Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Originally posted by UMLDOUG View Post
    Lets hope for a strong playoff drive the lasttwo games.
    We can only hope. 1-3-1 in the last 5 games, not good.

Comment

In another piece of silver lining Bowling Green (15th in Pair Wise) just lost to Alabama Huntsville (58th in PW)
      Tully Rink Rat
      Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
      Youngstar
      UML Class of 09

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        They couldn't catch a bounce or a break tonight. Hopefully they come out on fire tomorrow night.
        1-3-1 heading backwards

Comment

As of 10:30 EST we are still at 16 in Pairwise this might change later on tonight with No Dak Vs CC game on CBS Sports right now
          Tully Rink Rat
          Youngstar
          UML Class of 09

Comment

Complete lack of finish by Lowell, but can't fault the effort.
            Lowell Forever
            Forever Lowell

Comment

Yup. #16 now.
              Going to be rooting for St. Cloud, Clarkson, Union, Penn State and BC tonight.
              Oh - and for the January/early February UML team to show up.
              Well - glass half full, it is looking like the NCAA Regionals may be low stress.
              Last edited by Leecoffee9; 03-02-2019, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
                Yup. #16 now.
                Going to be rooting for St. Cloud, Clarkson, Union, Penn State and BC tonight.
                Oh - and for the January/early February UML team to show up.
                Well - glass half full, it is looking like the NCAA Regionals may be low stress.
                4 points in three weeks only blame ourselves

Comment

Yup, no one else to blame but ourselves for this one. We have now entered the win to get in zone.
                  Tully Rink Rat
                  Youngstar
                  UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                    Yup, no one else to blame but ourselves for this one. We have now entered the win to get in zone.
                    Another tie that feels like a loss. No puck luck again on that second UNH goal. The team is limping to the finish line. A 20 win season seemed pretty certain a couple of weeks ago, now? A must win at UVM for home ice. Hopefully Norm and the team can get it going again.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      Another tie that feels like a loss. No puck luck again on that second UNH goal. The team is limping to the finish line. A 20 win season seemed pretty certain a couple of weeks ago, now? A must win at UVM for home ice. Hopefully Norm and the team can get it going again.
                      Yeah tough break going off of Johnny Mac's skate, but them the breaks. Good on Tyler Wall for bouncing back from that and finishing the game strong with some great saves that kept Lowell in the game. I thought for sure Schutz was going to bury that one at the end he does have a nose for the net when given a clean look. The first period last night was junk on our side. The amount of zone time UNH had was absurbd. Lowell fell into that cycle of getting hemmed in > partial clear > line change > hemmed in again > rinse and repeat. 2nd period onwards we saw the type of hockey we need this time of year. Getting pucks deep, winning battles, retaining pucks and good streches of zone time, and hounding puck carriers with good support. I like the physcality that Lowell played with last night. Avni Bershia for hit of the year last night, what a stick that was just over the blue line.

I am worried next week about that long bus ride up to Burlington. Another down to the finish for positioning battle for Hockey East playoffs. I could sit here and nitpick and second guess, but at the end of the day this team has gone above my expectations for the year and was a step in the right direction from last year.
                      Tully Rink Rat
                      Youngstar
                      UML Class of 09

Comment

Yeah tough break going off of Johnny Mac's skate, but them the breaks. Good on Tyler Wall for bouncing back from that and finishing the game strong with some great saves that kept Lowell in the game. I thought for sure Schutz was going to bury that one at the end he does have a nose for the net when given a clean look. The first period last night was junk on our side. The amount of zone time UNH had was absurbd. Lowell fell into that cycle of getting hemmed in > partial clear > line change > hemmed in again > rinse and repeat. 2nd period onwards we saw the type of hockey we need this time of year. Getting pucks deep, winning battles, retaining pucks and good streches of zone time, and hounding puck carriers with good support. I like the physcality that Lowell played with last night. Avni Bershia for hit of the year last night, what a stick that was just over the blue line.

I am worried next week about that long bus ride up to Burlington. Another down to the finish for positioning battle for Hockey East playoffs. I could sit here and nitpick and second guess, but at the end of the day this team has gone above my expectations for the year and was a step in the right direction from last year.
                        They are probably going up the day before.

Comment

UNH totally dominated that first period after they got that second goal. Any one watching that period would have thought the Wildcats were the ranked team. Schutz actually missed the net by a foot or more. It looked like the puck went off the end of his stick. I'm worried about every game going forward with the way things have been going. The Hawks just need to get it done on Friday, something they haven't been able to do the past few weekends.

There's still some hockey to be played but at this point I agree the team has exceeded my expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            UNH totally dominated that first period after they got that second goal. Any one watching that period would have thought the Wildcats were the ranked team. Schutz actually missed the net by a foot or more. It looked like the puck went off the end of his stick. I'm worried about every game going forward with the way things have been going. The Hawks just need to get it done on Friday, something they haven't been able to do the past few weekends.

There's still some hockey to be played but at this point I agree the team has exceeded my expectations.
                            Yeah, Schutz tried to go far side with it, not a bad plan given that Robinson was hugging the near side post and Chris has a pretty decent shot when trying to pick a corner, oh well not in the cards last night. We still control our own fate and 1 game isn't going to save Sneddon's job. Sounds like things are getting a little catankerous in Burlington right now. On paper, it's a game Lowell should win we just need the full 60 which as we have discussed we did not see last night. Time for the captains to step up and provide the leadership in practice all week and the locker room come Friday.
                            Tully Rink Rat
                            Youngstar
                            UML Class of 09

Comment

If their worried about about a long bus ride please give me a break with playoffs looming I'll be surprised if they win a game hope iam wrong not seeing much lately

Comment

They’re
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X