Mainers are tricky.

Bring on the Land Cows.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                Those Mainers are tricky.

Bring on the Land Cows.
                                Looks like Parker and Bertanga in the old days...

https://youtu.be/l-O5IHVhWj0

Comment

Working...
                                X