Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    You know i'm all for religion but i think it's a mistake to wear it on your sleeve. Show your beliefs by your actions not your words. But it is just mho.
    Did I miss something? I didn't see religion mentioned in the article. (Although it was on my phone at 80 mph [emoji2958])

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      Did I miss something? I didn't see religion mentioned in the article. (Although it was on my phone at 80 mph [emoji2958])

yeah, I'm a little lost as to where this comment was going as well...
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

That article didn't mention it at all, but Joe's been not-so-subtly hinting at it in the occasional Tweet or comment during interviews when discussing the team. I think it also played a role in picking the assistants.

That said, I wouldn't worry too much about it yet.

Comment

I don't care what religion, if any, the coaches and/or players follow. I just want them to play good hockey and win a bunch of games. Nor do I care if they profess their faith on social media or during interviews. I draw the line when they tell me I'm not welcome at the Mac because I am an atheist.

I love this team as God has loved Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
            I don't care what religion, if any, the coaches and/or players follow. I just want them to play good hockey and win a bunch of games. Nor do I care if they profess their faith on social media or during interviews. I draw the line when they tell me I'm not welcome at the Mac because I am an atheist.

I love this team as God has loved Jesus.

Fade has it right. Sorry, I was airborne.
            What i'm saying also is that while i'm presonally fine with it, not everyone is. Some recruits might not be, and that doesn't mean they won't be a good fit here. I'd say most recruits are A-religious, they don't go to church much, and if they did, they might go to a church that disagrees with yours. Heck they might be a Hindu like a player we once had might have been.
            So, I think if you advertise this, you are going to alienate some recruits or someone else who otherwise could help you win games. I say walk softly and carry a big stick. Also there are numerous places in the bible where Christ says by advertising you are doing wrongly. I'd rather their acts, and the way they live their lives do the talking for them.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
              We have a commitment from Brendan Datema, a 19-year-old defenseman currently playing for Amarillo (NAHL). He is second on the team in scoring (11G and 11A in 19 games) and plus/minus (+14).
              At 6'5" 219 he'll add some size on the backend. And what has been described as an NHL quality shot should add some scoring.. let's hope so. He was the NAHL Defenseman of the Month for September. On another note Tech recruit Gabe Temple was a Honorable Mention for Offensive Player of the Month for September as well.

Sounds like we are "getting the band back together." In this case the band being Victory Honda 16U from a few years back. Recruits Richartz and Temple were the top two scorers for the 2016-2017 team. While Datema was on the 2015-16 team that was National Runner-Up..

A Happy Thanksgivinig to all.... Go Huskies!

Comment

Anyone know if Jackson or Gould will be able to go this weekend? We need their speed on the ice.

Comment

Don't know about Gould. As for Jackson, I was lead to believe that fingers are crossed that he's back by the GLI.

Comment

Man, they're playing the hits already:

"Devin would probably like to have that one back."
                    "[The Huskies] just couldn't find the back of the net."

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                      Man, they're playing the hits already:

"Devin would probably like to have that one back."
                      "[The Huskies] just couldn't find the back of the net."
                      It does have that old familiar ring to it.. doesn't it.

Comment

Will take the win and the points. But there still some things to work on. Need a big effort tomorrow and get the sweep

Comment

The Huskies were pedal to the metal from the drop of the puck. The breakout was strong all night. Guys were in the greasy areas. They played a fine game.

Comment

Go Huskies!

Comment

59 shots later Tech wins 7-2. That's how you finish off a sweep.. Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                                59 shots later Tech wins 7-2. That's how you finish off a sweep.. Go Huskies!
                                Over 100 on the weekend. Nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X