UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Sounds like the radio guys are not thrilled with the reffing.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Sounds like the radio guys are not thrilled with the reffing.
      The Reid Stefenson penalty was 100 percent his fault very undisciplined 3rd for Lowell, not like them at all
      Tully Rink Rat
      Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
      Youngstar
      UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
        The Reid Stefenson penalty was 100 percent his fault very undisciplined 3rd for Lowell, not like them at all
        No idea how the refs missed that spear on Hernberg that led to the Baxter penalty. Hard to comeback when your playing shorthanded for almost half the period.

Comment

They just ran into a better team this weekend. On to Merrimack.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            No idea how the refs missed that spear on Hernberg that led to the Baxter penalty. Hard to comeback when your playing shorthanded for almost half the period.
            Should have been matching minors on that missed call by the refs. That Reid penalty was bad and he has done that before, freshmen are going to freshmen

Need to regroup now and make sure we play mistake-free hockey against a team on paper we should beat both nights

Curious to know why Connor sat tonight, but I'm pretty sure I know why....
            Tully Rink Rat
            Youngstar
            UML Class of 09

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              Line up changes:
              In - Knoblauch, O'Rourke, Sawchuk
              Out - Wilson, Evingson, Schutz

Hernberg in net.
              Better team providence no question senior Wilson out what does that tell you

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                They just ran into a better team this weekend. On to Merrimack.
                A very disappointing weekend. Agree, PC was the better team. Thankfully I missed the Friday night game which sounded like a real butt kicking by PC. I watched last night's game on tv and I think it came down to a bounce and PC got it. The bad penalties in the third didn't help. I actually yelled at the tv when the Hawks had an odd man rush at the end of the game. I think it was 3 on 2 and the shot went wide and out of the zone. Hit the net!! Get it on net and let the guys crashing pick up a rebound. I have no idea why Wilson missed last night's game. Did he get hurt Friday night?

I'll take 3-2 in the last 5 games against that competition. I'm not sure anyone would have predicted that the team would be on a 9-2-1 run, tied for second place in the league and ranked 14th in the pairwise at this point of the season. Time to regroup and get ready for Merrimack. 5 tough games left in the regular season. One game at a time and no nights /shifts off.
                Last edited by boblav1; 02-17-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Bad weekend for most Lowell teams ...

Basketball lost a close one at UMBC (yes, the same one that pulled off the 16-1 upset last year). We already know about hockey. But the worst ... baseball went off to perennial contender Arizona and lost all four games, which isn't all that surprising. The combined 69-17 score is embarrassing as hell though.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    Bad weekend for most Lowell teams ...

Basketball lost a close one at UMBC (yes, the same one that pulled off the 16-1 upset last year). We already know about hockey. But the worst ... baseball went off to perennial contender Arizona and lost all four games, which isn't all that surprising. The combined 69-17 score is embarrassing as hell though.
                    I saw those baseball scores too. Talk about a tough start and there's no rest for the team as their next 6 games are against #9 Georgia and #7 North Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      I saw those baseball scores too. Talk about a tough start and there's no rest for the team as their next 6 games are against #9 Georgia and #7 North Carolina.
                      I get that you want to play tough competition to prep for the AE season, but are results like this actually helpful?
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Are they getting paid to be patsy? I know they get paid to play bouncy ball with the big guys

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Are they getting paid to be patsy? I know they get paid to play bouncy ball with the big guys
                          I didn't think that would happen in baseball but all three schools (Zona, UGA, UNC) are use baseball as a revenue-producing sport. If they are getting paid to show up it beats having to go to Florida for a month and pay for it yourself I suppose.
                          Tully Rink Rat
                          Youngstar
                          UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            I get that you want to play tough competition to prep for the AE season, but are results like this actually helpful?
                            Hopefully they got something out of these games other than frustration. The benches cleared in the third game of the series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                              I didn't think that would happen in baseball but all three schools (Zona, UGA, UNC) are use baseball as a revenue-producing sport. If they are getting paid to show up it beats having to go to Florida for a month and pay for it yourself I suppose.
                              Here's the thing though is they've played teams of this caliber in the early season before without being pummeled to kingdom come so I dont know if its lack of practice or what. I mean our bats did alright... hopefully they can right the ship against high caliber opponents.
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                Here's the thing though is they've played teams of this caliber in the early season before without being pummeled to kingdom come so I dont know if its lack of practice or what. I mean our bats did alright... hopefully they can right the ship against high caliber opponents.
                                To state the obvious there is a huge talent gap between D1 Programs like Lowell and D1 programs in warm climate areas. Any way you cut it we are at a competitive disadvantage with those schools on the diamond.
                                Tully Rink Rat
                                Youngstar
                                UML Class of 09

Comment

Working...
                                X