Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

You guys have a nice free decent streaming service?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Game tonight is on NBCsn Boston for those that cannot get to Schneider....

Comment

I'm a big Friar fan tonight, hope you guys can give us some help lol

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          You guys have a nice free decent streaming service?
          It's not free, which is disappointing, but it's better than a lot of schools. I enjoy Mike Logan a lot - not just because he posts here - and even handed when PC is getting outplayed. He would not stop complementing UMASS on Saturday. For good reason.

In other words, he's not Bernie Corbett, but who is?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Take the tie and get some rest for final against BC.

Tough goal to give up to BU with the two Friars over skating a huge rebound in offensive zone that lead to 4 on 1 break out by BU. Hawkey made first stop but could not stop rebound. Friars owned most of the offensive play in this one but Oettinger and some luck for BU kept the puck out of the net for 2+ periods. Friars goal came on a nice pass from Printz to Dugan with Dugan slipping puck through the 5 hole for the tying goal.

Hawkey despite not having a lot of shots came up with some of his own big stops in this one.

Most likely going to see either BU or Maine for opening round of HE tourney. Guessing Friars will end up 4th, ending up 2nd or 3rd going to need to beat BC and get help from opponents of NU (BC) and UML to get to second. Not sure I would want to see BC coming to Schneider, its like playing ND, give the Friars headaches.

Comment

JoB another 0 stat line with no shots on goal. That is now three straight games without a shot. There was a scramble in front of the BU net and JoB could have put the puck towards the net but skated away from the net with the puck.
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Agree with Zlax'x comment on JoB last night. He had at least 2 opportunities I remember to get decent shots off. Didn't take them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  It's not free, which is disappointing, but it's better than a lot of schools. I enjoy Mike Logan a lot - not just because he posts here - and even handed when PC is getting outplayed. He would not stop complementing UMASS on Saturday. For good reason.

What's wrong with Bernie Corbett, he knows his stuff?

Comment

Bernie is great. I was using him as the bell weather of HE announcers. Plus, mookie is a BU fan so there's that.

We are temporarily more in second place than we were yesterday.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Bernie is in a league by himself. BU is fortunate to have him. Jon-thanks for watching/listening.

Comment

Still in second. Somehow.

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Still in second. Somehow.
                          Because of tiebreakers it’s PC’s to lose. Which of course...we’ll youve been around the block
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                            Because of tiebreakers it’s PC’s to lose. Which of course...we’ll youve been around the block
                            They beat BC and they get the two seed and likely face BC in the playoffs
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              As Mike Logan pointed out to me on another board, not necessarily. Lots of combos left these last games tonight and next week that can jumble the standings with tie breakers possibly coming into play. Better idea of possibilities after tonight's games are done. (agree it could be the most likely scenario though especially if NU beats BC tonight).

With that said, I would not look forward to having BC come back to Schneider a week later playing to get to Boston. Friars just seem to have troubles getting past a BC team.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                They should want to play BC and fans of Friar hockey should want to play BC. Quality program always even in a down year by their standards, who gives PC fits for some reason. If PC is going to be considered successful this year they will have to figure out a way past the Eagles. I love the idea of it. It's like when people talk about the Pats winning the Super Bowl but hope they play weak opponents on their way to get there. Pathetic. Hopefully they play BC in the playoffs. No better opponent to get used to if you hope to make it to the NCAAs.

Comment

Working...
                                X