PDA

View Full Version : UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

UMLFan
02-14-2019, 10:41 AM
Iím a bit confused as to why UMass was placed in Manchester and not Providence. Providence is closer to campus and also easier to get to for the alumni in eastern MA.
He doesn't really explain it here (https://www.uscho.com/2019/02/13/bracketology-providence-out-harvard-in-if-ncaa-tournament-started-today/).

ScottK
02-14-2019, 11:13 AM
He doesn't really explain it here (https://www.uscho.com/2019/02/13/bracketology-providence-out-harvard-in-if-ncaa-tournament-started-today/).

Last week he had UMass as the #1 seed in Manchester and Quinnipiac as the #1 seed in Providence. I could see the reasoning behind that, as the difference between UMass going to either is only about 20 miles, whereas Quinnipiac is a lot closer to Providence that Manchester. Since Quinnipiac dropped a bit, he probably just left UMass in Manchester, because that's where he had them last week.

Turk_Sanderson
02-14-2019, 12:53 PM
The most recent bracketology has a tasty version for Lowell fans ... in Manchester with a rematch against Denver, winner to play UMass/Harvard.

Man, that would be amazing.

This is my ideal scenario

Patman
02-14-2019, 01:36 PM
The most recent bracketology has a tasty version for Lowell fans ... in Manchester with a rematch against Denver, winner to play UMass/Harvard.

Man, that would be amazing.

I think Denver had the better team but we got screwed out of the first goal and it was awfully tight for a long time.

chiefs11
02-14-2019, 02:55 PM
Tough to beat a good team three times in same year b carefull to wish for u know who also remember the Irish

boblav1
02-14-2019, 03:40 PM
Tough to beat a good team three times in same year b carefull to wish for u know who also remember the Irish

Agree with you there. All the tourney talk is great but let's get through the next 7 games first. This weekend is huge. The Friars are currently on the bubble and need these games too.

Kieron
02-15-2019, 09:17 AM
I know most you hate Howie carr but when he released the salaries in the UMass system 15 years ago he didn't show Lowell's... and mostly because we didn't have any political hide away types. Lowell has run more or less responsibly for a good long time.

Here's a UMass Boston faculty member's take on the system salaries and costs (https://www.wbur.org/cognoscenti/2019/02/11/umass-top-salaries-state-disinvestment-joseph-g-ramsey?fbclid=IwAR0-ajK-GwjVRkIJwozOW09cbrxvA2oqAEqRk7L_tQqYqNhWl2mp_5E6HE o).

boblav1
02-15-2019, 01:04 PM
Hockey East to honor Dana Skinner. (https://goriverhawks.com/news/2019/2/15/general-former-ad-dana-skinner-honored-with-hockey-east-founders-medal.aspx)

leswp1
02-15-2019, 01:31 PM
OK local peeps- I need a place to have lunch/dinner at 1'Oclock on a Saturday for 9 people. Main group based in Chelmsford but coming from the north and south to meet. Place needs to take reservations and has to have stuff that doesn't contain garlic. So far Good Thymes and John Ryans have both don't take reservations. Anyone have any ideas?

chiefs11
02-15-2019, 02:21 PM
110 grill in Chelmsford

ScottK
02-15-2019, 02:27 PM
OK local peeps- I need a place to have lunch/dinner at 1'Oclock on a Saturday for 9 people. Main group based in Chelmsford but coming from the north and south to meet. Place needs to take reservations and has to have stuff that doesn't contain garlic. So far Good Thymes and John Ryans have both don't take reservations. Anyone have any ideas?

Kevin Boyle is expected to start for Anaheim again tonight against the Bruins. I'm sure there will be at least a few references to his time at Lowell from Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley on the NESN broadcast.

leswp1
02-15-2019, 03:07 PM
110 grill in Chelmsford

sigh. Shot down already. Picky eaters who are 'not picky'
THanks tho

Turk_Sanderson
02-15-2019, 03:44 PM
sigh. Shot down already. Picky eaters who are 'not picky'
THanks tho

LOL good luck with that Mrs. Les. Doesn't get really more "Americanized fancy" than 110 Grill

chiefs11
02-15-2019, 07:50 PM
From the Sun: River Hawks opponent features strong top line (http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_32202170/river-hawks-opponent-features-strong-top-line)

Strong the whole team was unreal best team we've faced so far this year hands down

leswp1
02-15-2019, 10:36 PM
Best part of the night was the XC team celebration b/w the 2nd and 3rd. mr les fathead traipsed around on the ice :D
Rest of the night..... uff da

Patronick
02-16-2019, 03:15 AM
Woof.

Gotta figure it out and try to salvage the weekend with some points

Leecoffee9
02-16-2019, 08:17 AM
OK local peeps- I need a place to have lunch/dinner at 1'Oclock on a Saturday for 9 people. ....... Anyone have any ideas?

Consider Tavern on the Square at Cross Point Tower. Right off the highway, takes reservations and food is great. Good luck!

Leecoffee9
02-16-2019, 08:35 AM
Disappointing night but I am hoping that we got it our of our system. Expect to see Tha Hernburglah in net tonight? Noticed that Norm shook up the lines a little. Not sure he ever fielded Condotta with Stefanson and Lohin before; they actually skated pretty well together IMHO. Same with Levesque skating with Wilson and Schutz-He-Scores.... wonder if we will see the same line mash-ups tonight. I chock it up to The Friars being built similar to UML and this just not being a great match-up for our squad. PC is a pretty talented bunch. Wall really had no chance on several of those goals but still.....

Turk_Sanderson
02-16-2019, 08:46 AM
Disappointing night but I am hoping that we got it our of our system. Expect to see Tha Hernburglah in net tonight? Noticed that Norm shook up the lines a little. Not sure he ever fielded Condotta with Stefanson and Lohin before; they actually skated pretty well together IMHO. Same with Levesque skating with Wilson and Schutz-He-Scores.... wonder if we will see the same line mash-ups tonight. I chock it up to The Friars being built similar to UML and this just not being a great match-up for our squad. PC is a pretty talented bunch. Wall really had no chance on several of those goals but still.....

He kept switching the lines up mid-game which led to do the first too many men because they got confused. At one point we were skating Kenny-Ryan-Lucas which was our top line in the first half of the season.

Nolan Sawychuk Section 114 or Injury?

Hope it was the former and he gets reinserted. The sequence that led to the third Providence goal should not be happening. Not going to call anyone out by name since it was the entire line's fault, but they left T Wall flapping in the breeze. That line had nothing left in the tank after an extended shift on the ice because they couldn't get the puck deep and then took an icing on a pass to no one in particular that orginated from our goal line. A real **** sequence by that line and they paid the price for it.

Hope Jon McDonald is ok after taking that knee on knee hit from Kaptain Kasper. He did seem to be favouring his left knee the rest of the night as his skating became a lot less fluid.

boblav1
02-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Woof.

Gotta figure it out and try to salvage the weekend with some points

Yup, it will be interesting to see how the team responds tonight.