Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Love Raikkonen’s honesty!!!!
    https://youtu.be/IIjxeaoP7u0
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 11-24-2018, 10:53 PM.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      https://youtu.be/IIjxeaoP7u0
      🤣
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Come on people, a 2 game unbeaten streak! Oh YEAH! It must be the high of watching the Polish Princess dagger Stone on consecutive nights, absolutely fantastic.

Did I see it right that all upper level tickets are 10 bucks the rest of the season?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
          Badgers lack of offensive skill is glaring in this 3 on 3 overtime. Michigan is literally skating circles around the Badgers. They dont have the offensive skill to make a lot of plays.

There was a 3 on 1 tonight where the dude with the puck didnt even pretend to try to make a play or pass it to a guy in the slot or backdoor. He just kept his head down and shot it from a bad angle below the hash marks. No play making ability. Looks like we have a bunch of 3rd and 4th line forwards on the team (who will stay for 4 years). Except Weissbach. Might help explain the PP being horrible.

I'm not ripping on the effort they gave tonight. They played hard and had tons of chances based on that effort. It was just glaring to me how much more naturally talented the Michigan forwards are.
          MI has 5 F's off the NTDP, none are freshmen, and two of whom will likely play in the NHL next year. (Norris and Lockwood) Plus Quinn Hughes, who will also be in the NHL next year, plays like a 4th forward. WI has one in Sean Dhooghe off the NTDP.

MI played 2 Freshman F's on the 4th line. WI played 5. Gorniak, a dozen games removed from WI HS hockey, on the 2nd with 2 Sophs, all of the third, and one on the 4th. A glance at the roster tells you that MI is way more skilled and experienced up front.

It's no secret that WI cannot run and gun with a team like Michigan this year. They probably have the 6th or 7th most skilled and experienced group of F's in the B1G, especially without Linus. (Which is why not getting in Ranta was such a huge deal.) As Tony has said multiple times, when this team doesn't play the right way the whole game, it's just an average team.

Good things:

MI PP is 5 future NHL'ers and was 6th in the country coming in. WI went 11-11 on the PK including big kills with the game on the line both nights.

WI had the game on their sticks 4 or 5 times in the second, and at least a couple more in the third. Didn't go in, which is disappointing, but not nearly as disappointing as never being in that position.

The PP got a big goal, but just as important, it produced a number of good chances rather than just sucking the life out of the team, which has obviously been the case.

Berry (.972 sv%) and the Finnish Hammer (.934 sv% plus the SO win) were both very good on the weekend, in part because of the excellent D-zone play in front of them, but also of their own accord.

Biggest thing was that they didn't fold up and panic when things went against them, which has been an Achilles heel all year. They sucked it up and played better the next shift.

No idea if it will carry forward, but this was a good weekend for the Badgers with growth in a lot of areas that they needed to be better in. Split on the road against a ranked team that has wins against top ten PSU and Notre Dame is a good weekend for any team.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            Oh stop already. I'm sure your happy with the tie in a game we dominated.

Bad teams don't win close games. And we didn't win.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I would not say the Badgers "dominated" the game, although they played quite well. I'd say quality scoring chances were even at best, probably in MI's favor in total. True that the Badgers had plenty of good chances to score, though.

Is MI a bad team for not winning 2 consecutive close games at home then? Or is it just the Badgers that are the bad team?
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Good to see Lebby back in net. Likely get Weissbach back next weekend as well.

Zimmer-Malone-Johnson
              Weissbach-Baker-Dhooghe
              Ahcan-Mersch-Caufield
              Gorniak-Messner-Zirbel

Miller-Emberson
              Kalynuk-Ess
              Tischke-Inamoto

Lebedeff
              Berry

Not terrible.

As for this past weekend. Good to not lose a game. Really wish we could’ve won yesterday being up 2-0. I don’t know how faceoffs continue to be so bad. 20 for 63 (32%) on Friday and 26 for 70 (37%) on Saturday. Winning less than 40% is a pure coaching error. This has been a recurring theme for at least two years. Last year the only player to be consistently around 50% was Frederic. Besides that, a few good things happened. Penalty kill was a perfect 11-for-11. Power play was 1-for-9 (at least they got one, eh?). Responded well on Saturday after they were heavily out shot on Friday. Two ties in a top 20 team’s barn ain’t a bad thing.

And the gophers lost to Michigan State. So there’s that

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                I would not say the Badgers "dominated" the game, although they played quite well. I'd say quality scoring chances were even at best, probably in MI's favor in total. True that the Badgers had plenty of good chances to score, though.

Is MI a bad team for not winning 2 consecutive close games at home then? Or is it just the Badgers that are the bad team?
                Are they 2-6-2 in their last 10? Nope, they are 5-3-2.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  Stats after the weekend:

PWR 38th of 60
                  GPG 2.92 26th dropped 10 spots
                  GAA 3.08 36th dropped 1 spot
                  PP% 18.5% 28th dropped 3 spots
                  PK% 71.19% 57th dropped 3 spots (hey on the bright side we can only drop three more spots at most)
                  Pen Minutes 15.92 8th (up one spot in a category up is bad)

Frustrating statistics.....
                  Stats after Michigan weekend 11/25

PWR 37th of 60
                  GPG 2.71 dropped another 10 spots to tie for 36th
                  GAA 2.86 moved up 6 spots to 30th
                  PP% 17.4% 35th dropped 7 spots
                  PK% 75.71% 53rd up 4 spots
                  Pen Minutes 15.36 stayed at 8th worst

bottom half of college hockey in every category..... Lots to improve.....
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    Good things:

MI PP is 5 future NHL'ers and was 6th in the country coming in. WI went 11-11 on the PK including big kills with the game on the line both nights.

WI had the game on their sticks 4 or 5 times in the second, and at least a couple more in the third. Didn't go in, which is disappointing, but not nearly as disappointing as never being in that position.

The PP got a big goal, but just as important, it produced a number of good chances rather than just sucking the life out of the team, which has obviously been the case.

Berry (.972 sv%) and the Finnish Hammer (.934 sv% plus the SO win) were both very good on the weekend, in part because of the excellent D-zone play in front of them, but also of their own accord.

Biggest thing was that they didn't fold up and panic when things went against them, which has been an Achilles heel all year. They sucked it up and played better the next shift.

No idea if it will carry forward, but this was a good weekend for the Badgers with growth in a lot of areas that they needed to be better in. Split on the road against a ranked team that has wins against top ten PSU and Notre Dame is a good weekend for any team.
                    Thanks for the report.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Off subject and not a Badger thing, Chicago traded Madison/Verona's Nick Schmaltz to AZ for a couple guys.
                      Have fun in hockey anonymity. 😛

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Quick football note: it as CRITICAL for Paul Chryst to reach out to Graham Mertz after saturday’s Debacle and to his credit he did.

Wisconsin has had but one good QB (Wilson) since i’ve Been actively following them (1984) and it’s imperative they make Mertz the priority meaning Tailor the offense around him (get a real passing game) and start him as a freshman tbh. He’s already miles ahead of Hornibrook (the left-handed Stave) and better than the rest on the bench.

Ok back to pucks. The Finn is the real deal in goal. I wonder if he’s as funny as Raikkonen? 🤣
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          Quick football note: it as CRITICAL for Paul Chryst to reach out to Graham Mertz after saturday’s Debacle and to his credit he did.

Wisconsin has had but one good QB (Wilson) since i’ve Been actively following them (1984) and it’s imperative they make Mertz the priority meaning Tailor the offense around him (get a real passing game) and start him as a freshman tbh. He’s already miles ahead of Hornibrook (the left-handed Stave) and better than the rest on the bench.

Ok back to pucks. The Finn is the real deal in goal. I wonder if he’s as funny as Raikkonen? ��
                          And nice job Coach Chryst for removing your shoes!

back to hockey

Comment

I had no idea about this side of Cujo's background. Not the kind of story you expect about how a hockey player grew up.

https://deadspin.com/why-an-nhl-lege...nta-1830665478
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                And nice job Coach Chryst for removing your shoes!

back to hockey
                                He had to make that trip to explain that ****ing debacle last Saturday and get down on his knees and beg Graham to sign and stay 3 years! 😁

Comment

Working...
                                X