X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH 2018-19: Souza The Opportunity

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    UNH presses hard with some nice chances but can't equalize. The UNH players who played 6x5 the last 3 minutes are gassed sticks on knees. They went for it, nice finish...

First period d-zone struggles too much to overcome...
    Yeah that's pretty much the story, and being on the PK for what seemed to be so long didn't help matters either when you need puck possession. Glad that Naz got the A and we'll have work to do this week. Interesting weekend; not all lost but tonight was challenging in the first (as was mentioned) Looking forward to seeing them in person next weekend onto Vermont.
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Got in the car and the CC radio broadcast drop a brutal stat - UNH Hockey, one win since last Christmas...

I assume that's correct. Bummer.

---

Edit - it is correct. UNH is 1-18-6 in its last 25 dating back to December 9. Need to beat UVM and get some confidence...
      Last edited by Dan; 10-20-2018, 10:57 PM.
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Got in the car and the CC radio broadcast drop a brutal stat - UNH Hockey, one win since last Christmas...

No better time to get a W than against cross state rival UVM next Saturday!
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          No better time to get a W than against cross state rival UVM next Saturday!
          That would be great...we haven't beaten UVM at home in awhile. Now's the time to do it...
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            That would be great...we haven't beaten UVM at home in awhile. Now's the time to do it...
            UVM beat Michigan! As UNH ever beaten Michigan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              A girl can dream!?! Thinking (without looking) the last time we even played MIchigan was the 13-14 season and I believe we tied and lost 1-0 that weekend. Regardless looking forward to seeing the ‘Cats for myself this weekend at home.
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Yes, at Yost in 2004. That weekend they played Michigan on Friday night then played MSU Sunday afternoon. Kevin Regan’s first game I believe. In between,,on Saturday, the Red Sox got hammered by the Yankees, 19-7. We watched that game in an Ann Arbor sports bar where most hardly cared about the outcome. It was surreal to be outside the Sox/Yanks, Boston/NY vortex. Of course, the best was yet to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

---

Edit - it is correct. UNH is 1-18-6 in its last 25 dating back to December 9. Need to beat UVM and get some confidence...
                  Looked at that too last night when you posted it...was tough to watch esp when 11 of those losses were by one goal (if I counted that right). Well folks it’s been two weekends of play; thought we got on a decent track of sorts Friday but last night was obviously going to be an uphill climb after that first period.

Really want to see what they do with those other ‘Cats this weekend. While two weekends do not make a season would love to hear objective commentary about where we are at this point. And was happy to see Naz getting the A, but curious as to why that was delayed maybe they felt they needed that extra leader on the ice? He’s most deserving just wondering.

Lots of guys got decent playing time this weekend so I would speculate that the coaches will have some decisions to make about who goes where. Really like what we are seeing from the frosh esp Angus C, Jackson and MacKinnon!
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Saturday's home opener start time should be changed to 4:00 PM. Go Sox!
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Beat them in '99 to get to the Frozen Four
                      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                        Saturday's home opener start time should be changed to 4:00 PM. Go Sox!
                        Seeing how that 'could be' the night the Sox win the WS, I heartily agree!!! Thinking we'll head to Libby's after...
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

NEW WIS CONTEST - GUESS COACH SOUZA'S FIRST WIN?

It's almost ludicrous to point to a game in October and say it's a "must win" proposition, but this coming weekend's home opener against UVM may be as close as it ever gets to such an occasion. As pointed out by a few posters in the last 24 hours, your UNH Wildcats have incredibly won a grand total of one (1) game during the 2018 calendar year, and looking at the rest of the pre-break 2018 schedule (UNH does return from the break with one final 2018 game, hosting the high-flying Falcons of Bentley on Dec. 30th), it's hard to find any "cupcakes" waiting to be devoured.

Of course, channeling the conventional wisdom of the last few seasons, you'll all recall the saying that "if you can't spot the cupcakes on your schedule, then YOU'RE the cupcake". So after the Catamounts leave town next weekend, the UNH schedule is dotted with the likes of Providence, BU, BC, and the Amherst Red Army, among other lesser lights. So if the first W does not arrive next weekend … when does it arrive? Dan's alma mater Miami, with two home games on the trot? Providence at home, which may have been the last quality W of the Umile Era around that same time last season? Does it take until Dartmouth?? Or is there an unlikely upset W lurking out there?

Just to put my $$$ where my mouth is, I'll pick the November 3rd game against the Amherst Red Army. But UNH may be an underdog for every game until Miami arrives (or maybe even Dartmouth?).

I'm hoping I'm wrong, but with some winnable games already having been squandered, WIS also sets the over/under for wins before the break at a modest 3.5 - down from the 4.5 set in the preseason line. Again, remember - the Bentley game is after the break, although technically still a 2018 game. So … here's the schedule, take your pick(s), and please take it in stride as a fun exercise during a season where the measuring stick of progress is going to be on other less easily measured things.

Oct. 27 Vermont
                          Nov. 3 Massachusetts Chuck
                          Nov. 9 @ UMass Lowell
                          Nov. 10 (13) Boston University
                          Nov. 16 @ (18) Boston College
                          Nov. 18 @ Massachusetts
                          Nov. 23 Miami
                          Nov. 24 Miami
                          Nov. 30 @ (5) Providence
                          Dec. 1 (5) Providence
                          Dec. 7 @ Dartmouth
                          Dec. 8 Dartmouth
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Seeing how that 'could be' the night the Sox win the WS, I heartily agree!!! Thinking we'll head to Libby's after...
                            Pretty optimistic, don't you think? I'd be happy for them just to win it. Asking for four straight AGAIN is a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              Just to put my $$$ where my mouth is, I'll pick the November 3rd game against the Amherst Red Army.
                              The same Amherst team that just beat #1 Ohio State?

Comment

Without checking the schedule to see if it is possible, maybe UNH will play BU and BC in the battle of the win-less teams.

edit: it is possible!
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X