This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH 2018-19: Souza The Opportunity

Take a tie on the road and a win at home......oops.

Comment

I'll take it...at least not another loss at Conte. And, they are so close with so many little things that when they come together...at least, that's what I saw. Felt Robinson was huge in net...a points a point. Crazy...5 OT's this season.
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

1 we want more!
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Can't put the puck in the net, can't hold on to a lead when they get it.

Growing pains. LOTS and LOTS of growing pains.

This team is going to lose a lot more close games, and have a lot more ties. How many will they win? Calling it now.... 5 wins. That's it.

Hope that they prove me wrong at the end of the season!
          UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post

This team is going to lose a lot more close games, and have a lot more ties. How many will they win? Calling it now.... 5 wins. That's it.

Yup, my over on 13.5 wins in the pre-season contest is not looking good right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Yup, my over on 13.5 wins in the pre-season contest is not looking good right now.
              It's obvious we have to get production out of guys like Patrick Grasso who's yet to score this season. I still think we had 2 really decent periods; but that's not going to be good enough Sunday. Let's Go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                It's obvious we have to get production out of guys like Patrick Grasso who's yet to score this season. I still think we had 2 really decent periods; but that's not going to be good enough Sunday. Let's Go 'Cats!!
                I meant to write earlier that the lines seemed new to me tonight, so maybe they will begin to jell at some point?

Meanwhile, our Cats are now tied for 50th in the PWR with the Yellow Jackets - buzzzzz!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

At this point I'm not sure we can expect much else (at the moment) with a team that's playing as many Freshman? (Who I think are really coming along and work hard) Not that that's an excuse...but it comes down to that plus just not seeing (as of yet) a heck of a lot from some of our veterans scoring wise which we could surely benefit from...but yep...growing pains. You can't expect to win when you can't quite yet put together a 60 minute game against a team like BC, let alone UMass tomorrow! They are just going to have to push through and learn HOW to keep a lead once you get it...the goal scoring will come as we have more than capable players. Personally I liked the tenaciousness of our game last night...that was a big improvement and it made a difference. I believe the 'Cats have good leadership on the ice which helps as well.

Wanted to add to this post some positives that have been happening within these tight games. Charlie Kelleher is doing a great job dishing out many assists while both Jackson Pierson and Ara Nazarian are on point streaks in these past few games.

Anyway looking towards tomorrow; wonder if Souza sticks with Robinson?
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-17-2018, 08:32 PM.

Comment

HockeyRef,

Yes, I would go with Robinson tomorrow if I were the head coach. Next weekend against Miami I would give Robinson and Taylor one game each.

If my memory is correct the team has not scored four goals in a game for 10 months, versus Brown early January. We have scored three goals in only two games this season. The coaches and players must understand their skill sets and accept playing a team system that will help them to score more goals per game. Forget about the fancy goals and focus on scoring the ugly goals.

Comment

• I'd stick with a rotation through the new year at least. I expect Taylor to play tonight. I don't think goalie matters tonight as much as doing a better job in their own end against UMass and finding a way (any way!) to finally pop in more than a pair of goals...
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        I'd stick with a rotation through the new year at least. I expect Taylor to play tonight. I don't think goalie matters tonight as much as doing a better job in their own end against UMass and finding a way (any way!) to finally pop in more than a pair of goals...
                        Hey Dan game is tomorrow at 2 and will be on NESN (Plus that is!)
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-18-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Coach Souza split goalie duties last weekend after Robinson posted a respectable 2-2 road tie at UMass Lowell, and Taylor gave a good-not-great performance next in a 3-2 OT loss.

After another respectable 2-2 road tie at BC by Robinson, expect Taylor to face the Amherst Red Army.
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            Coach Souza split goalie duties last weekend after Robinson posted a respectable 2-2 road tie at UMass Lowell, and Taylor gave a good-not-great performance next in a 3-2 OT loss.

After another respectable 2-2 road tie at BC by Robinson, expect Taylor to face the Amherst Red Army.
                            Souzacats up 2-0 in both of Robinson's recent ties, until 17:47 in third at Tsongas and until 2:19 in third at Conte. Ouch. One point per weekend ain't going to get us the promised land.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Souzacats up 2-0 in both of Robinson's recent ties, until 17:47 in third at Tsongas and until 2:19 in third at Conte. Ouch. One point per weekend ain't going to get us the promised land.
                              I'm thinking it doesn't matter who he plays to be honest as has been mentioned, but, I bet he goes with Robinson...just speculating. And oh...ouch is right But that was then, this is now...what will we do with today? Let's go 'Catttsss!!!
                              Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-18-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                I'm thinking it doesn't matter who he plays to be honest as has been mentioned, but, I bet he goes with Robinson...just speculating. And oh...ouch is right But that was then, this is now...what will we do with today? Let's go 'Catttsss!!!
                                I'll admit, it's fun not knowing for sure who gets the start in goal. Agree or disagree with his choices, but I think all would agree there was about a 98% predictability factor for who Coach Umile would select for any given game. I'm only guessing Taylor because in an almost identical scenario last weekend, Souza moved to Taylor after a solid Robinson performance, and Taylor also gave a solid performance in his latest start. Taylor's first start was a dud, so he sat for a few games, and now he may be back in favor. If it was Umile in charge today, Robinson would be back in there. Souza seems to want to rotate the guys, which is unlike Umile (and probably the right call under the circumstances) ...

… now watch him go and start Lazzaro …
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X