• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union, Home & Home, 10/26/18 & 10/27/18

Discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union, Home & Home, 10/26/18 & 10/27/18

Congratulations to #26 on four league points.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Hey, be more optimistic. Maybe Marshall will stand on his head and we'll get out with a 0-0 tie on one of the nights.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I'm curious as to why RPI and Union play both their league games against each other in late October every year. For 2 schools that are 10 miles apart, I'd rather split up the 2 league games so one of them is early on, and the other in say, February. It would certainly excite both fan bases.
        Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
          I'm curious as to why RPI and Union play both their league games against each other in late October every year. For 2 schools that are 10 miles apart, I'd rather split up the 2 league games so one of them is early on, and the other in say, February. It would certainly excite both fan bases.
          Part of it actually fits into your desire, in that the teams play a 3rd game in mid-January. That's the Mayor's Cup, and is a trophy game, so counts for tournament rules (i.e. shootout after OT). Let's couple with that that Union must have the 3rd weekend in November off for final exams so the partnership already has two weekends blocked off, not to mention concerns about when the respective student sections are in town, so for the past gosh knows how long, it's worked out that way, and probably will until at least 2022, since the ECAC devises the non-travel-partner league schedule well in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post

I also believe it also opens up a weekend for other games. Otherwise trying to find one game on the odd days would be impossible.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by unionbob View Post
                I also believe it also opens up a weekend for other games. Otherwise trying to find one game on the odd days would be impossible.
                Not impossible, so much as undesirable.

Let's also consider this: The ECAC is the one who schedules all the non-travel partner games. This year, they have 14 weeks to schedule 10 series. Let's couple into that effectively 6 weeks for non-conference games, a total of 20 weekends (not counting the exhibition week, but sometimes you fit in a game there, as you have proved). One of those 6 is only being used by the WCHA for the most part, the weekend before the Christmas break, so it's effectively 19. You guys require the 3rd weekend of November off for your finals, so we're down to 18. If we were to split up the series entirely, there really isn't any room at all, especially if you want a rest week in there.

Odd days isn't impossible, as we did it in 2009-10 (possibly something a little closer to what Rainman's looking for, albeit one of the four matches was out of chance), but it does prove difficult. RPI could easily make it possible because we still have some relationships from days of yore with the Hockey East teams and could fit in a single game (albeit it was easier when they had 7 NC games, but seeing how that's what the Ivies have there's still an avenue), not to mention UCONN helps with their needs for odd scheduling thanks to sharing an arena with the pros, which is exactly what we're doing prior to the Mayor's Cup. I don't know what sort of relationships there are on Union's side, as they really only have one single game vs. USMA. However, based on the single team, two game series setup that most teams seem to be heading towards, even in HEA, I think we're stuck with home/home for the long haul. At least the trophy game is there to spread it out.

Comment

RPI has some size with 6 starters at 6'2" or higher. RPI TV look to be playing tonights game and ESPN + tomorrow night? Is this right? How does RPI TV work with ESPN + Where, when and how will they be working together?
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                      RPI has some size with 6 starters at 6'2" or higher. RPI TV look to be playing tonights game and ESPN + tomorrow night? Is this right? How does RPI TV work with ESPN + Where, when and how will they be working together?
                      RPI opted out of ESPN+
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                        RPI-TV remains on YouTube, same place as last year. They will not give up to a pay service without compensation.

Comment

What a huge disservice to the program from a supposed 'fan'. Glad the boys made you eat it. You're fired.

Comment

Originally posted by TBone View Post
                            What a huge disservice to the program from a supposed 'fan'. Glad the boys made you eat it. You're fired.
                            Did they end up overlooking us on Friday? Did they play their backup? Did we pull the win out from that? That's what I thought. Take the thumb out of your rear and learn the joys of reverse psychology.

Comment

Did they end up overlooking us on Friday? Did they play their backup? Did we pull the win out from that? That's what I thought. Take the thumb out of your rear and learn the joys of reverse psychology.
                              You sure use a lot of reverse psychology. You're a joke and we all know it. Most of the stuff you write is pure garbage. You are the single reason many RPI fans don't post anymore. Just letting you know you aren't fooling anybody.

Comment

Working...
                              X