Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

hey hey hey ... we just slipped into the rankings at #20!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

They will need a sweep this weekend to stay there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        They will need a sweep this weekend to stay there.

then lets go do it!!
        Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
          hey hey hey ... we just slipped into the rankings at #20!
          Just the tip, just to see how it feels? /WeddingCrashers
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Do you remember the 5-2 loss to Denver in the NCAA's in Cincy? To me, the biggest take away from that was just how quick the Denver team was and how it gave them the opportunity to win battles and turn the puck around very quickly. Our guys struggled to defend against it. If there is one area we need to improve on, that would be it, IMHO.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              Do you remember the 5-2 loss to Denver in the NCAA's in Cincy? To me, the biggest take away from that was just how quick the Denver team was and how it gave them the opportunity to win battles and turn the puck around very quickly. Our guys struggled to defend against it. If there is one area we need to improve on, that would be it, IMHO.
              Denver still has a hockey team??
              Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                Denver still has a college hockey team??
                Not that anyone in Denver cares about, based on their attendance.
                Ryan
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  That was very noticeable against UMD the first weekend of the year, as they were able to control the game because they constantly had the puck. Within the WCHA, Tech is one of the few teams that can expose an opponent in the same way. They've gotten much better in the past 4-5 years in this regard, but still have a ways to go to before they can be one of the elite teams overall.

Comment

Exhibit A, the stretch pass to Broetzmann minutes after the previous goal, the Beretta pass to Parrottino and the goal in such tight space, this team is improving, I think we will be ready when the Mankato, BG series are here. Another data point this week.

Go Huskies!!
                    Last edited by Huskiefan906; 12-04-2018, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pbr View Post
                      That was very noticeable against UMD the first weekend of the year, as they were able to control the game because they constantly had the puck. Within the WCHA, Tech is one of the few teams that can expose an opponent in the same way. They've gotten much better in the past 4-5 years in this regard, but still have a ways to go to before they can be one of the elite teams overall.
                      If you use the UMD game several key things. UMD already played a game. Tech had a slew of new players, UMD had a slew of returning players. Had high hopes for Tech in that series but it was just too early for Tech against such a veteran team.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                        If you use the UMD game several key things. UMD already played a game. Tech had a slew of new players, UMD had a slew of returning players. Had high hopes for Tech in that series but it was just too early for Tech against such a veteran team.
                        This is all well and good but the quickness i'm referring to is a 50/50 puck type of thing. When the puck is bouncing around and you end up with it and moving forward vs them ending up with it and moving forward.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20181205o42tw1

Comment

Grant Potulny's comments about the Huskies:

(begins at 3:22 of video) ... https://youtu.be/RJvoK8ykXZ0?t=202

Comment

Pairwise and KRACH both have us at #18
                              Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                                Grant Potulny's comments about the Huskies:

(begins at 3:22 of video) ... https://youtu.be/RJvoK8ykXZ0?t=202
                                sandbagger. remember when Walt Kyle can to Blue Line lunch and cried crocodile tears about how good Tech was and his kids were still learning how to lace their skates? And NMU went on to hammer us. Both games.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Working...
                                X