• Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
    *fistbump*
    Who knew I had it in me.

Comment

Off topic but nice to see Noelle Lambert be honoured by the Celtics last night

http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_3...ert-hero-among

No one would have faulted her rolling over and giving up when life dealt her bad hand. She brushed herself off and kept fighting. She is a shining example of our student-athletes and deserves all the accolades for turning a personal tragedy into triumph.
      Tully Rink Rat
      Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
      Youngstar
      UML Class of 09

Comment

From TMQ, regarding a controversial non-call that some are saying should have been reviewed: "Without a penalty call, the referees weren’t able to use video to review the play. But what I think surprised many North Dakota fans was that the league didn’t issue any supplementary discipline."

If this is true, why were Refs able to review the Cotton Candy dive non-call on Levesque and issue a penalty?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
          From TMQ, regarding a controversial non-call that some are saying should have been reviewed: "Without a penalty call, the referees weren’t able to use video to review the play. But what I think surprised many North Dakota fans was that the league didn’t issue any supplementary discipline."

If this is true, why were Refs able to review the Cotton Candy dive non-call on Levesque and issue a penalty?
          Can only review for a major
          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Can only review for a major
            Not quite right. If no penalty was called on the ice, video replay can only be used to determine if there was a penalty that results in an automatic ejection. (Rule 93.4.11 in the NCAA Hockey Rulebook)
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
              Not quite right. If no penalty was called on the ice, video replay can only be used to determine if there was a penalty that results in an automatic ejection. (Rule 93.4.11 in the NCAA Hockey Rulebook)
              Can always count on you to correct a mistake
              Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Enough

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                  Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                    Interesting, that would explain the leap from no penalty at all to Game Misconduct. No middle ground allowed. Paint's refs in a bed light ether way. Either they were slipshod for entirely missing a dangerous infraction literally 10 feet away or they incorrectly called it upon replay.

Comment

Actually, someone else texted me that info during the game, when I was wondering how they could use replay to call a penalty.
                      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

The new jerseys are, I believe, slightly different. I'm pretty sure the gameworn I have from that era doesn't have a white outline around the numbers on the back. It's a change I really like
                        There were a couple of number and name fonts during the Rangers-style era. There were the weird Star Trek-like ones from the earlier period (think Bazin/Roloson), the drop shadowy numbers from the sort of middle late-90s/early-00s period (like my Jimi St. John jersey, which is a CCM), and I believe the Nike ones were just about the same as the CCM except without the drop shadow on the numbers on the road blues, though there was a white outline. The white outline on those Nike ones was a little less pronounced than these throwbacks though.

I believe the whites had drop-shadowed numbers the whole time, but I'm not 100% on that.

Comment

We are on to Northeastern
                          Tully Rink Rat
                          Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                          Youngstar
                          UML Class of 09

Comment

• Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                            Amen

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                              I like to use the stats of shot attempts for/against, shot % and save % to help predict game results. Data is showing a 2-2 game. Based upon UML's recent positive results and NU's recent negative results.... and the fact that it's an away game.... I am tilting the game in UML's favor. The D team needs to take care of business and we need a solid performance in net! Getting excited!

Comment

Kapla traded from the Devils farm team to the Wild's farm team.
                                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                                X