Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SUNYAC Preview

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    And the reason I said you don't really know who put in a qualified bid to host is because it takes many factors to consider whether a facility is qualified to host a national championship event. And it's not just infrastructure. Staff is considered as well. As are hotel availability. Ease of travel. Closeness to an airport. Just too many unknowns to know how that goes.
    But aren't those all "knowns"? Were all the required factors specified, or was it just "we'll see what we get and go from there with what we think is important"?
    Oswego State 1980 Grad
    (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
      But aren't those all "knowns"? Were all the required factors specified, or was it just "we'll see what we get and go from there with what we think is important"?
      But you don’t know how they weigh them. And yes, the required factors are known (like there must be enough hotel rooms within 30 miles). It’s all spelled out in the application forms.

Generally speaking, when it’s at campus sites the top seeded team gets to host it, as long as they have a valid bid.

However, there were times for one reason or another when that was not true even if the top seed had a valid bid.

I’m just saying I believe this year they will try everything they can to put it out west. Even though I was told by a committee member this is not the case.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        But you don’t know how they weigh them.
        AAARRRGGGHH! Back to the smoke-filled rooms.

Agree with you about the out west part.
        Oswego State 1980 Grad
        (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Once again the middle of the pack is very competitive and will come down to the last game as to who will be seeded where from 3-6. The game that has me interested tonight is the non conference game of Canton and Genny. It will be a very good mental test for Canton tonight. Will the Canton team be the one that has beaten Plattsburgh and Adrian?? If it is Genny will have thier hands full.
          Oswego '88

Comment

I agree Geneseo will have a lot to handle with the Roos. It’s a long bus ride for just one game, but hopefully since it’s just one game it’s easier to focus on the task at hand.
            #OneKnight

Comment

• Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
              Once again the middle of the pack is very competitive and will come down to the last game as to who will be seeded where from 3-6. The game that has me interested tonight is the non conference game of Canton and Genny. It will be a very good mental test for Canton tonight. Will the Canton team be the one that has beaten Plattsburgh and Adrian?? If it is Genny will have thier hands full.
              Oswego '88
              And again, is beating a sub .500 team really something to hang your hat on as a "good win"? At least Adrian is relevant on the National level. Plattsburgh has a very realistic shot of not getting to 10 wins....yes....10...
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Oswego '88
                So much for that idea...
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

https://twitter.com/GeneseoKnights/s...82533866876928
                  #OneKnight

Comment

Well Genny was the contender last night and Oswego was the pretender last night. Good for Genny. Genny stays mentally tough and we had a mental let down.
                    Oswego '88

Comment

Well Genny was the contender last night and Oswego was the pretender last night. Good for Genny. Genny stays mentally tough and we had a mental let down.
                      Oswego '88
                      The Goalies took the night off, but the team played with the highest level of compete we may have seen yet halfway through the 2nd. If they can figure out how to bring that again then Gennesseo has competition.

Comment

• Since my horse threw another shoe in its own barn last night, I want to see a great race.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                          Since my horse threw another shoe in its own barn last night, I want to see a great race.
                          well we all know the regular season means only home ice advantage,after that it is one and done so the birds still have a fighting chance,along with many others..

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                            well we all know the regular season means only home ice advantage,after that it is one and done so the birds still have a fighting chance,along with many others..
                            They played well enough to win, just can't bury the biscuit.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                              They played well enough to win, just can't bury the biscuit.
                              Or play defense. Those turnovers... yikes.

Owens has to sit out Friday’s game correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
                                Or play defense. Those turnovers... yikes.

Owens has to sit out Friday’s game correct?
                                Judging by box score, No. only game disqualifications are an automatic sit out the next game by NCAA rules.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X