Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    I don't remember the last time I ever saw this type of scoreline for this particular team.

BC lost 7-0 at home last night. To St. Cloud. 7-0.

Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
      It's "bring a friend night" and there are some free passes floating around so hopefully it will be a decent crowd. Sox will only be 3-4 innings in by the time it's over, I'm ok with that.

By the way, think it'll be Wall on Friday and give Hernberg another chance against Bentley or does Wall get the start until he falters?
      I think you are right about the crowd being decent tonight. I know of few people going tonight that I didn't think would.

Comment

That was.... ugly.

Comment

Lots of wandering defensemen tonight being aggressive at the wrong time
          Tully Rink Rat
          Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
          Youngstar
          UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            That was.... ugly.
            We are slow and disorganized but young. And a big group of forwards coming . Joe aj cj kap not coming through the door

Comment

That was.... ugly.
              Yup, it went all down hill after the first period. NU was faster, quicker and more aggressive. They put on a passing clinic compared to what the Hawks were able to do. The Hawks need to find some offense. Hopefully they play better tomorrow night.

Comment

That was.... ugly.
                Yep.

I said this last after last year ended. We were paying a little bit of the debt due because while we could have changed some of our recruiting methods at some point during the successful seasons, we really didn't, and eventually talent does win out. This year is continuing what's going on. For the opposite side of things, see what's happening at Providence. I do think this team will be a lot better next season, but this is setting up to be a rebuilding type year again.

Also, don't look now, but the other UMass is legit. And they just picked up a 4.25* recruit this week (and another good one today). I'm glad we're starting to get some younger kids to commit, but it took too long to change that process.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Did Lohin get hurt in Miami last weekend?

I noticed Lucas Condotta also got Sec 114'd I wonder if his multiple penalties showing last week had something to do with that

Tyler Wall also kept that game in check but he can only do so much between the pipes.
                  Tully Rink Rat
                  Youngstar
                  UML Class of 09

Comment

Lucas does play a physical game

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                      Did Lohin get hurt in Miami last weekend?

I noticed Lucas Condotta also got Sec 114'd I wonder if his multiple penalties showing last week had something to do with that

Tyler Wall also kept that game in check but he can only do so much between the pipes.
                      I'm not sure if Lohin is hurt. Norm may have sat him for the terrible penalty he took late in last Saturday's game.

Hopefully Condotta is back in the lineup tonight. The Hawks can use his physical play, they didn't win too many puck battles last night.

I have no problem with the goaltending so far this year.

Comment

Men's XC won the AE Conference Championship today! 2nd time for that after winning the Indoor Title last winter. Maybe it will rub off.

Comment

Well, they beat a team last night that they should beat on paper it looks like they had a full 60-minute effort last night. Nice to Lucas bounce back and get on the scoring sheet last night with the insurance put in
                          Tully Rink Rat
                          Youngstar
                          UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                            Well, they beat a team last night that they should beat on paper it looks like they had a full 60-minute effort last night. Nice to Lucas bounce back and get on the scoring sheet last night with the insurance put in
                            It was also nice to see Nick Master get a couple of goals. The newest River Hawk, Derek Osik, almost had one too. A good win, next up a tough road trip to Maine. Need to get some league points. Hopefully Ryan Lohin will be available.

Comment

I've noticed a lot of buzz today on twitter regarding UConn's new arena plans. Apparently only 500 of the 2,500 seats will have chair backs

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...0/30_U-Con.php

FWIW, Bentley's new arena (with many more real seats) cost roughly the same amount...

Comment

River Hawks and Minutemen announce Kennedy Cup Challenge.

Comment

Working...
                                X