Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Definitely not feeling optimistic going up against a hot UML team this weekend....very disappointing but still 6 games left to possibly turn things around before HE tourney time...

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
      Hawkey had to be awesome for the friars to get just 3 points from UVM and Maine in 4 games. obviously Leaman has some big problems to correct asap.
      With Duggan, Bjorkvist, Wilkins, Conway, Duhaime, and half the defense core having decent scoring years, this is almost statistically impossible. Yet... here we are.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        With Duggan, Bjorkvist, Wilkins, Conway, Duhaime, and half the defense core having decent scoring years, this is almost statistically impossible. Yet... here we are.
        PC is second in the conference in goals scored per game with 3.17 while first in the conference goals against at 2.06. You would think they would be better but haven't been at all. These are CONFERENCE PLAY ONLY NUMBERS

For the entire season, PC is in the same spots in the conference scoring 3.13 goals a game and 2.00 goals against.

PC is also the lowest in the conference in penalty minutes taken during conference play with 9.8 per game.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

From what I saw PC missed the net a lot. Tends to ring up out of the zone in a hurry when the D are pinching. Sometimes a speedy guy gets by and turns into a shorty or odd man rushes. Imagine gripping the stick less tight and focusing on point shots two inches off the ice from point men low 5 hole would fix things... that is, if forwards can drive net front with stick down.

Comment

PC suspended O’Brien, Dugan, and Callahan up at Maine over the weekend

https://***********/markdivver/statu...850669568?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              PC suspended O’Brien, Dugan, and Callahan up at Maine over the weekend

https://***********/markdivver/statu...850669568?s=21
              teaching moment I guess...

Get on the boat guys....

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                From what I saw PC missed the net a lot. Tends to ring up out of the zone in a hurry when the D are pinching. Sometimes a speedy guy gets by and turns into a shorty or odd man rushes. Imagine gripping the stick less tight and focusing on point shots two inches off the ice from point men low 5 hole would fix things... that is, if forwards can drive net front with stick down.
                "Gripping your stick" is probably exactly what's going on with 4 goals in four games. I can't imagine how we get out of this, but that's why we pay Nate.

Usually this happens in the playoffs - except in 2015, of course.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

"Gripping your stick" is probably exactly what's going on with 4 goals in four games. I can't imagine how we get out of this, but that's why we pay Nate.

Usually this happens in the playoffs - except in 2015, of course.
                  It is the system Nate runs...throw a ton of pucks at the net and hope it deflects of a skate or stick and maybe you get a rebound for an easy goal. It does NOT work consistently thus the reason PC has struggled in the postseason against good teams.

Comment

Two goals?!?!

-Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Two goals?!?!
                      How were they scored? Description helps for us out of towners watching scoreboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        Two goals?!?!
                        Three?!?

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Three?!?
                          That’s the entire offensive output of two weeks in two periods.

-Blackadder
                          -Casablanca
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

****ed off Friars is a good thing. With their recent history that usually lasts for a game or two, or the night. Much needed but that makes me nervous about them regressing tomorrow night.

Comment

That’s the entire offensive output of two weeks in two periods.
                              6-1 final

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Let’s see what happens tonight. UML will probably play like their hair is on fire at the start.

The one good thing about how disappointing this season could be is that the basketball team is worse. Woof.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X