Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    Spare me your legal mumbo jumbo he turned his back and put HIMSELF into a vulnerable position. How is a guy suppose to pull up in a spot like that? It was a horse**** call that was applied retroactively. Neither ref had his arm up and play contintued until it was blown dead when he was lying there like a dead fish.
    And reviews of plays of this type are also part of the rulebook. That is why it was allowed to be reviewed. The rulebook is there for a purpose. Much like a late hit on a Quarterback in Football. The defender has to have restraint. Safety is the top priority but it looks like that does not matter to you. I think most Lowell fans understand it had to be called. The scariest moment I ever had playing hockey was when I had my head checked into the boards. To this day I have disc problems in my neck.

Comment

Convenient that Turk doesn't remember Levesque hamming it up last year

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
        And reviews of plays of this type are also part of the rulebook. That is why it was allowed to be reviewed. The rulebook is there for a purpose. Much like a late hit on a Quarterback in Football. The defender has to have restraint. Safety is the top priority but it looks like that does not matter to you. I think most Lowell fans understand it had to be called. The scariest moment I ever had playing hockey was when I had my head checked into the boards. To this day I have disc problems in my neck.
        Again your player turned his back and he wasn’t defenseless until he put himself in that postion. So how do we go from no call on the ice to an ejection? It was a garbage call that hosed Lowell and Cotton sold it

Considering all of the cheap runs BC took at Ryan Lohin over the weekend BC player safety is the last thing on my mind.

You guys should really worry more about winning out of conference games and less about the rule book.
        Last edited by Turk_Sanderson; 01-28-2019, 07:51 AM.
        Tully Rink Rat
        Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
        Youngstar
        UML Class of 09

Comment

I was at Friday's snoozefest. There was nothing "cheap" in that game so please stop whining about Ryan Lohin. You come across like a real dbag.

Comment

So how do we go from no call on the ice to an ejection?
            This part is particularly stupid on your part. I didn't see the hit but the whole point of replay is so refs can review to see if they missed something. I believe they have the authority to review for major penalties. Go cry to the league office about it.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              This part is particularly stupid on your part. I didn't see the hit but the whole point of replay is so refs can review to see if they missed something. I believe they have the authority to review for major penalties. Go cry to the league office about it.
              So you are speculating on something that you actually didn't see yourself?

LOL
              Tully Rink Rat
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

So you are speculating on something that you actually didn't see yourself?

LOL
                Um no. I haven't said they made the right call or bad call. Just explained what replay is for.

Comment

I was at Friday's snoozefest. There was nothing "cheap" in that game so please stop whining about Ryan Lohin. You come across like a real dbag.
                  Insert cliche saying with the pot and the kettle

Here is number 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcRpizCRKO4&t=1501s

Puck not even close to being on his stick since he was keyed on by the Eagles and takes a blindside hit

Hit 2

This was actually Colin O'Neill not Ryan, my bad Colin. Kim picking up a steam and going in with looks like a high elbow and did I also see an extension of the leg in there as well?

https://youtu.be/lcRpizCRKO4?t=4663

CHEAP

Forgot about this one between Fitzy and Kenny

https://youtu.be/lcRpizCRKO4?t=4864

Fitzgerald cuts down Kenny Hausinger from his knees with a stick to the skate, missed called pretty ****ing cheap by Fitzy

Last hit on Lohin, I only get 1 missisppi after Lohin releases the puck, so a clean body check here is a clean good hockey hit, my problem here is Kim left his feet and tried to iniate contact with his head. Like I've said before the keyed on him all weekend as they should, he is our best player. I got no tolerance for the cheap ****. It spilled over into Saturday night when Fitzy tried to ride Lohin into the boards well after the whistle late in the 3rd, you know after you had blown a 2 goal lead.

https://youtu.be/lcRpizCRKO4?t=5716

JD if you want to come up for the Lowell game on the 8th I got an extra ticket that night. Maybe we could sit down and have a beer and talk about it like gentlemen.
                  Last edited by Turk_Sanderson; 01-28-2019, 09:15 AM.
                  Tully Rink Rat
                  Youngstar
                  UML Class of 09

Comment

LOL this is great. Sorry, I have no desire to watch a hockey game with someone who wants to whine and complain every time one of their players is breathed on. By all means though, continue to break down every time there was physical contact. Maybe other Lowell fans will care.

Comment

LOL this is great. Sorry, I have no desire to watch a hockey game with someone who wants to whine and complain every time one of their players is breathed on. By all means though, continue to break down every time there was physical contact. Maybe other Lowell fans will care.
                      Oh I'm sorry I am just following the rule book. The fact that you can't see past your own hypocrisy is amazing, but supporting a school like BC really helps with putting up those blind spots.
                      Tully Rink Rat
                      Youngstar
                      UML Class of 09

Comment

What hypocrisy? I can't imagine Lowell fans enjoy being associated with you. Pretty sad if they do.

Comment

What hypocrisy? I can't imagine Lowell fans enjoy being associated with you. Pretty sad if they do.
                          I'm sitting here standing up for my team and you're just butthurt because your boys can't win an OOC game and came away with a single point in a series against Lowell. BC played a cheap game, the minute I threw back it your face about the Levesque hit you get up in arms about David Cotton being wronged when he is at fault for turning his back on the play (a play you have claimed not to have seen)

Let's hop in the way back machine to 1983. BC was admandant Lowell not be allowed into Hockey East because they perceived Lowell was a 2nd rate institution. So my take on this is simple, you never wanted us here and will never consider us an equal. I think the zip code speech applies here,

I hate Boston College
                          I hate your school
                          I hate your colours
                          I hate your ****ing Chestnut Hill zip code, IT'S NOT EVEN IN BOSTON!

Enjoy your slide into mediocrity
                          Last edited by Turk_Sanderson; 01-29-2019, 07:51 AM.
                          Tully Rink Rat
                          Youngstar
                          UML Class of 09

Comment

Yes, I'm calling you out for being a whiny little ***** because BC can't win a non conference game. That makes sense. Especially after BC just played...Lowell, you know a Hockey East team. You clearly don't understand what the word cheap means in the context of the sport of hockey. And I didn't get up in arms about David Cotton being wronged. I am admitting that I didn't see the hit and have not offered an opinion on it. All I tried explaining was that refs have the authority to review for major penalties. If you don't like that, contact Joe Bertagna (something tells me you have done this before. Probably sent him youtube clips of routine tripping infractions).

Your rant is telling though as it provides context to your clear agenda here. Someone who allegedly graduated from Lowell in 2009 all worked up about BC not wanting Lowell in Hockey East all the way back in 1983 (presumably before you were even born although I am beginning to question that). That is good stuff. Keep that chip on your shoulder!

Comment

Yes, I'm calling you out for being a whiny little ***** because BC can't win a non conference game. That makes sense. Especially after BC just played...Lowell, you know a Hockey East team. You clearly don't understand what the word cheap means in the context of the sport of hockey. And I didn't get up in arms about David Cotton being wronged. I am admitting that I didn't see the hit and have not offered an opinion on it. All I tried explaining was that refs have the authority to review for major penalties. If you don't like that, contact Joe Bertagna (something tells me you have done this before. Probably sent him youtube clips of routine tripping infractions).

Your rant is telling though as it provides context to your clear agenda here. Someone who allegedly graduated from Lowell in 2009 all worked up about BC not wanting Lowell in Hockey East all the way back in 1983 (presumably before you were even born although I am beginning to question that). That is good stuff. Keep that chip on your shoulder!
                              All this hate in my heart keeps me warm at night.

Of course I have an agenda I have been rooting for Lowell since 1992, they are my first true love in my realtionship with this sport. Should I hide that and try to be objective? No, I am writing his from a fans perspective and I don't mind playing the role of the honk.

Historical context is a great tool to analyize present relationships. Did they not teach you that at the Heights?
                              Tully Rink Rat
                              Youngstar
                              UML Class of 09

Comment

Looking forward to the BC rematch in two weeks. It should be another entertaining game.

Time to move on. Big game at NU Friday night. The Hawks let one slip away from them the last time they were there. That was a game they should have won.

Comment

Working...
                                X