Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Ugly

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
      Ugly
      Another third period fold by the friars this season, this is getting old.

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
        Another third period fold by the friars this season, this is getting old.
        Who is at fault for it? It has to start at the top who continues to try to put a Square peg through a round hole.

Since the Penguins put it out there they were looking at signing Bjorkqvist, he has been a no show. O’Brien was his usual useless tonight screwing up offensive plays, took a stupid penalty, and giving this team absolutely nothing. Koopman is the new Hennessy who gets a ton of scoring chances but can’t actually score.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Hawkey's turnover with 3mins to go was the second time this year he's done this...did against UMASS as well...

So much for a 4 point weekend....

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
            Hawkey's turnover with 3mins to go was the second time this year he's done this...did against UMASS as well...

So much for a 4 point weekend....
            Yea but you aren’t going to win many games scoring one goal,

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              Yea but you aren’t going to win many games scoring one goal,
              Obviously he was not the only to blame, inability to put the puck by Leekas and too much fancy skating no passing by couple of frosh didn't help. We all know that 3 is more often than not the key number for teams under Nate, 1 is almost always a loss.

Friars drop to 17 in PWR with that one, no more margin for error now. Got to believe Cats will be full of confidence tonight. Coaching staff will have much work to get players back on track for tonight. Another loss or tie and we look to HE tourney for only chance for 6 NCAAs in a row. They are almost mirroring what is going on with bball team.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                Obviously he was not the only to blame, inability to put the puck by Leekas and too much fancy skating no passing by couple of frosh didn't help. We all know that 3 is more often than not the key number for teams under Nate, 1 is almost always a loss.

Friars drop to 17 in PWR with that one, no more margin for error now. Got to believe Cats will be full of confidence tonight. Coaching staff will have much work to get players back on track for tonight. Another loss or tie and we look to HE tourney for only chance for 6 NCAAs in a row. They are almost mirroring what is going on with bball team.
                Big difference though....the basketball team wasn’t selected to win their conference. PC hockey has way too many upperclassmen that aren’t getting it done.

Comment

This game is distressingly like last night.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

This game is distressingly like last night.
                    That goal that was wiped out is going to hurt.

-Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Vinny D, an offensive powerhouse.

Comment

That goal that was wiped out is going to hurt.
                        Yep

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Yep
                          The review did show the friars offside. Personally, I believe offsides should not be reviewable, there are 2 linesmen, if they miss the call , no big deal, that's life.

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                            The review did show the friars offside. Personally, I believe offsides should not be reviewable, there are 2 linesmen, if they miss the call , no big deal, that's life.
                            I believe it should be reviewable if it is on the rush they score not after 20 seconds of possession!

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                              The offsides call they made 3 minutes after the fact isn't the reason why they had such a bad weekend - UVM seems like they play in a way guaranteed to frustrate PC and Lekkas was unconscious both nights - but those are the type of bad breaks that happens to struggling teams. Which aside from the NU weekend, PC is very much struggling.

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Tourney or no tourney for PC got our NCAA tickets today. Adult/$83 or Senior/$63 is what they're going for.
                                Saw that Schneider is hosting the womens semis and finals. Anybody going? Considering it for an off-weekend from the mens hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X