UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

just was telling mr les about the 3 repeat rule. He also thought they were just uninterested. He wouldn't believe me- no one would be that stupid- until lil-not-so-lil les confirmed it. Body language can be so eloquent.

Comment

Last edited by ScottK; 02-14-2019, 01:21 AM.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        just was telling mr les about the 3 repeat rule. He also thought they were just uninterested. He wouldn't believe me- no one would be that stupid- until lil-not-so-lil les confirmed it. Body language can be so eloquent.
        I kinda cringe that they're referring to it as a "rule", because it's not why it started. It naturally just evolved that way; it was easy to keep a small section together if everyone was doing the same thing. This coincided with the real first initial boom of students coming to games, and this is what they learned/imitated. It's what their friends learned from them, and what the next class learned, etc. From reading stories that students who came after me were telling, at some point some students who became leaders over in the student section may have become more militant about it, which IMO was shortsighted and dumb.

Back when I was a student, I and others would come up with cheers and heckles off the cuff, and if the section picked them up then three times made a world of sense (example would be "Daddy's Money" against BU and stuff) because it wasn't something you really were looking to get going for any length of time. But chants like U-M-L, Let's Go Lowell, etc - there's no reason to say them thrice and then cut it off. Let it fill the arena. Let all the Lowell fans get in on it till it's rocking and you know both teams are hearing you.

It had it's time and place for being a thing, but I'd love to see the student section now break out of it and become more involved.
        Lowell Forever
        Forever Lowell

Comment

The most recent bracketology has a tasty version for Lowell fans ... in Manchester with a rematch against Denver, winner to play UMass/Harvard.

Man, that would be amazing.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            The most recent bracketology has a tasty version for Lowell fans ... in Manchester with a rematch against Denver, winner to play UMass/Harvard.

I’m a bit confused as to why UMass was placed in Manchester and not Providence. Providence is closer to campus and also easier to get to for the alumni in eastern MA.
            #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
              I’m a bit confused as to why UMass was placed in Manchester and not Providence. Providence is closer to campus and also easier to get to for the alumni in eastern MA.
              He doesn't really explain it here.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                Last week he had UMass as the #1 seed in Manchester and Quinnipiac as the #1 seed in Providence. I could see the reasoning behind that, as the difference between UMass going to either is only about 20 miles, whereas Quinnipiac is a lot closer to Providence that Manchester. Since Quinnipiac dropped a bit, he probably just left UMass in Manchester, because that's where he had them last week.
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post

This is my ideal scenario
                  Tully Rink Rat
                  Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                  Youngstar
                  UML Class of 09

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post

I think Denver had the better team but we got screwed out of the first goal and it was awfully tight for a long time.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Tough to beat a good team three times in same year b carefull to wish for u know who also remember the Irish

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                        Tough to beat a good team three times in same year b carefull to wish for u know who also remember the Irish
                        Agree with you there. All the tourney talk is great but let's get through the next 7 games first. This weekend is huge. The Friars are currently on the bubble and need these games too.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          I know most you hate Howie carr but when he released the salaries in the UMass system 15 years ago he didn't show Lowell's... and mostly because we didn't have any political hide away types. Lowell has run more or less responsibly for a good long time.
                          Here's a UMass Boston faculty member's take on the system salaries and costs.
                          GO MINUTEMEN

Comment

Hockey East to honor Dana Skinner.

Comment

OK local peeps- I need a place to have lunch/dinner at 1'Oclock on a Saturday for 9 people. Main group based in Chelmsford but coming from the north and south to meet. Place needs to take reservations and has to have stuff that doesn't contain garlic. So far Good Thymes and John Ryans have both don't take reservations. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

110 grill in Chelmsford

Comment

Working...
                                X