Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    If Jupiter aligns with Mars and Marchand gets suspended and plays two weeks with the RiverHawks, then, yes, you can get an at-large bid...
    Last year, everything literally had to go right for Minnesota-Duluth to even get into the tournament, and it did, and then they won the whole thing. Mock all you want, but things can and do sometimes happen. At least Lowell still has a shot an an at-large bid, unlike BU.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
      Last year, everything literally had to go right for Minnesota-Duluth to even get into the tournament, and it did, and then they won the whole thing. Mock all you want, but things can and do sometimes happen. At least Lowell still has a shot an an at-large bid, unlike BU.
      Go to church and pray with me together

Comment

Miracles do happen little giants win but 5 weeks I haven't nothing positive about going on a roll again late goal vs Merrimack NH looked the better team most of the time and we're not dynamite at home so it goes I ll be their rooting and hoping

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
          Don't put much money on it
          I don't see why not. In the last 10 years, the Hockey East semis were the 1-2-3-4 seeds only 3 times.

Comment

Lowell has to play its 200 ft game to win this series. Given how BU just collapsed in on itself last week in Orono Lowell needs to strike first and fast and get into Ottinger's head. I believe Lowell scored within the first 5 mins of their win against BU back in December. BU isn't much of a team, but more of a group that is a collective of talent. When things don't go right for them, they crumble. But if you keep them in the game they can burn you with their high talent level.

Last week against Maine I observed BU's defensemen like to cheat and put themselves into a position where they can jump into a play quickly in their attacking zone. Puck retrieval and winning the body game will be huge this week against them. I would even suggest trying to fly the zone like we saw last week, albeit unsuccessfully. Hopefully, they can hit on a couple of the passes this week.
            Tully Rink Rat
            Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
            Youngstar
            UML Class of 09

Comment

• Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
              Lowell has to play its 200 ft game to win this series. Given how BU just collapsed in on itself last week in Orono Lowell needs to strike first and fast and get into Ottinger's head. I believe Lowell scored within the first 5 mins of their win against BU back in December. BU isn't much of a team, but more of a group that is a collective of talent. When things don't go right for them, they crumble. But if you keep them in the game they can burn you with their high talent level.

Last week against Maine I observed BU's defensemen like to cheat and put themselves into a position where they can jump into a play quickly in their attacking zone. Puck retrieval and winning the body game will be huge this week against them. I would even suggest trying to fly the zone like we saw last week, albeit unsuccessfully. Hopefully, they can hit on a couple of the passes this week.
              Goals hsve been a problem

Comment

Goals hsve been a problem
                I think puck retrieval and establishing zone times are the bigger problems. They are not even getting good looks at the net because the forechecking has not been there. Lowell generates its best chances when working from the goal line up to the blue line when in the attacking zone. Downtown's goal last week was this exact type of scenairo. They won a battle for the puck beneathe the goal line and he got the space to get to the front of the net with the puck. Win the battles and get guys to the front of the net and the goals will come.

Playing disciplined hockey is another area they need to improve upon from last week. Lowell is a young team at the end of a long season it's time for leaders to lead and make sure we have no passengers.
                Tully Rink Rat
                Youngstar
                UML Class of 09

Comment

• Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                  I think puck retrieval and establishing zone times are the bigger problems. They are not even getting good looks at the net because the forechecking has not been there. Lowell generates its best chances when working from the goal line up to the blue line when in the attacking zone. Downtown's goal last week was this exact type of scenairo. They won a battle for the puck beneathe the goal line and he got the space to get to the front of the net with the puck. Win the battles and get guys to the front of the net and the goals will come.

Playing disciplined hockey is another area they need to improve upon from last week. Lowell is a young team at the end of a long season it's time for leaders to lead and make sure we have no passengers.
                  That sounds so good can't wait

Comment

Hockey East went to the Best-of-3 format for the Quarterfinals/Opening Round in 1996. Since then, Lowell is 11-9 in those series, 7-2 at home. When they win Game 1, they are 9-1 with 5 sweeps (6-0 at home with 3 sweeps). When they lose Game 1, they are 2-8, getting swept 6 times (1-2 at home, getting swept once).

The 1 loss when they won Game 1 was 2010 at Maine. The 2 wins when they lost Game 1 were 2001 at UNH and 2017 vs UNH.
                    Last edited by ScottK; 03-13-2019, 12:46 PM.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      Hockey East went to the Best-of-3 format for the Quarterfinals/Opening Round in 1996. Since then, Lowell is 11-9 in those series, 7-2 at home. When they win Game 1, they are 9-1 with 5 sweeps (6-0 at home with 3 sweeps). When they lose Game 1, they are 2-8, getting swept 6 times (1-2 at home, getting swept once).

The 1 loss when they won Game 1 was 2010 at Maine. The 2 wins when they lost Game 1 were 2001 at UNH and 2017 vs UNH.
                      Hope not like last year

Comment

Not much being posted no faith in the boys most think we lose this round

Comment

Not much being posted no faith in the boys most think we lose this round
                          This isn't the only medium to post in though

I think we are going 3 games with OT sprinkled in but I think we get to Boston

In fact, I'm rooting for a Non-Boston School Semifinal Night
                          Tully Rink Rat
                          Youngstar
                          UML Class of 09

Comment

Looking forward to the weekend series. Lucky for Lowell that BU has been just about as terrible in the last 10 games. UML = 4-3-3 and BU = 4-5-1.
                            umASS and Providence should have easy series. I bet the exciting series is going to be NU vs. Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
                              Looking forward to the weekend series. Lucky for Lowell that BU has been just about as terrible in the last 10 games. UML = 4-3-3 and BU = 4-5-1.
                              If you change that to the last 6 games, it's completely different: UML 1-2-3, BU 4-1-1. That's the part that has some people nervous.

Comment

Game went just like i figured

Comment

Working...
                                X